Step up FF

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

forget about him stop living in the past , what will be interesting though is if there are any stupid clubs out there like we were 3-4 years ago handing out daft contracts . who in there right mind would offer him say a 2 year deal on 35k a week for doing just about nothing in 2 half years and has a very poor work ethic/attitude . if we could release him now and use his 35k a week wages on someone decent on loan in place of him , be best for both parties as there is no chance he will get a new deal here. 

Totally agree, cut our losses and just let him go, even it is on a free.

17 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Totally agree, cut our losses and just let him go, even it is on a free.

This is what I don't understand.

Why would you? What would be the point?

I there's a worthwhile economic gain in him leaving then fine I see that, but even if he is used in a cameo role now & again, it is beyond dispute that he has the ability to cause problems to defences & can score & create goals. When he came on recently he caused absolute panic where previously the opposing defence had been totally calm.

I just do not understand the clamour to 'get rid at any cost'.  It makes zero sense.

• Like 1

I think what people are missing is no one on here has ever slagged off the likes Nuhiu, Fox, Pelupessy etc. for a lack of effort. They’ve also never been called out for a lack off effort by their team mates.

Forestieri has, in both cases. This isn’t a case of a player busting his gut but not getting the breaks. It’s about a player that clearly has no interest in knuckling down and trying to find a way to fit into our side. 

That’s the reason why people are quick to write him off. We’ve seen nothing from him for 3 years that suggests he wants to improve, work harder and play every week.

2 hours ago, ES6owl said:

With the momentum and confidence running high, from back to back wins against a premiership club and the championship leaders. Can nando come back from injury and do what we all no he’s capable of doing.? If he was a new January signing along with Wickham (hopefully) surely we’d all be jumping for joy.

id love nothing more for him to show us the player that he really is, with some grit and desire I think he’d be great under monk. 

i'd love it for him to hit his straps, BUT I haven't seen anything outstanding from him for some time now (12 months?)

not sure IF he found his form he could fit into a monk side as anything other than a late on sub (nuhiuesque).

guys such as him who was bought in to play cocoball, may not be up to getting the hard yards covered in under a handful of seconds.

I do hope i'm wrong though, as a fully firing ff would (still) be one hell of a player.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

I think what people are missing is no one on here has ever slagged off the likes Nuhiu, Fox, Pelupessy etc. for a lack of effort. They’ve also never been called out for a lack off effort by their team mates.

Forestieri has, in both cases. This isn’t a case of a player busting his gut but not getting the breaks. It’s about a player that clearly has no interest in knuckling down and trying to find a way to fit into our side. 

That’s the reason why people are quick to write him off. We’ve seen nothing from him for 3 years that suggests he wants to improve, work harder and play every week.

The lads been doing double training sessions for a week solid. Going back to training when every one else has finished. He's been in this weekend. 

I would say that is knuckling down.

2 hours ago, handworth52 said:

forget about him stop living in the past , what will be interesting though is if there are any stupid clubs out there like we were 3-4 years ago handing out daft contracts . who in there right mind would offer him say a 2 year deal on 35k a week for doing just about nothing in 2 half years and has a very poor work ethic/attitude . if we could release him now and use his 35k a week wages on someone decent on loan in place of him , be best for both parties as there is no chance he will get a new deal here. 

I really don't see any takers.

BUT IF, and i'm not sure when his lucrative contract is up, he'll need to start playing well in the hope of us resigning him, or somebody else stepping in with another FAT contract offer.

6 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

This is what I don't understand.

Why would you? What would be the point?

I there's a worthwhile economic gain in him leaving then fine I see that, but even if he is used in a cameo role now & again, it is beyond dispute that he has the ability to cause problems to defences & can score & create goals. When he came on recently he caused absolute panic where previously the opposing defence had been totally calm.

I just do not understand the clamour to 'get rid at any cost'.  It makes zero sense.

It makes £30k+ per week sense that could be better spent on someone who going to offer something every week.

1 hour ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

We will get rid, he will sign for another club, smash it for a year, the team he signs for will be laughing at us, Saying why did they let him go, what a steal.. bla bla bla... then he will do the same for them as he did to us and Watford. 

Just get rid. We’re doing alright without him. 

i'm not sure he fits our present style, i'm far from sure he'll fit our style after additions are made in the present window.

he'd be a small player in a ****ing BIG side, and bannan already has that role covered.

Edited by dorian gray
  • Haha 1