Players need to go - Monk

Just now, The Horse said:

Putting myself in Monks' shoes, I'd be at home right now seriously considering flipping this poo show right off.

Not worth the stress.

That’s crossed my mind as well,

If he does not have full autonomy on players aqusition and Paxio is bringing players he does not want he may either jump or go through the motions , and then we are truly fuckked

Just now, hugeowl said:

That’s crossed my mind as well,

If he does not have full autonomy on players aqusition and Paxio is bringing players he does not want he may either jump or go through the motions , and then we are truly fuckked

Indeed. 

He wants to move players on and then isn't allowed to because dipstick still thinks we are all some big family. 

What a carry on.  

Edited by SiJ

1 minute ago, marconi said:

Con men the lot of them, manager coaches and players. Next press conference we aim to put things right, bla bla bla.

Oh god. 

If I hear one f00ker say "we need to dust ourselves down and go again..."

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Indeed. 

He wants to move players on and then isn't allowed to because dipstick still thinks we are all some big family. 

What a carry on.  

There is also the problem that some of our players are simply not that desirable to any club playing at a level who could afford to pay them similar amounts to us. 

16 minutes ago, The Horse said:

Putting myself in Monks' shoes, I'd be at home right now seriously considering flipping this poo show right off.

Not worth the stress.

It will probably end like that, it always does with Monk The sooner the better for me

4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

There is also the problem that some of our players are simply not that desirable to any club playing at a level who could afford to pay them similar amounts to us. 

Yep. 

Lot of Championship teams are having to cut their cloth due to FFP. 

No one in their right mind is taking a Nando for 30k a week or a Jordan Rhodes on god knows how much. 

It is a farce. 

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

I can see us getting absolutely zero for anyone in this squad even if we were lucky enough for someone to make an enquiry.

The recruitment since Chansiri came in has been almost negligent.

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

It will probably end like that, it always does with Monk The sooner the better for me

Yeah, but who comes in then?

Which bloke comes in who you can moan about next? 

Who is the great flipping manager out there who can wave a magic wand and sort all this out? 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

There seems to be a lot of sympathy for Monk, none of which were afforded to Jos or bullens temporary charge. 

Obv the way Bruce left is going to taint our fans views but he got the best out of the squad, had them organised and well drilled. 

Monk has had enough time to sort a team out and tactics, the alarming thing is we have started to leak goals and concede late in games Stoke and Blackburn away springs to mind.

14 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Honestly, anyone who tries to stick up for the players now needs sectioning. 

Monk is far from perfect and questions have to be raised as to his approach and our form/performances, but the fact is this group of players have let down manager after manager in the last few years. 

They are a flipping disgrace and I cannot wait to see the back of them. 

Utter wasters. 

For me Fletcher is the only one this season who has consistently shown the required quality and effort. I am no great fan of Fox but he would probably be the next best.

After that we have a bunch of players who are consistently inconsistent, consistently bad or just not good enough, those that do have enough quality seem to lack the effort too often and those that display the required effort regularly aren't good enough for where we are supposed to be competing at. 

On top of that, when the chips are down who are we looking at in that squad to be positive, lead by example and pull the team together?

It's all a bit of a shambles. Couple of days to go in the transfer window, if you were a footballer looking for a move, with no allegiances to our club, how attractive a prospect would that be?  

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Who is the great flipping manager out there who can wave a magic wand and sort all this out? 

Who knows, but Monk can’t do it, look at the football FFS

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

It's the 'philosophy' of the modern football fan isn't it? I guess it's a by-product of the social media/next day delivery/instant pizza/rolling news generation.

Imagine situations similar to those in the Jack Charlton and Ron Atkinson tenures. With the current mindset they'd quite likely have been hounded out of the club before they had a chance to build anything.

Just now, gurujuan said:

Who knows, but Monk can’t do it, look at the football FFS

Do you think it'd be all that better under anyone else? 

Do you really think someone is going to come in and have us pinging the thing about like Liverpool? 

No offence, but I think sometimes you confuse Football Manager with real life. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Do you think it'd be all that better under anyone else? 

Do you really think someone is going to come in and have us pinging the thing about like Liverpool? 

No offence, but I think sometimes you confuse Football Manager with real life. 

Yeah, I think there are plenty of managers who could make a better fist of it than Monk.