Carlos

Read on Owlstalk that Jos is not during very well at St. Pauli, but I noticed they won 3-1 yesterday. So question, would you have him back here (obviously not now as Monk doing well)? 

Personally, they say never go back; but he ended his first half season here quite decently, and played more of our youth team than we have seen in 30 years.

lol

On 14/12/2019 at 11:54, Harrysgame said:

Listened to CC on talk sport chatting to Him White. Sounds like he is wanting a return to the UK, so question would you have him back here (obviously not now as Monk doing well?

Personally, they say never go back; but was some of the most entertaining football I have seen in 30 years.

He ga e me the 2 most excruciating and embarrassing 90 minutes as 52 year old Wednesday fan. 

His game plan at Huddersfield in the play off semi handed the initiative to a team we’d beaten four times running.

His arrogance in not preparing us for the home game against Wilders team left me embarrassed. 

After the first season teams worked us out. If he fad angry say in transfers, why didn’t he replace Loovens, if he had no say in transfers then he was weak.

No thanks.

• Like 1

One of the most clueless managers we’ve ever had. Spent big and very few had any return for the out lay. First season most of the stars were already here and yes whilst it was a good season , we still didn’t turn up. I can talk about him all day with ease now as luckily he will never return and thank heavens for that 

Listened to CC on talk sport chatting to Him White. Sounds like he is wanting a return to the UK, so question would you have him back here (obviously not now as Monk doing well?

Personally, they say never go back; but was some of the most entertaining football I have seen in 30 years.

Not surprised. I watched his Rio Avenue team play last week and they were awful with not a decent player amongst them.

On 14/12/2019 at 12:00, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

His first season was pretty awesome

Then he started playing sideways and backwards

Throughout his reign, people were saying we needed two new full backs, a centre half to replace Loovens, a midfield beast, a striker with pace and a winger with pace

He never addressed these issues

It's a no from me

Awesome ? Finished 6th got turned over by Rotherham and Burton !

On 14/12/2019 at 12:43, gurujuan said:

I like him, I found him entertaining Not so much the football in season two, but despite an appalling injury crisis, he again got us to the play offs Two play offs in his only two full seasons, he deserves credit for that surely

An injury crisis he was largely responsible for. No proper preseason, inadequate daily training and playing people before they were properly recovered leading to longer term injuries.

10 hours ago, dorian gray said:

'hate' is a very strong word.

it would be difficult to find someone 'less impressed' with his tenure than I am, however I don't hate him.

as I've posted before i'd like to see him in english football again, BUT NOT ANYWHERE NEAR US.

he was good 'entertainment' but more so for pig supporters (in the long run) than ours.

money spent, unbalanced squad, promotion failed (x3), play off's ballzed up (x2), over thought and over complex football, unfit and crippled players, and now massively overspent.

Leeds, West Brom or the other side of the city would be handy. On second thoughts I quite like West Brom so maybe not them.

23 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

I don't think it was him single handedly. Tbf I think he had some of the signings forced on him by Chansiri and his advisors.

We're recovering from a naive chairman who surrounded himself with the wrong people and dug a deep financial hole. 

There is another twist or two in the tale I would imagine.

CC did revert to type that is true, but it goes far deeper than just him...

Hmmm the question is since he was involved in the elv8 thing and wasn't piaxo and his cronies that came in to help Dc also his Portuguese compatriots?? Was that also down to Carlos after the triumpherant of real football people who knew the league was dissolved??? 

Which does make me think he did have a bigger hand in things than maybe we thought.?? 

14 hours ago, the monk said:

Awesome ? Finished 6th got turned over by Rotherham and Burton !

I'll still say much of His success in the first season was down to SG. 

We were still super fit. 

We were organised and a team. 

We had leadership with loovens. 

All Carlos( sorry roeder and co) did was add a bit of creativity and firepower and we were good to go. The season before unitl injuries kicked in and with only really the not exactly prolific Nuhiu up top, we'd been around 7 to 10 most of the season anyway. 

Plus how many late, late goals did  we score to pull us through due to us still being very fit in that first season. 

Lee as a classic example against Rotherham and Bristol.!! 

A plague on your houses !!!! lol

..... dont mean it really  !! lol