Rhodes

Hopefully today buys him some slack from our own fans for a while and means a manager will give him some time in the team too. We all know what he's about. He's never been that pacy or had loads to his game apart from goals and good quality/football brain. 

He's a poacher. We want him in and around the 6 yard box with crosses coming in regularly. 

Always makes me laugh when someone is poo for 2 or 3 seasons then has one good game and everyone's suddenly wrong about him. Delighted he's done well today but successive managers haven't played him regularly since we bought him and when he has played he's contributed very little and hasn't deserved to be playing. He's  been fantastic today so let's hope this will get him back to where he was cos if he does, we've got a great chance of going up. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

Oink.

:laugh:

I just looked it up in my profile. I've negged 3 posts all day. Some all-out campaign of hatred that eh?

lol

It takes years to build up a reputation and seconds to destroy it...

Its an emotional day for most DJM..:biggrin:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, maltbyowl said:

Bet your all silent this afternoon 

Instead of rejoicing in a good win, a so called "owl" has a dig at the fanbase. 

Well done Rhodes. Well done Wednesday. 

For the record I've slated him before. I hope I end up eating my words.

But he'll need more than a hatrick against woeful (BBC reporters words) defending, to change 2 years of objective opinion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m not sure about this bashing our own supporters with regards to Rhodes ... I can criticise our own fans better than most ,  but in al seriousness I don’t think I’ve ever seen much grief towards him ? When he’s played there isn’t a player on the pitch the majority of fans wanna see score more than JR , even on here while there’s obviously the odd morons, on the whole there isn’t many that haven’t wanted to see what JR produced today 

I couldn’t be any more happy for the lad, absolutely buzzing tonight not just for the win and the team , but for Jordan Rhodes 

2 hours ago, Nut said:

Always makes me laugh when someone is poo for 2 or 3 seasons then has one good game and everyone's suddenly wrong about him. Delighted he's done well today but successive managers haven't played him regularly since we bought him and when he has played he's contributed very little and hasn't deserved to be playing. He's  been fantastic today so let's hope this will get him back to where he was cos if he does, we've got a great chance of going up. 

Spot on 

• Thanks 1