Carlos

On 14/12/2019 at 12:57, Westfield Owl said:

As a club, I think we’re just starting to recover from the damage his spell here did.

If we are punished by the EFL with a substantial points deduction this season, which results in relegation, you could argue that we’re still yet to recover from the gambles taken and opportunities missed between 2015-2017.

Think you'll find the main cause of that is still running the club 

11 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Worst manager in our history.

Damaged the playing staff, and it's taken 2 years to recover.

More importantly, speaks total cockcheese and clankers.

Boyhood dream club number 27 on the horizon for him no doubt.

Bang on , the fact people still think he’s good is bewildering . Monk is doing better with an ageing squad and freebies that weren’t signed by him . Speaks volumes . The money wasted in his first two years was nothing short of ridiculous. It’s boils my wee wee to think where we could be if we had a decent manager at the helm back then .  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Bang on , the fact people still think he’s good is bewildering . Monk is doing better with an ageing squad and freebies that weren’t signed by him . Speaks volumes . The money wasted in his first two years was nothing short of ridiculous. It’s boils my wee wee to think where we could be if we had a decent manager at the helm back then .  

Both Monk and Bruce would have taken us up.

13 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Both Monk and Bruce would have taken us up.

Maybe but it's not cast in stone is it ...they couldn't get leeds,boro or villa  over the line when they had the chance and it cost them there jobs so they arnt infallible. 

19 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Wow

You're a glass half empty kinda guy aren't you?

Yep or a realist 

Still find it strange that folk think 6th is something to jizz over 

How can finishing half a dozen places higher than the season before with money previous managers could only dream of ,and still stuck in this same      5 hit league be called "awesome"

15 minutes ago, vulva said:

Can anyone who sang Carlos had a dream, enjoyed Wembley and loved us beating top teams after decades of tripe with players like Graham Barrett and Michael Reddy please make themselves known. 

TIA. 

I didnt enjoy Wembley and neither did anyone I was with ,we were garbage 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Worst manager in our history.

Damaged the playing staff, and it's taken 2 years to recover.

More importantly, speaks total cockcheese and clankers.

Boyhood dream club number 27 on the horizon for him no doubt.

couldn't agree more ,ive witnessed some horrific performances ,the 1 what sticks out was Bolton away were 5000 of us went we had a full strength squad playing against a team what lost 9 in a row and hadn't scored in 800 mins and had injures to several players. they not only beat us easily they could and should have had 5 goals that day. his tactics ,his signings ,his bringing back players weeks too early against medical advise ,and his joke of a pre seasons where the players didn't train hard enough and had hardly any match practice , he wasted 100 million on player contracts and transfer fees , signed Jordan Rhodes who would never fit into a carlos slow style of football (any manager what signs players sees how they would fit into the system they play) ive even spoken to Jordon himself about it (carlos tactics ) and he totally agreed and told me that having wingers now and getting the ball hit across the 6 yard byline a lot more would benefit him. our failings as a club are 50% carlos 50% chansiri though chansiri having no knowledge at the time about football had to rely on carlos and advisers on the football side.  jos was a shocking manager too but he was having to play kids who aint even good enough for our u23s cause we had 15 players out partly down to very poor recruitment and poor training/forcing players back too soon. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, the monk said:

I didnt enjoy Wembley and neither did anyone I was with ,we were garbage 

I did. Maybe you hadn’t sat through 20 odd years of rubbish like I had. Drawing with 9 man Yeovil, getting beat at Stockport and watching Bothroyd failing to break sweat. The ‘hardcore’ ‘get it’. Really enjoyed the Carlos reign. 

24 minutes ago, vulva said:

Can anyone who sang Carlos had a dream, enjoyed Wembley and loved us beating top teams after decades of tripe with players like Graham Barrett and Michael Reddy please make themselves known. 

TIA. 

that carlos had a dream song used to make me squirm ,I hated it at the time ,probably the worst well known song what ive ever heard at Hillsborough. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

I did. Maybe you hadn’t sat through 20 odd years of rubbish like I had. Drawing with 9 man Yeovil, getting beat at Stockport and watching Bothroyd failing to break sweat. The ‘hardcore’ ‘get it’. Really enjoyed the Carlos reign. 

Been watching Wednesday for 55 years ,when do I qualify for your hardcore gang ?

Do you get a big fat L to stick on your forehead when joining ?

• Haha 1

On 15/12/2019 at 19:27, james o connor said:

One of the most clueless managers we’ve ever had. Spent big and very few had any return for the out lay. First season most of the stars were already here and yes whilst it was a good season , we still didn’t turn up. I can talk about him all day with ease now as luckily he will never return and thank heavens for that 

the players what he had either before he came or before he took over from transfers 2016 jan onwards )chansiri said carlos had full control/final say on transfers from then onwards and why we called him head coach he is/was our manager,those were his words . we had westwood,hunt,palmer,lees,loovens,wallace,hooper,bannan ,lee, Hutchinson , forestieri ,pudil ,joao all signed by stuart gray or previous manager and newer ones on that list by committee of rhoder and 2 other guys they left in October/November 2015 . I wont list the carlos signings as only 2 were decent out of 30 loan/full signings some never even played. that's his legacy the dream what failed ,his best attempts to bankrupt a club and leave them with a huge wage bill which if we went down 2 seasons ago would have been catastrophic leaving us with dodos like abdi on 35k a week in league 1 which would have resulted in the club in administration and almost certainly ending up in league 2 were Bolton are going . thankfully most of rubbish has gone and what the efl tries to throw at us we should have enough to stop up at least.

16 minutes ago, the monk said:

Been watching Wednesday for 55 years ,when do I qualify for your hardcore gang ?

Do you get a big fat L to stick on your forehead when joining ?

You been watching the same club as me? If after 55 years watching this lot you were disappointed by a trip to Wembley then I think you might just need to adjust your expectations.  

• Haha 1