Promotion

Taking the threat of a points deduction out of the equation, must of us didn’t hold hopes of a promotion run this season. As the season unfolded it became apparent the league wasn’t that great and if held in until January, with a few reinforcements, we could have a run at it. Looks like the cavalry won’t be forthcoming. Are we strong enough and good enough to hang in there as we are? 

Your thoughts?

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Taking the threat of a points deduction out of the equation, must of us didn’t hold hopes of a promotion run this season. As the season unfolded it became apparent the league wasn’t that great and if held in until January, with a few reinforcements, we could have a run at it. Looks like the cavalry won’t be forthcoming. Are we strong enough and good enough to hang in there as we are? 

Your thoughts?

We've as good a chance as any of the top 8 or 9 as it stands IMO. 

The cavalry may well arrive, because there are still two weeks left for them to. 

50 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

If Monk sticks with 433 we've got a chance of the playoffs..by then Fletcher might be back.

Fletcher will need half a dozen games to get back up to speed after a 10 week lay off. I've written him off for the season. I'm not saying he won't be back I just think he won't be as effective.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, prowl said:

Fletcher will need half a dozen games to get back up to speed after a 10 week lay off. I've written him off for the season. I'm not saying he won't be back I just think he won't be as effective.

You may well be right... but he's in the best condition of his life which aids recovery.. but yeah you've got a point..

• Like 1