Step up FF

4 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

The one big plus from his lack of effort in training and frequent injuries is that we’ve finally learned to play and win without him.

We found that ages ago.

In his last 18 starts we’ve won 3.

Ipswich - nil nil when he went off

Charlton - one one when he went off

Brentford - won 2 -0

We are a better TEAM without him. That said, it’s because we persist with him as a striker where he’s hopeless. I’d still love to see him as a winger or wide forward. 

Guest Ferkorf
2 hours ago, 83owl said:

Charlton away FF started. We scored our goals to win the game after he got subbed off.

Yes fair play I did get that one wrong but still a game changer especially in that swansea game

A real pity as FF was unbelievable player and so loved by the fans. No idea whats happened to him, but hes not missed. I was one of his greatest fans, but nothing in 3 years now. So sad.

If he has anything about him, hell be working his nuts off and trying to restore his reputation. Its his only chance as he wont get any sort of offer like hes on here.

The balls in your court fernando........wed love you to come back and impress us again

Here we go again......

He's still the best forward at this club.

He will score goals from open play, free kicks and penalties. He will defend from the front and he will be an outlay when we are under it and need someone to bring the ball out and dribble 30+ yards.

We will need Nando to be bang in form for the end run. The end run will determine whether we get promoted or not. We don't have any other players who can score consistently. Fletcher is pretty much out for the season.

He will be rotated with Harris/Murphy/Reach, Nuhiu/Winnal/Rhodes.

Nando himself will need to be in form and he will need to get us promoted, (taking into account our current league standing). For the very reason of getting a contract with us or another club. (On a side note he may be more protected in the Prem by the use of VAR, but that's another issue for another day).

What is not useful is this current obsession with bashing our most talented player. He's under contract until the end of the season andI doubt anyone is signing him now.

So rather than bash what could turn out to be a very useful asset; why don't you lot try and back him or just keep schtum.

Even if we wanted to sell him this January, it's the type of chat seen on this thread that reduces his value, so economically it makes no sense!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

Even if we wanted to sell him this January, it's the type of chat seen on this thread that reduces his value, so economically it makes no sense!

Chairman: We've lined up a deal to sign Forestieri from Sheffield Wednesday. What do you think?

Manager: Have you seen what they're saying about him on Owlstalk!? I'd knock a few hundred thousand off your offer, if I were you.

Chairman: Right you are. Can't believe we almost overpaid for a player who some blokes on Owlstalk don't rate.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Who are you dropping?

And/Or are you changing the system to shoehorn him in?

If it’s 451/433 I’m using him in an advanced midfield role how Kieron Lee is used, obviously he’s had two very good games so won’t be out of the side at the moment but with his injuries he will need to come out and Forestieri will come in.

In a 442 he’s playing up front with Wickham !!! Or if he doesn’t sign whoever else until Fletcher is fit.

23 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Chairman: We've lined up a deal to sign Forestieri from Sheffield Wednesday. What do you think?

Manager: Have you seen what they're saying about him on Owlstalk!? I'd knock a few hundred thousand off your offer, if I were you.

Chairman: Right you are. Can't believe we almost overpaid for a player who some blokes on Owlstalk don't rate.

:duntmatter:

Firstly.... This is what I actually said...... 

"it's the type of chat seen on this thread that reduces his value, so economically it makes no sense!"

Secondly, please mistake me if I'm wrong in thinking that posters on this very site have been sued, (rightly or wrongly), for the content of their post before?

I actually don't want to finish my point, for various reasons, which would see me win the argument.

So on this very issue I will bow out. 

But think about. Really think about it.

Any player in the last months of their contract has to perform.

The rest of his career depends on it. 

So I expect Forestieri to put a shift in to try and impress. 

But he may struggle getting in the side.

Edited by Beholder

33 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

I actually don't want to finish my point, for various reasons, which would see me win the argument.

Crikey Manners, you can't just leave that one hanging there!

If there's a winning blow in the armoury bring out the hammer and crack the old nut wide open, before marching away in triumph!

45 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

Firstly.... This is what I actually said...... 

"it's the type of chat seen on this thread that reduces his value, so economically it makes no sense!"

Secondly, please mistake me if I'm wrong in thinking that posters on this very site have been sued, (rightly or wrongly), for the content of their post before?

So on this very issue I will bow out. 

But think about. Really think about it.

I know that's what you said; it's also what I quoted in my post.

As for the rest of your post, despite thinking about it - nay, really thinking about it - I don't have a clue what you're on about, though it's probably worth pointing out that we're not really having an argument - I was just taking the p*ss out of the notion that anything written on Owlstalk would affect Forestieri's value.

19 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Yes. but just in case.

He's worth £20m and not a penny less

No no no.

He's worth 50 million and never goes missing around public holidays. He also trains like a machine.

How many times do we have to say it before we get the money ?

garymegson

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I know that's what you said; it's also what I quoted in my post.

As for the rest of your post, despite thinking about it - nay, really thinking about it - I don't have a clue what you're on about, though it's probably worth pointing out that we're not really having an argument - I was just taking the p*ss out of the notion that anything written on Owlstalk would affect Forestieri's value.

No. You insinuated that I specifically said anything mentioned on OT would have an affect on his value.

I never said that.

I said.... It's "this type of chat", which could devalue him, if we are wanting to get rid.

However, it's more concerning that you really believe people don't check on social media. Everything has an effect on everything!

If you are considering signing a player and you know the fanbase is getting on his back. By viewing let's say..... a 10 page thread, slagging him off. (In this day and age it's perfectly reasonable to gauge this by social media). 

Then yes, the notion that anything written on OT can have an affect on his value is very real. 

To what extent, who knows, could be 10p, could be 10k, but don't be so naive to think fans views aren't considered as a factor in valuation.

Edited by Manchester_Owl
  • Haha 2