Step up FF

20 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

You could argue that said player is detrimental to said squad if our vice captain is to be believed.

You could argue yeah we all have opinions right or wrong. What you referring to exactly I can’t remember the words ...

• Like 1

Sorry to gate crash the 'Hate FF' love in, but let's not lose sight of what he is capable of. 

I fully understand plenty on here never forgave him for the Norwich thing, but whenever he has played he has shown at least as much, if not more commitment than any of the other players on the pitch. So I don't think commitment is an issue.

He has had his share of injuries granted, but so have plenty of others (who are still favourites on here).

He has been massively unfairly treated & been a victim of Political correctness gone mad. Found not guilty in a court of law of an accusation from someone who committed GBH on him & then used the default get out of jail card of 'Racism' against him resulting in him missing 9 games.

He has been the victim of at least 3 of the worst refereeing decisions in living memory, again costing him (and us) numerous games.

How he has kept even remotely focused is a miracle. 

I do not understand the obsession with getting rid of player's who could clearly prove extremely useful at some point. As recently as 2 weeks ago the same was being said about Morgan Fox (maybe THE most consistent player), even described as a "winger Killer" by someone!!!! 

Someone as unpredictable & gifted as FF could clearly be involved & is capable of changing games.

Some will say "No smoke without fire". but I have witnessed first hand ALL of the incidents referred to and very few were of his making.

Can't see the point of the vitriol against him & from a pragmatic point of view can still see what he can offer, just don't understand why others can't! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Anybody who thinks he’s going to come good again is living on another planet .....

I seem to recall you saying the same thing about Westwood, Hutchinson, Lee etc. last season. I can only suggest that you must like egg on your face.

Thing is, I can’t see anybody coming in for him this January anyway. So where stuck with him until the summer atleast. Surly it’s best for both parties for him to start singing to monks tune. And start putting some effort in.

24 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

yep...I’ve openly and strongly defended him and backed him but even my patience has ran to think with him. 

if a player who as been injured for months and then banned for 6 games, isn’t up to proving his worth then he doesn’t want to play. He just trains and does the owls foundation draw these days for £30k a week.....times time c0ck!! 

This.

If we are to dig ourselves out of this financial hole, the Chairman has to stop paying these people huge money for nothing.

I couldn’t care less if we never see him in a Wednesday shirt again.

The one big plus from his lack of effort in training and frequent injuries is that we’ve finally learned to play and win without him.

When you have a 30 year old being pulled up by a team mate in the press for not trying hard enough in training you know it’s time to move on.

4 minutes ago, woodys said:

His quality simply has added to the squad  whether we disagree on to what quantity 

If he's not available whether by fitness, disciplinary or attitude reasons he's adding nothing to the squad.  It could be argued that while we're paying his high wages to sit in the stand we can't afford to bring in other players that might add to the squad.

• Like 1

There isn’t a player at the club who someone on here hasn’t said ‘get rid’ at some point, not least the 2 goal scorers yesterday. Monk has proved how he can get the best out of players and rotate a squad for a particular game. If he can get Nuhiu to steal a yard in the box and clip one in first time with his left foot and Rhodes can get a first half hat-trick then he can lift arguably our most skilful player when we need him in the run in. 

• Like 1

It just goes round & round on here with who is the latest "I'd drive him there myself" target.

Granted FF has always been a target, but if the cognoscenti on here had laughingly been listened to, neither Kieron Lee, Morgan Fox or Jacob Murphy would have featured yesterday, ALL of them being on the radar of the "I'd drive him there myself" merchants.

Fletch (who has had more than his fair share of injuries) is going to be out injured for 10 weeks.

Better get the car started guys. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

It just goes round & round on here with who is the latest "I'd drive him there myself" target.

Granted FF has always been a target, but if the cognoscenti on here had laughingly been listened to, neither Kieron Lee, Morgan Fox or Jacob Murphy would have featured yesterday, ALL of them being on the radar of the "I'd drive him there myself" merchants.

Fletch (who has had more than his fair share of injuries) is going to be out injured for 10 weeks.

Better get the car started guys. 

Not to mention, Reach, Nuhiu, & even last week Bannan.

I suppose though when you think about it, Lee, Fox, Murphy, Reach, Nuhui & Bannan didn't really have much effect on the game yesterday did they.  :laugh:

Oh, Joey as well forgetting him. He didn't even qualify to be "driven" byt the abuser's, he "shouldn't have ever worn the shirt again".

I assume that's worse than being "driven there" is it?

• Haha 1

Guest Ferkorf
23 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Can't see the point of the vitriol against him & from a pragmatic point of view can still see what he can offer, just don't understand why others can't! 

I can see the point, Im sure you can too.

Some of our fans just love being miserable.

If they have nothing to hate or moan about that involves our club or players they can't function.

It was absolutely mind blowing the other day when they all turned on Bannan.

Don't play Bannan we lose because he messes up the midfield.

Hes our best player.

Maybe or Arguably best player last decade.

But still 3 losses on the bounce and the crazies are out frothing at the mouth.

Fernandos an absolute quality player.

Bad attitude? Yet....

Came off bench and helped turn the tide of the games at Hillsborough against swansea and Birmingham. Also recall charlton away we ended up winning when he came of bench.

Not done anything for years though

20 minutes ago, mogbad said:

If he's not available whether by fitness, disciplinary or attitude reasons he's adding nothing to the squad.  It could be argued that while we're paying his high wages to sit in the stand we can't afford to bring in other players that might add to the squad.

You can say that about anyone injured or suspended it’s just part and parcel of the game. Our match day squad is stronger with him in it than not 

Guest Ferkorf

Wasn't that long ago people were calling fletcher over the hill, too old, not a goal scorer...

Yet ahem... 

This years Star Player is....