Fox could miss 3 games

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That’s the beauty of having a few good options at the back. We have 7 or 8 good players, some of whom are adaptable, from which to choose a back four Get that type of competition all over the park, and we can take these type of setbacks in our stride

We’ve got it everywhere but striker.

With Fletcher out we look a pale imitation.

Just now, Holmowl said:

We’ve got it everywhere but striker.

With Fletcher out we look a pale imitation.

Good news, but I’d be tempted to let him sit out the Stoke game. I quite fancy unleashing Iorfa down the right against their depleted left side

44 minutes ago, Sonny said:

What does the enhanced care pathway entail and why don’t we bang him on that?

Guess it’s some intense programme of observation that’s time prohibitive to the player or something?

I could just google this really.

Been a big problem in rugby and think it's a 23 day protocol before you should return, although think that's club/junior rugby. Probably can be less in professional clubs where there is closer medical supervision.

https://www.englandrugby.com/participation/playing/headcase/general-information

https://playerwelfare.worldrugby.org/concussion

2 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

A bit concerning he got whacked on the head so hard you've got blurred vision but apparently its not a concussion....

I think he got whacked or poked in the eye. There's a replay on the full broadcast footage. Difficult to make out what actually happened but he definitely didn't go down clutching his head. 

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

What does the enhanced care pathway entail and why don’t we bang him on that?

Guess it’s some intense programme of observation that’s time prohibitive to the player or something?

I could just google this really.

From memory....

Player must have a baseline SCAT 5 (Sport concussion recognition tool)

Be under the care and be evaluated by a Dr with specific training and experience in concussion

Have access to and evaluation where appropriate from neuroscientist and neuropsychology

Be completely free of symptoms during rest and when on graduated return to play programme

Probably some other bits...

We do not take concussion seriously enough in football - clubs flout the guidelines all the time

It has the potential to engulf football in years to come

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, scram said:

From memory....

Be under the care and be evaluated by a Dr with specific training and experience in concussion

Have access to and evaluation where appropriate from neuroscientist and neuropsychology

Be completely free of symptoms during rest and when on graduated return to play programme

We do not take concussion seriously enough in football - clubs flout the guidelines all the time

I don’t buy all this. He got a bang in the head. We’ve survived hundreds of years with bangs on the head. Unless he’s pregnant, shall we just crack on and play football. 

5 minutes ago, scram said:

From memory....

I have recently been informed that my hearing loss is neurological and is probably linked to head bangs more than 40 years ago. If all players wore a headguard protecting eye sockets, temples and the back of the head brain bleeds would be significantly reduced. Yet in an age when image rights are so important aesthetic issues appear to reign supreme for players and agents.  

17 minutes ago, scram said:

From memory....

Thanks for that. Sounds necessary but also quite a lot of faff when the alternative is just letting him have a good rest (with whatever monitoring etc that requires too).

4 hours ago, vulva said:

I don’t buy all this. He got a bang in the head. We’ve survived hundreds of years with bangs on the head. Unless he’s pregnant, shall we just crack on and play football. 

another recent case of Alex Damson, totally wrecked her life, from something pretty innocuous https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/hockey/47442343