Step up FF

I thought I'd read everything on Owlstalk until I read this.

Owlstalk affects transfer fees. Holy crap.

If only we'd known that when the Chairman spunked 30 million up the wall on Rhodes et al.

We could have got those players for nothing if we'd helped him on here.

:tango:

• Haha 1

Just now, SiJ said:

This site is genuinely bonkers. 

I want us to get promoted.

I honestly don't see the point/benefit in slagging a player off, with Nando's ability at this stage of the season.

That is what I find bonkers. It's crazy. Protect your assets! That is all I'm trying to say.

If we fail to get promoted and he fvcks off in the summer, then slag away.

Until then, keep schtum or be positive. Promotion this season is a real possibility.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Manchester_Owl said:

I want us to get promoted.

I honestly don't see the point/benefit in slagging a player off, with Nando's ability at this stage of the season.

That is what I find bonkers. It's crazy. Protect your assets! That is all I'm trying to say.

If we fail to get promoted and he fvcks off in the summer, then slag away.

Until then, keep schtum or be positive. Promotion this season is a real possibility.

Are you really telling a discussion forum to say nice things or nothing at all ?

How old are you ? 8 ?

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

Are you really telling a discussion forum to say nice things or nothing at all ?

How old are you ? 8 ?

Lol,

The guy isn't even playing right now and we won our last two games. There is no need for this thread at all! Like ziltch.

It's even crazier to do it in the January transfer window.

Even if you think I'm wrong....

Why risk it?

• Haha 1

Just now, Manchester_Owl said:

Lol,

The guy isn't even playing right now and we won our last two games. There is no need for this thread at all! Like ziltch.

It's even crazier to do it in the January transfer window.

Even if you think I'm wrong....

Why risk it?

Risk what  ?

People are quite rightly calling time on him after 3 years of delivering nothing for shed loads of money.

On a forum that 90% of Owls don't even read. 

What exactly are we risking ?

7 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Risk what  ?

People are quite rightly calling time on him after 3 years of delivering nothing for shed loads of money.

On a forum that 90% of Owls don't even read. 

What exactly are we risking ?

This is where I actually disagree. He was the top scorer for 2 seasons.

Both those seasons we ended up in the playoffs. He has value!

We currently take a playoff spot and our main striker will be out for the rest of the season.

We know he can score goals.

If he doesn't perform in training he won't get the chance on the pitch. If he doesn't perform on the pitch he won't get a decent contract with us or elsewhere.

It's bonkers to be so self disruptive.

AND WE WON OUR LAST 2 GAMES FFS.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

This is where I actually disagree. He was the top scorer for 2 seasons.

Both those seasons we ended up in the playoffs. He has value!

We currently take a playoff spot and our main striker will be out for the rest of the season.

We know he can score goals.

If he doesn't perform in training he won't get the chance on the pitch. If he doesn't perform on the pitch he won't get a decent contract with us or elsewhere.

It's bonkers to be so self disruptive.

AND WE WON OUR LAST 2 GAMES FFS.

What are we risking by having opinions about him different to yours Owlstalk ?

You still haven't revealed  ?

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

What are we risking by having opinions about him different to yours Owlstalk ?

You still haven't revealed  ?

I don't know, P1ssing him off?

Doesn't read OT though, does he.

No one does, do they?

It isn't like one of the leading social media/defamation cases doesn't involve OT does it?

So I'm completely wrong.

I'm sorry.

My bad.

20 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Sorry to gate crash the 'Hate FF' love in, but let's not lose sight of what he is capable of. 

I fully understand plenty on here never forgave him for the Norwich thing, but whenever he has played he has shown at least as much, if not more commitment than any of the other players on the pitch. So I don't think commitment is an issue.

He has had his share of injuries granted, but so have plenty of others (who are still favourites on here).

He has been massively unfairly treated & been a victim of Political correctness gone mad. Found not guilty in a court of law of an accusation from someone who committed GBH on him & then used the default get out of jail card of 'Racism' against him resulting in him missing 9 games.

He has been the victim of at least 3 of the worst refereeing decisions in living memory, again costing him (and us) numerous games.

How he has kept even remotely focused is a miracle. 

I do not understand the obsession with getting rid of player's who could clearly prove extremely useful at some point. As recently as 2 weeks ago the same was being said about Morgan Fox (maybe THE most consistent player), even described as a "winger Killer" by someone!!!! 

Someone as unpredictable & gifted as FF could clearly be involved & is capable of changing games.

Some will say "No smoke without fire". but I have witnessed first hand ALL of the incidents referred to and very few were of his making.

Can't see the point of the vitriol against him & from a pragmatic point of view can still see what he can offer, just don't understand why others can't! 

I agree with what your saying here, I think he has been unfairly treated at times by the ref, FA etc but from what I have been told he doesn't want to be here

if that is the case GM will have his work cut out to turn it around

Regarding "Nando" though...

Meh. 

Just a big load of meh. 

Bloke has barely contributed anything of note (bar a few moments here and there) over the last two and a half seasons. Not all down to him, there have been injuries and suspensions etc.,but we are not in a position as a football club where we can be paying huge sums of money to luxury items that rock up every once in a while. 

We have proven over the last several months that we are capable of competing in the upper echelons of the table without him. 

If he gets fit, comes back and is firing, then great, as we all know what a good player he is. 

But, I really wouldn't hold your breath on that. 

Edited by SiJ