Fans Vocal

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

This. Why is the knee jerk reaction sack the manager?? You would have thought 11 professional players who have been playing all their lives would be able to pass a ball, tackle make runs  dawson kick a ball straght and actually try  even if the manager was not there. Not convinced we need a master tactician to beat Luton. It's the players or some of them who can't be bothered week in week out. Just get rid of the  the soon out of contract players and any one else who can't put a shift in. 

Think based on Monks previous comments he knows who the wasters are and they don't like their cushy world being questioned. So support Monk and let a manager build a team with players of his own choosing for once.

Unfortunately when you have a manager playing FF as wing back, then I don't think many people would trust said manager to have the wherewithal  to build a new team. And thats not even taking into account his tactics, formations, substitutions etc.  

3 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

As simple as that 

They don’t believe in the manager, system or strategy 

They aren’t bad players - we have some of the best individual players in the league here. Round pegs round holes - if you get the players playing in the right way and believe in it, they’ll play for you

Monk isn’t - and has lost it completely

I think this statement is very, very hard to justify. Didn't see many clubs rushing to make bids for them in January. They are seriously over rated IMO.

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

I'm pretty certain that we've sang it more recently and more often than 20 years ago - and then we didn't go on to win the next match 4-0!

Last time I remember it being sung was away at Tranmere when we got thumped 3-0 and even Showunmi scored.

Megson had just been appointed I think 

3 hours ago, Royal_D said:

To be fair , it was toxic when we was 3rd in league , it’s been toxic a while 

Don't put the blame on the home environment. The team have been awful playing away at relegation threatened Wigan, Barnsley, Stoke and Luton in front of the terrific away support. This team haven't the mental toughness to succeed.

If they produce another gutless performance like the Blackburn game,  they'll deserve any criticism levelled at them whilst they collect their hugely inflated wages.

10 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Don't put the blame on the home environment. The team have been awful playing away at relegation threatened Wigan, Barnsley, Stoke and Luton in front of the terrific away support. This team haven't the mental toughness to succeed.

If they produce another gutless performance like the Blackburn game,  they'll deserve any criticism levelled at them whilst they collect their hugely inflated wages.

Those four teams have been the worst teams ALL season !  Even a half decent display should have seen them all off and we'd be 11 points better off, top two material !  Don't think I've ever been so angry. Even in the Turner days and the 70's I knew our players were the bottom of the barrel and couldn't do any better, but some (only some) have the ability but just lack the desire and commitment now. It's heartbraking

46 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Wasn’t putting the blame on anything,  merely stated that the environment has been ‘toxic’ for a while 

Worst thing is, those fans in the video  who are rightly laying into the team aren't the fairweather ones who go to the odd big game, they're the most loyal of all who turn up at Luton midweek when it's freezing and it's live on Sky. 

When you've lost the goodwill of those fans, it's a sign you're in trouble. 

7 hours ago, LittleG said:

Unfortunately when you have a manager playing FF as wing back, then I don't think many people would trust said manager to have the wherewithal  to build a new team. And thats not even taking into account his tactics, formations, substitutions etc.  

So one out of position player means sack the manager when we have players who can't be bothered to play or even try to play football

Guest LittleG
1 minute ago, Harrysgame said:

So one out of position player means sack the manager when we have players who can't be bothered to play or even try to play football

Try reading my post again; I did mention some of his other failings, not all of them. The players are not blameless and need to look at themselves but so does Monk. 

1 minute ago, LittleG said:

Try reading my post again; I did mention some of his other failings, not all of them. The players are not blameless and need to look at themselves but so does Monk. 

Maybe, but having an out of position player should not stop the precious darlings, from tackling passing and giving it a go.

Guest LittleG
Just now, Harrysgame said:

Maybe, but having an out of position player should not stop the precious darlings, from tackling passing and giving it a go.

So you're quite happy with Monk and it's all down to the players. I respect your opinion but just don't agree with it. There's culpability all way round.

1 minute ago, LittleG said:

So you're quite happy with Monk and it's all down to the players. I respect your opinion but just don't agree with it. There's culpability all way round.

Nobody’s happy, and there 100% is culpability all round but there’s too many burying there heads in sand reference this absolutely shambolic, unprofessional set of ‘senior’ players at this football club 

If Bullen gets the gig again and he throws Westwood and Hutchinson back in am going nowhere near S6 till next season when hopefully neither are Wednesday players anymore 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Nobody’s happy, and there 100% is culpability all round but there’s too many burying there heads in sand reference this absolutely shambolic, unprofessional set of ‘senior’ players at this football club 

If Bullen gets the gig again and he throws Westwood and Hutchinson back in am going nowhere near S6 till next season when hopefully neither are Wednesday players anymore 

Agree, some players need to learn that they are not bigger than the club. 

Guest LittleG
1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

It's not your opinion I was referring to. Like I said there is criticism to be levelled in all directions. My opinion is I wouldn't trust Monk to build a new squad after we have got rid of all the senior players. Worth noting that it's not just the senior players who are struggling for form. Whatever happens at Hillsborough, unfortunately I'll still end up going.