Connor Wickham Signs - OFFICIAL

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
1 hour ago, Bottler Owl said:

I think the problem with shipping Rhodes out isn't necessarily that DC wants too much per se but unless you get a certain amount for him (particularly on any purchase) he actually ends up damaging the accounts due to apportionment based on how much his value has plummeted.

Doesn’t that just show how unfit for purpose the rules are? The “idea” is to prevent clubs spending beyond their means, yet the rules actually lead clubs to hold on to wasteful, unproductive assets. (Sorry Jordan, I’m speaking hypothetically here :ph34r:).

1 minute ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Doesn’t that just show how unfit for purpose the rules are? The “idea” is to prevent clubs spending beyond their means, yet the rules actually lead clubs to hold on to wasteful, unproductive assets. (Sorry Jordan, I’m speaking hypothetically here :ph34r:).

No arguments here!

37 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Yeah need a whole new look at how football is run, everything seems to be about how much money you can make as quickly as possible instead of looking after the players career. 

Football needs to look at 

FFP

Agents 

Loan market

Young players development

I'm sure others can add to the list

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

He wouldn’t start for them, they play one up front, and like Nketiah, he doesn’t work hard enough

that's where they're faulting, they're making their chances 'cos of the numbers they have in m/f, then they have to play someone up top who can hold the ball up, BUT he's short on goals for himself.

so you decide to go 2 up top, and you've lost that numbers superiority you had in m/f and aren't making the chances anymore.

1 minute ago, dorian gray said:

that's where they're faulting, they're making their chances 'cos of the numbers they have in m/f, then they have to play someone up top who can hold the ball up, BUT he's short on goals for himself.

so you decide to go 2 up top, and you've lost that numbers superiority you had in m/f and aren't making the chances anymore.

Us also All our midfielders are better in a three We either just use one winger, and two strikers, or go with just the one striker. My option would be to play a striker as one of the wide players Obviously none of those we have available now, probably only Forestieri could play that role, or bring one in

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Us also All our midfielders are better in a three We either just use one winger, and two strikers, or go with just the one striker. My option would be to play a striker as one of the wide players Obviously none of those we have available now, probably only Forestieri could play that role, or bring one in

forwards have to be able to move laterally to pull defenders, for me the second forward off fletcher or wickham has to have more speed over 15/30 yards than ff, but i'll stand being wrong if I am.

there's absolutely nothing wrong with throwing a speedy wideman into the middle to feed off the c/f.

speed scares defenders to death, especially slower moving c/b's with next to **** all behind them, but they hope that when the c/b drops him like dawson at 'ull dropped ff then the incompetent arsehole of a referee makes the correct decision.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dorian gray said:

forwards have to be able to move laterally to pull defenders, for me the second forward off fletcher or wickham has to have more speed over 15/30 yards than ff, but i'll stand being wrong if I am.

there's absolutely nothing wrong with throwing a speedy wideman into the middle to feed off the c/f.

speed scares defenders to death, especially slower moving c/b's with next to **** all behind them, but they hope that when the c/b drops him like dawson at 'ull dropped ff then the incompetent arsehole of a referee makes the correct decision.

Yes it’s a good option, the problem with our speedsters, is that they aren’t very smart. Forestieri might not have their speed, but he has speed of thought He is also a much better finisher (aside from Charlton away)

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

Someone's just posted this on twitter.....

Just seen Connor wickham in meadowhall. Asked him when he was signing but he was giving nothing away #Swfc #cpfc

If he was up here on transfer business, I’m sure he wouldn’t be mooching around Meadowhall

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If he was up here on transfer business, I’m sure he wouldn’t be mooching around Meadowhall

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Why not? As part of the loan deal is he not allowed to go shopping?

Hope neither of you two work for the stir, can see the headline now 'SWFC ban players from shopping in Meadowhall'

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Someone's just posted this on twitter.....

Just seen Connor wickham in meadowhall. Asked him when he was signing but he was giving nothing away #Swfc #cpfc

Twatter them back...pics or it didn't happen.