Carlos

19 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Listened to CC on talk sport chatting to Him White. Sounds like he is wanting a return to the UK, so question would you have him back here (obviously not now as Monk doing well?

Personally, they say never go back; but was some of the most entertaining football I have seen in 30 years.

I'd sooner slam my old man in the fridge door.

One season wonder which went pear shaped at Wembley and never really got going again despite finishing 4th in a very very week league.

Edited by Blue and white

Nah.

First season was great.

Second season was dull but effective.

Third season was garbage.

I also get the impression that his influence went way beyond just being manager (the, at times, odd recruitment and didn't he have something to do with elev-8?).

Dont hate him like some seemingly do, but you cant help but feel his time here did more damage than good. 

21 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Listened to CC on talk sport chatting to Him White. Sounds like he is wanting a return to the UK, so question would you have him back here (obviously not now as Monk doing well?

Personally, they say never go back; but was some of the most entertaining football I have seen in 30 years.

FFS!

• Like 2

He made an impact as he does everywhere but couldn’t keep it going.

I think he lost his touch with most of the squad who are still here. Whilst 2015 was great I am enjoying the more pragmatic style of fast wingers, big centre halves and powerful strikers. I think that you don’t need to play as well to get a result because you’re just an awkward team to deal with. With a passing side you have to be on it 100% each week for it to churn out the wins.

also, imagine if Garry Monk was on the radio touting himself for a job abroad. He’s shameless for it 

Edited by Bluesteel

22 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

l o l no way . the club needs to stop up this season if we get 20points penalty  or that man carlos will have played a big hand in seeing this club possibly  go into the doldrums for many years as going down to league 1 with an embargo/administration having club asset stripped and finding that money from season tickets has already been spent with upto 5 year season tickets . I just don't get that we still have some supporters who don't see what damage carlos did ,all the signings after bannan,hooper,wallace lee,lees,hutch,westwood, were signed by carlos who had the final say , he at the time agreed to sign Rhodes costing club 17 million in wages and transfer fee and play a system what just wouldn't have suited Rhodes ,any decent manager signs players to fit into the system ,carlos didn't and also his training and fetching players back way too soon at least partly caused us to have upto 15 players out 2 years ago along with signing players with a history of injuries. anyway carlos thankfully is in the past ,its a shame that all that loot wasted weren't available to bruce at time and now monk as im sure they would make a much better job of it like we have started doing this past 12 months. 

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Nah.

First season was great.

Second season was dull but effective.

Third season was garbage.

I also get the impression that his influence went way beyond just being manager (the, at times, odd recruitment and didn't he have something to do with elev-8?).

Dont hate him like some seemingly do, but you cant help but feel his time here did more damage than good. 

'hate' is a very strong word.

it would be difficult to find someone 'less impressed' with his tenure than I am, however I don't hate him.

as I've posted before i'd like to see him in english football again, BUT NOT ANYWHERE NEAR US.

he was good 'entertainment' but more so for pig supporters (in the long run) than ours.

money spent, unbalanced squad, promotion failed (x3), play off's ballzed up (x2), over thought and over complex football, unfit and crippled players, and now massively overspent.

21 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

As a club, I think we’re just starting to recover from the damage his spell here did.

If we are punished by the EFL with a substantial points deduction this season, which results in relegation, you could argue that we’re still yet to recover from the gambles taken and opportunities missed between 2015-2017.

I don't think it was him single handedly. Tbf I think he had some of the signings forced on him by Chansiri and his advisors.

We're recovering from a naive chairman who surrounded himself with the wrong people and dug a deep financial hole. 

There is another twist or two in the tale I would imagine.

CC did revert to type that is true, but it goes far deeper than just him...

6 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

I don't think it was him single handedly. Tbf I think he had some of the signings forced on him by Chansiri and his advisors.

We're recovering from a naive chairman who surrounded himself with the wrong people and dug a deep financial hole. 

There is another twist or two in the tale I would imagine.

CC did revert to type that is true, but it goes far deeper than just him...

I agree on that too. 

coco didn't give himself the job.

Two full seasons in charge and two playoff campaigns speaks for itself, should he have done better? Perhaps. Could it have gone a lot worse? Absolutely. 

I wouldn't want him back but I don't understand all the negativity around him, I'm 25 and like many of our younger fans haven't seen us in the top division or be a good side, ever. CC was the first manager in my lifetime who was at the helm when we were actually decent and so close to getting into the PL. Think back to your memories of us being a good team and I promise you'll thinking fondly of the players and managers of that era.

His managerial style is like old school Mourinho, reluctant to use youth, same players every week, reliant on having a strong spine, favours high football IQ players and wants to play ball to feet 'attractive football'. CC's problem, again much like old school Mourinho was he was so ignorant to change things, ever. That's why we started so exceptionally well and went down hill over time, team's figured us out and we never changed anything.

I still don't think I will ever forgive him for that playoff semi 2nd leg at home to Huddersfield, playing Lee RM and setting us up so negatively when that game and what would of been the play off final was there for the taking.

interesting fact, he completed his UEFA pro license with Mourinho and they remain friends to this day! maybe explains some of the similarities.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Two full seasons in charge and two playoff campaigns speaks for itself, should he have done better? Perhaps. Could it have gone a lot worse? Absolutely. 

I wouldn't want him back but I don't understand all the negativity around him, I'm 25 and like many of our younger fans haven't seen us in the top division or be a good side, ever. CC was the first manager in my lifetime who was at the helm when we were actually decent and so close to getting into the PL. Think back to your memories of us being a good team and I promise you'll thinking fondly of the players and managers of that era.

His managerial style is like old school Mourinho, reluctant to use youth, same players every week, reliant on having a strong spine, favours high football IQ players and wants to play ball to feet 'attractive football'. CC's problem, again much like old school Mourinho was he was so ignorant to change things, ever. That's why we started so exceptionally well and went down hill over time, team's figured us out and we never changed anything.

I still don't think I will ever forgive him for that playoff semi 2nd leg at home to Huddersfield, playing Lee RM and setting us up so negatively when that game and what would of been the play off final was there for the taking.

interesting fact, he completed his UEFA pro license with Mourinho and they remain friends to this day! maybe explains some of the similarities.  

agree with most of this but it was the lack of a real physical spine that cost us the most. 

On 14/12/2019 at 12:00, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

His first season was pretty awesome

Then he started playing sideways and backwards

Throughout his reign, people were saying we needed two new full backs, a centre half to replace Loovens, a midfield beast, a striker with pace and a winger with pace

He never addressed these issues

It's a no from me

Did the same at Swansea execpt it was a matter of weeks not seasons.

First season was so much fun to watch, why it changed who knows if it carried on just imagine we could be in the champions league by now WTF:

• Haha 2