Rhodes

2 hours ago, DorsetOwl said:

A striker is re-born !! .... all those doubters and critics ... those that have given him all the flack in the past and even those most recent ... you need to reflect !! ... well done Jordan !! 

You are maybe right but to say he didn’t deserve the criticism for his past performances is a tad short sighted , he cost a lot of money and we expected more and I bet he did too , today he delivered and every fan is happy and relieved , let’s hope todays contribution continues .

So pleased to see Rhodes score a hattrick.

More like the Rhodes we saw when he put those 4 goals past us.  

Hopefully this is just the beginning.  Certainly looks more like his usual self.  Took each chance perfectly.  Dare I say it, but he looked prolific.  

Rhodes and Fletcher up top surely has to be the way forward.  

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

You are maybe right but to say he didn’t deserve the criticism for his past performances is a tad short sighted , he cost a lot of money and we expected more and I bet he did too , today he delivered and every fan is happy and relieved , let’s hope todays contribution continues .

Think it’s a bit of both.. in hindsight he’s obviously not been value for money despite today.

But it seems to me that it’s too early to write him off as people have been doing, he’s only 29. Main issue is that he has one way of playing, which is to get on the end of things in the box. He also can’t play on his own up front and needs to be off a target man. This means that for him to play well, you’re basically committed to playing a target man and wingers as well or he’s just anonymous. If you get the ball to him in the box he will score goals, it’s as simple as that. 

When he came here, Carlos had us playing sideways and backwards a lot, we had Wallace on one wing and Bannan on the other and both came inside. Plus he persevered playing him up front with FF.. can’t remember him playing with Fletcher much as once Fletcher was fit he seemed to replace him off the bench a lot. So the set up didn’t work for him, he doesn’t score, and offered little else either.

Then Jos came in and went with Nuhui and Joao and he barely played, then got offloaded to Norwich on loan. Think we wanted rid this summer too given financial constraints.

He’s been a poor signing for us. But now we play with wingers and Fletcher is consistent as the target man, the set up is made for him. We won’t score enough goals to go up unless someone other than Fletcher starts scoring so it’s good news that he’s hitting some form and getting a chance. Don’t get the people who can’t analyse this objectively and have just called him cr*p for the last 3 years

Would he have started today after Derby if we was still under Carlos , Jos or even Bruce ?? 

I’m inclined to say he wouldn’t, some credit goes to GM today , but it’s all about Jordan putting the performances in to earn a start aswell  

8 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Think it’s a bit of both.. in hindsight he’s obviously not been value for money despite today.

But it seems to me that it’s too early to write him off as people have been doing, he’s only 29. Main issue is that he has one way of playing, which is to get on the end of things in the box. He also can’t play on his own up front and needs to be off a target man. This means that for him to play well, you’re basically committed to playing a target man and wingers as well or he’s just anonymous. If you get the ball to him in the box he will score goals, it’s as simple as that. 

When he came here, Carlos had us playing sideways and backwards a lot, we had Wallace on one wing and Bannan on the other and both came inside. Plus he persevered playing him up front with FF.. can’t remember him playing with Fletcher much as once Fletcher was fit he seemed to replace him off the bench a lot. So the set up didn’t work for him, he doesn’t score, and offered little else either.

Then Jos came in and went with Nuhui and Joao and he barely played, then got offloaded to Norwich on loan. Think we wanted rid this summer too given financial constraints.

He’s been a poor signing for us. But now we play with wingers and Fletcher is consistent as the target man, the set up is made for him. We won’t score enough goals to go up unless someone other than Fletcher starts scoring so it’s good news that he’s hitting some form and getting a chance. Don’t get the people who can’t analyse this objectively and have just called him cr*p for the last 3 years

I feel the criticism was more through disappointment. It was clear he didn’t suit our style under Carlos so he was off to a bad start there . I thought his time with us was over but if we get the old Jordan Rhodes back it could get interesting. Credit Garry Monk too . 

Edited by dewsburyowl58

Guest Bulgaria

Been watching SWFC near on forty years  and I can't remember being as pleased to see someone bag a few goals as i have today.

A bit of pee came out when his 3rd went in.

10 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Been watching SWFC near on forty years  and I can't remember being as pleased to see someone bag a few goals as i have today.

A bit of pee came out when his 3rd went in.

Been waiting a fair while...but EVERY Wednesday fan has hoped "This would be the day" more or less EVERY time he has trotted on.

Credit Jordan for his persistence, but you have to credit Wednesday fans for their patience..Lets hope we have found an happy medium...

Absolutely over the moon for the lad tonight