Pick A Wednesday Team To Save Your Life

Imagine if your life depended on the result.

Forget about players who are frozen out, who in perfect circumstances would you pick?

Westwood

Palmer   Iorfa   Börner   Fox

Murphy   Bannan   Hutchinson   Forestieri

Wickham   Fletcher

Close one for Hutch or Luongo but Hutch just about gets the nod. Not seen enough of Da Cruz or Windass yet to put my life in their hands.

God help me!

• Haha 2

Just now, BIG D said:

Forget about players who are frozen out, who in perfect circumstances would you pick?

Westwood

Wickham   Fletcher

Close one for Hutch or Luongo but Hutch just about gets the nod. Not seen enough of Da Cruz or Windass yet to put my life in their hands.

God help me!

Please can I have Barcelona lol

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Westwood

Wickham   Fletcher

God help me!

I wouldn't put my life in any of their hands. 

-----------------------------------------------Dawson------------------------------------------

---------------------Iorfa---------------------Borner---------------------Lees----------------

Palmer--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Fox

--------------------------------Bannan-------------------Luongo----------------------------

----------------Da Cruz-------------------------------------------------------Fessi------------

---------------------------------------------Wickham--------------------------------------------

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, paddyowl said:

-----------------------------------------------Dawson------------------------------------------

---------------------Iorfa---------------------Borner---------------------Lees----------------

Palmer--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Fox

--------------------------------Bannan-------------------Luongo----------------------------

----------------Da Cruz-------------------------------------------------------Fessi------------

---------------------------------------------Wickham--------------------------------------------

These formations always look the best on the phone haha.... brilliant get it done 

1AA019E2-25FB-4208-9043-AF979A66666D.thumb.png.316fb7359929582362eb76835bca4880.png

All the players in their pomp

Keiren Westwood

Roland Nillson, Des Walker, Nigel Pearson, Nigel Worthington

Paulo DiCanio, John Sheridan, John Harkes, Chris Waddle

David Hirst, Steven Fletcher 

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

All the players in their pomp

Keiren Westwood

Roland Nillson, Des Walker, Nigel Pearson, Nigel Worthington

Paulo DiCanio, John Sheridan, John Harkes, Chris Waddle

David Hirst, Steven Fletcher 

Westwood?

Fletcher?

Harkes?

Really?

5 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Westwood?

Fletcher?

Harkes?

Really?

Indeed Westwood in the first two season was the best keeper we have had for the last 20 odd years, Woods was dodgy with crosses and Pressman was too busy eating pies, we have had other keepers such as Grant and Lucas (before the bad injury0 but none have been as consistently good as Westwood I am only in my 40's so anything pre 1980's is before me.

Harkes was a worker and one of my favourite players so was always going to be in the 11, and Fletcher playing with Hirst would get goals sort of Andy Booths strength and Mark Brights guile.

33 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

If I had to pick a Wednesday team to save my life...

Pressman

Nillson

Pearson

Walker

King

Waddle

Palmer

Sheridan

Worthington

Hirst

Bright

Subs: Woods, Wilson, Shirtliff, Harkes, Warhurst, Francis, Anderson

Most of them are geriatrics now. Mind you So am I.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Trevor Francis anyone ? 1st Million pound transfer.

Tremendous player, I thought what a waste of money when we signed him far to old and past it.   Boy was I wrong, he could cross a ball and drop it on to a sixpence, get past a defender without thinking about it and knew where the net was.

Same with Chris Waddle thought he was looking for his last cushy number but like Francis never gave less than 100%.

Maybe we should be looking for a superstar coming to the end of his career, Messi anyone?