Fox could miss 3 games

I don't like Palmer at left back at all.  

It's obvious he is going cut inside, lay off a simple pass to someone who has probably been closed down as play has slowed.  Oppositions defence has all settled back in and it's harder to cross to anyone and when you do, they're marked.  

Not Palmers fault, just a righty on the left problem.  

Iorfa did more than enough to show he's the best option. Nothing against Odubajo, I'm sure he will turn out to be a fine player for us but at the moment the luck isn't with him and I'm waiting for disaster every time the ball goes near him. I thought he was doing OK his last game....until he wasn't.

Iorfa might not be a great RB but if he gets out of position you know he can rescue the situation with his speed.

15 minutes ago, lawsom34 said:

Kept us in the cup with his concussed performance, realistically should have been taken off.

My favourite Wednesday keeper ever.

A reyt scrubber of a keeper who would dive at the feet of anybody. Didn't give a foook about getting clattered.

27 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

It's obvious he is going cut inside, lay off a simple pass to someone who has probably been closed down as play has slowed.  Oppositions defence has all settled back in and it's harder to cross to anyone and when you do, they're marked.  

Not really any other good option.

Moses at LB? 

Borner at LB? He’s left-footed but has too little pace and has never played the position in his entire career.

Reach is playing well at RW, and Murphy wasn’t playing well enough to replace him.

Think it really does have to be Palmer.

11 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Think in 10-15 years heading will be phased out and treated like a handball so can still ping the ball around and play through balls but it'll be Arsenal style crosses and play around the box only.

I will weep the day.

A full length diving header nestling in the onion bag is one of the greatest sights in football.

In fact this might be one of my favourite ever World Cup goals.

34 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

I get where you are coming from but for the best part of 2019 Palmer has played better at left-back than he has at right-back and our results have been decent with him at LB too.

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I get where you are coming from but for the best part of 2019 Palmer has played better at left-back than he has at right-back and our results have been decent with him at LB too.

W6. D1. L2 (Lost Millwall and Hull)

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Just read up on the damage that concussions can do to you, especially if you get another one so quick after, and you'll come to release that these so called hard men like Lyons were nothing more than careless nutters.

Mick Lyons wasnt a 'so called' hardman, he was a proper one. 

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

I like both Lees and Borner. 

Have no doubt that Iorfa  Lees   Borner  Palmer would work as a unit. 

However; I don't think that Iorfas recovery pace at can be overstated. 

What would you want Monk to plump for?

59 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

Not actually true at all, he made plenty of decent left footed crosses when playing at left back, including a first time volleyed left foot cross that was into a really decent area (memorable as didn't expect it from him).

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Owls boss Garry Monk has confirmed that Morgan Fox was withdrawn from the game with Brisrol City with suspected concussio

According to FA guidlines , any player with concussion must rest for 14 days unl3ss they are in an 'enhanced care setting'

302306873_2019-12-2316_19_38.png.1ef8ba5aa5de94000bdc626c3bb2044b.png

This could see Fox miss the Boxing Day  Stoke City match  as well as the Cardiff game and the New Year’s Day meeting with Hull City as the fixtures come thick and fast

This would be something of a blow to Monk who has been impressed with Fox and the natural balance he has brought to the left side of the team and who has figured prominently in Wednesday recent 6 match undefeated run. 

hele be reyt, borner took worse, his head must be made of granite.