Promotion

It's absolute nonsense to suggest the league isn't strong. It's stronger than ever and that's why there are about 12 teams in the mix

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Is the league not that strong this season because we are winning and in the top 6?

Had we been stuffed every week and been in the bottom 6 would we be saying, really difficult league this season. Some good teams in it.

Ive said since august its there for the taking. The top two are clear, we got 4 pts off l***s and shouldve won at baggies, every game is winnable and nobody stands out. Brentford in my eyes play the best football but tend to slip away. Whether we can take advantage though Im not sure

8 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

It's absolute nonsense to suggest the league isn't strong. It's stronger than ever and that's why there are about 12 teams in the mix

Exactly people just think we are awful. When in actual fact we have been as good as most this season.

1 minute ago, unkastav said:

Ive said since august its there for the taking. The top two are clear, we got 4 pts off l***s and shouldve won at baggies, every game is winnable and nobody stands out. Brentford in my eyes play the best football but tend to slip away. Whether we can take advantage though Im not sure

That's not the league being poor and being there for the taking. That's us being good.

Have to disagree, I think the league is poor this year, but most of the problem seems to be the crud that came down last year. Can't help thinking about the points we have thrown away this season. A bit of better luck and more effort towards the end of games and we could have been ten points clear. I know that could be said of a lot of the others. But it could have been and I actually think we are a poorer team than four years ago. 

1 minute ago, hugeowl said:

Any team that has a strong defensive unit and a competent Goalkeeper  is going to give you a fighting chance 

Tend to agree with this I think we have the best defensive unit in the league just seem to have lacked creativity, class and bottle in other areas. 

9 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

Tend to agree with this I think we have the best defensive unit in the league just seem to have lacked creativity, class and bottle in other areas. 

Yep, you have to wonder why we've scored more away than everybody else. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Is the league not that strong this season because we are winning and in the top 6?

Had we been stuffed every week and been in the bottom 6 would we be saying, really difficult league this season. Some good teams in it.

What an odd comment. Had we been in the bottom 6 I'm sure we would be saying that but we are not so your post makes no sense.

The reality is we have a much weaker side than under carlos but we are still in 6th. The league is definitely weak this year.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pale Rider said:

Taking the threat of a points deduction out of the equation, must of us didn’t hold hopes of a promotion run this season. As the season unfolded it became apparent the league wasn’t that great and if held in until January, with a few reinforcements, we could have a run at it. Looks like the cavalry won’t be forthcoming. Are we strong enough and good enough to hang in there as we are? 

Your thoughts?

What makes you think the cavalry’s not arriving? I don’t understand some of our fans. :duntmatter:

3 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

What an odd comment. Had we been in the bottom 6 I'm sure we would be saying that but we are not so your post makes no sense.

The reality is we have a much weaker side than under carlos but we are still in 6th. The league is definitely weak this year.

Do we have a much weaker side.? There are alot more teams with money now then there was then. We got in the top 6 twice under Carlos and since we have struggled with the same players. 

So that tells me one of two things the league was weaker back then or Carlos was a genius.  Teams now have far more quality in there squads then they did back then.

8 minutes ago, Spookone said:

What makes you think the cavalry’s not arriving? I don’t understand some of our fans. :duntmatter:

Just waiting for the walking wounded and the cowards to get out of dodge before the Cavalry turn up. :tongue: