Step up FF

2 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

I think what people are missing is no one on here has ever slagged off the likes Nuhiu, Fox, Pelupessy etc. for a lack of effort. They’ve also never been called out for a lack off effort by their team mates.

Forestieri has, in both cases. This isn’t a case of a player busting his gut but not getting the breaks. It’s about a player that clearly has no interest in knuckling down and trying to find a way to fit into our side. 

That’s the reason why people are quick to write him off. We’ve seen nothing from him for 3 years that suggests he wants to improve, work harder and play every week.

Has he though or is it all urban myth. 

Whenever I've seen him, he's run his boll****s off ( a lot more than other players on the pitch at times).

As for knuckling down, didn't he set up his own close season training regime to get fit?

When he came on the other week he looked more than motivated to me.

I just don't buy all this stuff supposedly surrounding FF. 

Maybe get off his back, keep an open mind & see what he can do if indeed he gets the chance.

If Monk thinks he's not suitable for whatever reason I'll go with his judgement and not the blood sucking hyena's on here who's demands for players to be kicked out of S6, varies week on week & bears a total absence of any sort of logic.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

It makes £30k+ per week sense that could be better spent on someone who going to offer something every week.

Thought I'd covered that!

"If there's a worthwhile economic gain in him leaving then fine I see that",

Maybe freeing up wages comes into that category and i'm pretty sure Monk & DC will look / have looked at the player & the maths & reached a conclusion.

Not convinced giving away players (other than ones nearly out of contract) is a model many clubs will want to emulate. 

Also, (& we've already touched on this earlier), how many players currently & over the years have gone from zero to hero on here. Some from one WEEK to the next. 

1 minute ago, bigthinrob said:

Has he though or is it all urban myth. 

Whenever I've seen him, he's run his boll****s off ( a lot more than other players on the pitch at times).

As for knuckling down, didn't he set up his own close season training regime to get fit?

When he came on the other week he looked more than motivated to me.

I just don't buy all this stuff supposedly surrounding FF. 

Maybe get off his back, keep an open mind & see what he can do if indeed he gets the chance.

If Monk thinks he's not suitable for whatever reason I'll go with his judgement and not the blood sucking hyena's on here who's demands for players to be kicked out of S6, varies week on week & bears a total absence of any sort of logic.

Totally here what you're saying and everyone will have a different take on it.

I personally always liked FF and can't question his past abilities and performances but that is exactly what they are, in the past.

I'd love to be proved wrong but just can't see it, due to age, injuries etc. I think it's time to move on.

As I said earlier, £30k+ per week is a lot of outlay for us on someone who hasn't been available for varying reasons over the last couple of seasons.

I think this is what the majority of people are looking at but whatever GM decides, I'm on board with.

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
59 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

just do not understand the clamour to 'get rid at any cost'.  It makes zero sense.

Because it will save us 30-40 grand a week?

We are currently a better team without FF in it. 

The last person you want stood next to you in the trenchs when fighting for a win is him. 

He needs to be cuddled and told he's the best to get the best out of him, then he has to want it. 

He is a good player but his best day's are behind him and you can tell he is just going through the motions when on the pitch until summer comes along. 

If we don't sell him in this window he will go on a free in the summer, he will be a bit part player until then.

Both parties need to move on. 

12 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Because it will save us 30-40 grand a week?

I did cover that.

Whether DC & Monk see that as the above remains to be seen or whether they still see the wages as a justifiable expense rather than getting rid "At any cost"

52 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Thought I'd covered that!

Maybe freeing up wages comes into that category and i'm pretty sure Monk & DC will look / have looked at the player & the maths & reached a conclusion.

Not convinced giving away players (other than ones nearly out of contract) is a model many clubs will want to emulate. 

Also, (& we've already touched on this earlier), how many players currently & over the years have gone from zero to hero on here. Some from one WEEK to the next. 

we have a very volatile fanbase, made intrinsically worse by their 'limited' football knowledge.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ferkorf said:

I can see the point, Im sure you can too.

Some of our fans just love being miserable.

If they have nothing to hate or moan about that involves our club or players they can't function.

It was absolutely mind blowing the other day when they all turned on Bannan.

Don't play Bannan we lose because he messes up the midfield.

Hes our best player.

Maybe or Arguably best player last decade.

But still 3 losses on the bounce and the crazies are out frothing at the mouth.

Fernandos an absolute quality player.

Bad attitude? Yet....

Came off bench and helped turn the tide of the games at Hillsborough against swansea and Birmingham. Also recall charlton away we ended up winning when he came of bench.

Not done anything for years though

Charlton away FF started. We scored our goals to win the game after he got subbed off.

2 hours ago, roaminowl said:

I seem to recall you saying the same thing about Westwood, Hutchinson, Lee etc. last season. I can only suggest that you must like egg on your face.

You must have been watching a different Westwood to me this season.

1 hour ago, Bukta said:

The lads been doing double training sessions for a week solid. Going back to training when every one else has finished. He's been in this weekend. 

I would say that is knuckling down.

That’s what every injured player tends to do. He’s not breaking the mould there.

You need to see it more than a few weeks on the training pitch too. He’s been sounded out by Bannan for a lack of effort and Monk has said ever since his first day that if you put the work in you’ll get the chances. FF seems to be the only one that hasn’t had a run of games, even Rhodes and Winnall have come out from the cold and featured more.

He isn’t doing it on the pitch for me, hadn’t for a long time. When his colleagues are asked about him they point towards him needing to work harder. When the manager is asked about him he points to hard work and application being the key to players getting game time under him. There’s reason he’s hardly featured when he’s been available, and everything points towards poor application on his part. 

We should try and use him for the rest of the season. No ones going to pay a fee so all we save is his wages for a few months.

No doubt he will realise that to command a decent deal elsewhere he needs to prove himself over the next 4 months and we need to use that to our advantage. With this thought in mind I think he will come back firing on all cylinders.

Even if he blasts us to promotion I would still then bin him off at the end of the season otherwise we will get a repeat pantomime a few months later.

Classic Owlstalk, 2 wins and every player gets their own thread telling us how brilliant we are ( forgetting we could have been 3 down) ,usually ending in

" And long may it continue"

Meanwhile we can discard anyone that wasnt playing , what a bunch of football slappers on here 

In the Fox interview after the game  he spoke about the players running thru brick walls for each other. I don’t think Forestieri fits that description nor fits into a squad or team ethos at Hillsborough anymore.

Just now, Holmowl said:

In the Fox interview after the game  he spoke about the players running thru brick walls for each other. I don’t think Forestieri fits that description nor fits into a squad or team ethos at Hillsborough anymore.

I think he puts the effort in on the field when he's selected. 

Just can't be arssed at training or during the school holidays.

Bit of a shame for him and us.

3 hours ago, Ray Von shabba said:

It makes £30k+ per week sense that could be better spent on someone who going to offer something every week.

Hes not on 30k tho we only have 2 players on that and its westy and fletch

But yea I agree he had his time here now I'm sick of his annual Christmas holiday.