Wednesday - V - Bristol City OMDT

Guest Ferkorf
44 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Bristol City - good badge

I thought that when I noticed it the other week. Makes me miss our normal owl badge from a few years ago.

Guest Ferkorf

Another chance to climb the table bottled?

Or  a decent romp of a win to send us home for christmas happy and proud in third position 

Definitely be a tough game but I'm going 2-0 Wednesday Fletch and Rhodes

Another blinder of an OMDT, plus I've finally been able to read it with my morning coffee. Just like I like it.

Gut feeling today is a nervy win, heart says owls eat robins for breakfast and a nice Sunday roast that would be to defeat yet another top team and take 3rd spot going into Christmas.

But... it is also The Wednesday, anything can happen! :duntmatter:

UTO!!

• Like 1

Classic seasonal omdt mi Lord. You even made the BCFC badge topical (!) although I can think of better plump breasted birds..........

Noticed the bizarre time of posting too. Those lock-ins at the Miner's Helmet won't do you any good. 

So, the shortest day / longest night. Let's hope their squad were disturbed by a proper roister in the city last night.

Hopefully the west country elf gets his tactics wrong today after helping with St Nicks sack.

Can't remember the last Sunday at noon ko. Chelsea away in the 1st leg of the 91 semi? 

On that note, 2-0 to us.

Dare we say the dreaded word, win & we go third........aaaaaaagh, too late.

UTO

• Like 2

Quality, made me laugh with my morning coffee. Particularly enjoyed 'the Dibble', not heard that for ages and going to unashamedly nick it and give it an airing in the pub today.

Come on Wednesday, up to 3rd for Christmas would be lovely.

Storming game, Bristol City are a decent side, 3-2 Wednesday to keep the positivity going as I order my half season ticket! Reach, Rhodes, Fletcher.

Edited by Hotten Owl

Nice OMDT Snoots...loving the idea of New Age travellers dancing around “petrified” mattresses...it’s all a bit Matlock Bath! I dread to think what the pub sign for the Miner’s Helmet looks like...shocking image.:wacko: Can the Wednesday do it again today? We need another 90 minutes of mayhem from the much maligned ( I include myself in that) Jordan Rhodes. 
Come on you blue and white sorcerers apprentices!!!! Let’s eat these robins for breakfast....or lunch given the kick off time
Merry Christmas fellow Owls !

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
59 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

Cracking OMDT milord, and a happy solstice day to all. Things can only get sunnier and sunnier till the end of the season. 

14 - 0 to THE MIGHTY OWLS 

All players to score

COME ON YOU BLUE AND WHITE WIZARDS !!! 

What an absolutely ridiculous post...

As if Palmer is gonna score.

2 hours ago, Tarquin said:

Na then Snoots, going all pagan festival at this time of the year is all well and good but at this one there is a lot of dancing round fires naked. Far be it from me to suggest you may be "diving into the unknown" but if her ladyship has been on the sauce she might get carried away and join the happy travellers for a small wassail and arrive back at the hall expecting you to "Let the new year in a bit early". 

Forewarned is forearmed ;-)

1151655849_wintersolstice.jpg.8de68622226bc71e6186aeab3836a39e.jpg

• Haha 1

REF WATCH

Tony Harrington. 

Not good, in 9 games under him we've won 3 and lost 6 including a 4-0 thumping at Bristol City. Last time was at WBA a few weeks ago when he gave one of the worst fouls against us I've ever seen when their player shoved Harris with both arms for about 20 yards and was then awarded the free kick, but on the other hand it was so bad that it was actually hilarious. He also gave the matchwinning (losing) penalty at Preston after an inch perfect Lees tackle took the ball.

I'd rather be reffed by his brother Kit - you know nothing Tony Harrington. But he didn't want to be a referee, he wanted to be a lumberjack. He puts on women's clothing, and hangs around in bars.

referee-tony-harrington-during-the-carab

I give him 7 on the GeorgeCourtneyometer, I've taken one off seeing as it's Christmas and that WBA foul still makes me chuckle.

gc6.thumb.jpg.a92ca7325f1a83e061aa6ed4bd735593.jpg

Yes there are only 6 Courtneys there but I'm still in bed and can't be arsed to edit the image...

Edited by alanharper
  • Haha 2

Interesting thread Milord. Thought provoking for a Sunday morning, I think.

As for the match, well, the whole season is proving hard to predict, so I won’t even bother, and of course there’s the usual chance for a golden chance to climb the table to go Bristol Cities up. I want to be able to tell the grandkids that I was there when we didn’t blow it.

We hammered the trees last time out. Let’s hope we can smash another festive favourite and put the Robins to the sword today.  Or something.

Up the Owls.

One year ago today I took this photo before the game at Preston, glad the man was back.

Hey i'm happy whoever is in the net today but let's not give him undue stick by saying he is feigning injury.

Maybe he's just not as open as Sam Hutchinson?   Who knows?  Certainly not me.

48397405_10155772645771746_8714752595094142976_o.jpg

3 minutes ago, Brissy-owl said:

3-1 today, fletcher, rhodes & reach 

The way to keep momentum is by having two strikers continuing to score - Assuming Fletcher and Rhodes start which I think they will, if they both score i'm confident we'll have three points.

• Like 1