Fox could miss 3 games

9 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I just can’t see Monk starting Odubajo.

He has had plenty of chances and not come good yet. 

Stoke are also missing all their left sided players, so it might be the perfect time to use Iorfa as an attacking right back

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Not really any other good option.

Think it really does have to be Palmer.

No, I agree completely, just a huge shame we don't have any other LB.  Wonder if we'll have enough room to sign anyone next month...

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I get where you are coming from but for the best part of 2019 Palmer has played better at left-back than he has at right-back and our results have been decent with him at LB too.

Defensively, sure, he's great.  But going forward it's frustrating.  The balance is (obviously) just perfect with Fox.  

1 hour ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

Not actually true at all, he made plenty of decent left footed crosses when playing at left back, including a first time volleyed left foot cross that was into a really decent area (memorable as didn't expect it from him).

Well, it is true, isn't it?!  How many decent Palmer left foot crosses vs. Fox's?  It's night and day.  I'm not knocking Palmer, he's brilliant, I'd be saying exactly about Fox if he was on the right.  

Palmer naturally doesn't think about crossing with his left, no matter how much he may have been coached since he's played there.  So he cuts back and we all know how frustrating that is when we're on the attack.  

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

Do we actually know what happened in the penalty area for him to get the blow to the head - stray arm or just a clash of heads 

It was Iorfa.  

Fox was behind him and caught DA's right (?) arm across his right cheek.  Initially, after seeing the replay, I thought it looked like he had been scratched in the eye by his hand and it was an eye problem, but his face was a swollen so I imagine it was a pretty hard impact.  Also, someone said in another thread that he was admitted to the NG Hospital with a very swollen face.

7 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Need to be careful with concussions, so two weeks out is a sensible precaution. Plus he can carry on doing fitness work, will having a rest from matches and be ready to go again in January.

Unless he's on the enhanced care pathway then it's 2 weeks complete rest - no training/exercise of any type at all

Followed by a 6 day graduated return to play programme - so 21 days before returning to play - minimum

If the guidelines are being followed of course...

Edited by scram
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

It was Iorfa.  

Fox was behind him and caught DA's right (?) arm across his right cheek.  Initially, after seeing the replay, I thought it looked like he had been scratched in the eye by his hand and it was an eye problem, but his face was a swollen so I imagine it was a pretty hard impact.  Also, someone said in another thread that he was admitted to the NG Hospital with a very swollen face.

Cheers - not seen it on any of the highlights. I guessed it wasn't controversial given the lack of comment on any incident 

Been fantastic recently, but will he get back in the side?

Borner has been brilliant this season, got suspended couldn't get back in side.

Hutchinson suspended, Luongo deserves to keep his place after last two games

Suppose it's a good problem to have!

4 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Been fantastic recently, but will he get back in the side?

Borner has been brilliant this season, got suspended couldn't get back in side.

Hutchinson suspended, Luongo deserves to keep his place after last two games

Suppose it's a good problem to have!

And that’s the way it should be Keeps players on their toes

7 hours ago, scram said:

Unless he's on the enhanced care pathway then it's 2 weeks complete rest - no training/exercise of any type at all

Followed by a 6 day graduated return to play programme - so 21 days before returning to play - minimum

If the guidelines are being followed of course...

What does the enhanced care pathway entail and why don’t we bang him on that?

Guess it’s some intense programme of observation that’s time prohibitive to the player or something?

I could just google this really.

That’s the beauty of having a few good options at the back. We have 7 or 8 good players, some of whom are adaptable, from which to choose a back four Get that type of competition all over the park, and we can take these type of setbacks in our stride