Connor Wickham Signs - OFFICIAL

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Yes it’s a good option, the problem with our speedsters, is that they aren’t very smart. Forestieri might not have their speed, but he has speed of thought He is also a much better finisher (aside from Charlton away)

true, but if ff ain't on the scene 'cos he ain't yet arrived his better finish is of no use, have a pop at teaching the speedster to finish.

Hearing that Forrest are now in for him, it was only a matter of time before someone else was linked could he agent talk could be gonads could be both even they we was ever interested 

but I’d be disappointed if the reports are true that we was in for him and lost out trying to get too good of a deal. 

wickham would be immense for us and if it comes down to 25k a week in wages palace want us to pay ( rumours )  in our current situation with strikers I’d be disappointed we lost out. I’d also go as far as agreeing to one of Nixon’s tweets someone posted earlier when he said 

I don’t know who were going to get better for less 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Hearing that Forrest are now in for him, it was only a matter of time before someone else was linked could he agent talk could be gonads could be both even they we was ever interested 

but I’d be disappointed if the reports are true that we was in for him and lost out trying to get too good of a deal. 

wickham would be immense for us and if it comes down to 25k a week in wages palace want us to pay ( rumours )  in our current situation with strikers I’d be disappointed we lost out. I’d also go as far as agreeing to one of Nixon’s tweets someone posted earlier when he said 

I don’t know who were going to get better for less 

Rumoured interest online via newsnow from Bordeaux for Wickham. Apparently they got a striker who played alongside him at Sunderland and a former Championship manager too. Hopefully interest from other clubs is just agent talk to speed things up or something. Agree it would be disappointing to miss out on Wickham, as to me he seems the most suitable replacement for Fletcher.

27 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Rumoured interest online via newsnow from Bordeaux for Wickham. Apparently they got a striker who played alongside him at Sunderland and a former Championship manager too. Hopefully interest from other clubs is just agent talk to speed things up or something. Agree it would be disappointing to miss out on Wickham, as to me he seems the most suitable replacement for Fletcher.

was it Josh Maja? Didn’t realise they were together at Sunderland at same time. 

29 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Out of everyone we’ve been linked with he’s my favourite standout to play not only the fist her role but in a front two

I would be happy if he was our only business I’d actually prefer this than monk getting 3 if they are only going to become squad fillers that it ok but not make too much a difference 

a run of games in our team and wickham would be on fire an easy 10 goals before end of the season 

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Out of everyone we’ve been linked with he’s my favourite standout to play not only the fist her role but in a front two

I would be happy if he was our only business I’d actually prefer this than monk getting 3 if they are only going to become squad fillers that it ok but not make too much a difference 

a run of games in our team and wickham would be on fire an easy 10 goals before end of the season 

The what role?  garymegson

7 hours ago, ozzieowl said:

She’s a Wednesday fan but not a Sheffield lass. 

Quite attractive - clearly gets that from her Mum not Dad. 

Saying that Dad is not giving owt away on Twitter

8 hours ago, wilyfox said:

The what role?  garymegson

It’s a leading role in a team where the person has to make all the running and tire the opponent out with its physical strength weakening and loosening the opposition to make it easier to score they spend most of the game battering away. The next striker comes on and then finds it easier to score 

Winnall did a fine job of this against Leeds  he unselfishly spent the game fisting them only for big attey to come on and reap the awards from the tiring holes left in Leeds defence 

it’s a thing of beauty you can find many examples of this on red tube 

Edited by fpowl
  • Haha 1

Guest wilyfox
13 minutes ago, fpowl said:

It’s a leading role in a team where the person has to make all the running and tire the opponent out with its physical strength weakening and loosening the opposition to make it easier to score they spend most of the game battering away. The next striker comes on and then finds it easier to score 

Winnall did a fine job of this against Leeds  he unselfishly spent the game fisting them only for big attey to come on and reap the awards from the tiring holes left in Leeds defence 

And here's me thinking it was a typo :tango:

38 minutes ago, fpowl said:

You can find many examples on Hamster as well  :ohmy: