Players need to go - Monk

1 minute ago, hugeowl said:

Plus we don’t know what is going on with players like Forestieri and Westwood influencing things also other players who put on the act for the supporters but are poison for the squad 

There are definitely things affecting this squad that we don’t know about 

who are the players putting on the act do you think? 

1 minute ago, hugeowl said:

Plus we don’t know what is going on with players like Forestieri and Westwood influencing things also other players who put on the act for the supporters but are poison for the squad 

That's true

Josh alluded to it

He said there were many bad influences in the squad

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest The Horse

There's something toxic in our squad.

We've all known it was there.

Jos tried to weed it out but just didn't have the skills or personality to manage it.

Bullen looked like a beaten man when it went on too long.

Bruce jumped as soon as he could.

Monk is the first to come out and acknowledge it but I'd sure love to know who these players are apart from the obvious one of Westwood.

Looks like it's civil war time though.

And I'm siding with Monk.

12 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I agree a large overhaul is needed, I just don’t trust monk and his tactics to change our fortunes, i didn’t pre appointment even less now. 

Sacking a manager who hadn't signed a single player would just about sum up football as we've come to know it.

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

That's true

Josh alluded to it

He said there were many bad influences in the squad

I think looking back that he knew he was fighting a losing battle but I think Monk can do it 

we have to give him a good go at it 

Guest wilyfox

If fans are honest, they'll refrain from criticising the coach for a moment and acknowledge we have a number of players that down tools and coast whenever they feel like it. It happens from one game to the next - and one half to the next as was evident tonight. You can see who the triers are, and which have lost their hunger. 

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me......too many players flatter to deceive. Get them out asap.

Thats about as forthright as any manager can be short of naming names. I'm happy he's said it, he couldn't say much else after tonight.

I worry some will raise their games and fool him, that mustn't happen.

You have to be honest, this stems from the very top. Too comfortable etc, etc. All down to the naivety of DC, I'm sure he thinks if you sign a player who's good in that moment he always will be, so wrong.

Said it elsewhere, we won't ever know if Monk is a good manager or not with this shower of sh!t. 

It wasn't as bad as I've seen us at times but I think it's wound me up more than any game I can think of, that and the server........lol

Edited by Morepork

23 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

That’s the talk of a manager passing the book to keep himself out of bother, he’s partly right but his tactics and style of play do t suit this squad. It’s the same shirt every game. 

poor players, poor tactics, poor performances poor substitutions poor manager. 

I tried to wait before I cam on to calm down but after watching g yet another display of poo from top to bottom I can’t be calm.....

his substitutions baffle me as well most of the time I didn’t want him as manger before he came, im liking him even less now. 

It's difficult to defend anyone at present, players, manager, chairman, the lot of them, and it's even more difficult to see a way out of this horrible mess we're in. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

If you are a young/new player and you see FF on 30k a week can’t be bothered to put the effort in training, KW 20k a week and refuses to be part of the squad unless he starts it’s hardly a good example.

Monk has spoke repeatedly about the culture within the club which has to change. The senior players have had too much influence for too long. 

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

You lost me here

You cannot polish a turd

And we have many turds

What I’m trying to say is that Monk is far from infallible from what we’ve seen from him so far. The players are predominantly to blame for píssing away so many late points to the point where it now feels inevitable when it happens... but the fact it continues to happen again and again is concerning. I don’t think getting rid of Monk is the answer — our problems run much deeper than just the manager — but it’s not like we’re playing well and losing is it? 

Just now, hugeowl said:

I think looking back that he knew he was fighting a losing battle but I think Monk can do it 

we have to give him a good go at it 

I agree

But we have a lot of numpties on here who can't see the wood for the trees

They'd rather put the blame on the manager or the keeper and absolve the outfield players

We even have people calling for the return of Forestieri, the biggest piiss taker we've ever had

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Just now, beswetherick said:

What I’m trying to say is that Monk is far from infallible from what we’ve seen from him so far. The players are predominantly to blame for píssing away so many late points to the point where it now feels inevitable when it happens... but the fact it continues to happen again and again is concerning. I don’t think getting rid of Monk is the answer — our problems run much deeper than just the manager — but it’s not like we’re playing well and losing is it? 

I'm not in favour of a change of manager but I do agree, he is not without blame. I thought we were tactically superb against QPR and tactically inept against Wigan, despite poor performances all over the park. Monk has to own that. I will add a caveat in his favour that he's not exactly overrun with quality options but that just makes the tactics that much more critical.  

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, SiJ said:

It is worth remembering that these "pros" threw their mate, Bullen, under the bus when he was basically auditioning for the first team job. 

Spot on. Second half against QPR.

I think people have hit the nail on the head, it’s becoming clear theres something not right in that squad, a manager says those things publicly in 2 circumstances, 1 he’s new and has carte blanch to do what he likes or 2 when he’s lost the dressing room. Well no1 is out the window Maybe Jos highlighted where the problems were?

Edited by shez owl

Honestly, anyone who tries to stick up for the players now needs sectioning. 

Monk is far from perfect and questions have to be raised as to his approach and our form/performances, but the fact is this group of players have let down manager after manager in the last few years. 

They are a flipping disgrace and I cannot wait to see the back of them. 

Utter wasters. 

• Like 2

Guest The Horse

Putting myself in Monks' shoes, I'd be at home right now seriously considering flipping this poo show right off.

Not worth the stress.

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Spot on. Second half against QPR.

Yes. 

A horrific showing, which was pretty much matched by tonight's "effort". 

It goes beyond players having a bad day at the office and, imo, not actually caring anymore. 

Some of the stuff that went on tonight (like QPR) was more than a few players having an off day.