Monk no better than Jos

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

No I’m in agreement with you, in fact I’m putting all my hopes on the new signings. In fairness, Fletcher was a key player for us, and hopefully Wickham will be an able stand in. However, even before Fletcher’s injury, we were a bit one dimensional, and I was hoping that would change with what we could do in the window The introduction of Forestieri, and Da Cruz seemed to open up a few more avenues, so there is hope. For that to work though, we have to return to a three man midfield, and preferably one that doesn’t include Reach. He looks even less a midfielder, than he does a wing back

If Hutchinson has fallen out with Monk then his replacement Pelupessy can only play in a three man midfield anyway. So I would have no problems with a midfield three of him, Bannan and Luongo. Wickham as the lone striker then any two from about 5. whoever is on form I guess.

Edited by pazowl55

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

No I’m in agreement with you, in fact I’m putting all my hopes on the new signings. In fairness, Fletcher was a key player for us, and hopefully Wickham will be an able stand in. However, even before Fletcher’s injury, we were a bit one dimensional, and I was hoping that would change with what we could do in the window The introduction of Forestieri, and Da Cruz seemed to open up a few more avenues, so there is hope. For that to work though, we have to return to a three man midfield, and preferably one that doesn’t include Reach. He looks even less a midfielder, than he does a wing back

For me..Reach rarely seems to hold a position for any length of time, wherever he is put..Dunno whether its instructions, but a couple of times a game , he seems to be having a drink chattin' to Monk..then wanders off somewhere else.

The way the team laboriously pass it about at the minute, he looks lost...he's at his best breaking down one flank or the other, cos he can create..but all it was yesterday, apart from one break...Then its the run through the middle for a ball that rarely comes..and thumbs up for misplaced pass or no pass at all...I sometimes wish he would just shoot

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

For me..Reach rarely seems to hold a position for any length of time, wherever he is put..Dunno whether its instructions, but a couple of times a game , he seems to be having a drink chattin' to Monk..then wanders off somewhere else.

The way the team laboriously pass it about at the minute, he looks lost...he's at his best breaking down one flank or the other, cos he can create..but all it was yesterday, apart from one break...Then its the run through the middle for a ball that rarely comes..and thumbs up for misplaced pass or no pass at all...I sometimes wish he would just shoot

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

He certainly looks better out wide in a front three, better still wide left. The big problem though, if he’s a wide player in a front three, is he doesn’t score enough goals. If he can stay fit, I currently favour Forestieri in that position

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He certainly looks better out wide in a front three, better still wide left. The big problem though, if he’s a wide player in a front three, is he doesn’t score enough goals. If he can stay fit, I currently favour Forestieri in that position

Always said Reach's best position is left midfield, but with the new additions, we're more suited to a 433/4231, in which case I agree with you... I'd prefer FF on the left over Reach, but how match fit he is I don't know. 

Edited by RichieB

Guest The Horse

It's dull as fizz going to Hillsborough right now and there's nothing to get excited about... At the moment.

But Monk gets a lot of time from me.

He's having to fight someone else's squad that's full of egos and prima donna's, deal with a fruit loop chairman and also sate the expectations of a fan base who have had enough of being poo for twenty years and (rightly or wrongly) have now got the patience and temperament of a teenage girl who's had her phone took off her cos he's not pulling rabbits out of the hat like Wilder did.

Even though that took him a while still and the blunts lucked out on him like finding a winning lottery ticket down the back of the sofa.

I like his grit, determination and his massive testicles for calling out the dressing room bullies and dead weights.

It's poo right now but he gets a good year at least from me.

I like the cut of his jib as Mr. Burns used to say.

I’m hearing all of this Monk is no good, but even if you take the position of the jury being out, can anyone suggest who might replace him and why that replacement is likely to do better?

4 hours ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

Do you really think Carlos dealt with contracts?

I’m not sure, I think the contract debacle has got DC’s prints all over it.

Cause not , carlos said who he wanted chansiri signed them he was very nieve ,signed a box full of rubbish , a proper manager wouldnt have signed most of them and get his club heavily into debt causing future years of problems , i said it 4 years ago what was happening back then was madness. 

I can still be won round, but I’m running out of patience. Now he has all the ingredients, I want to see us playing with some vigour, and getting on the front foot, particularly in home games. Currently, we’ve seen nothing from Monk, well nothing we didn’t already have with Bullen. Monk, very quickly needs to impose his style on the way the team plays, preferably more like Leeds and Swansea, rather than Birmingham

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

Cause not , carlos said who he wanted chansiri signed them he was very nieve ,signed a box full of rubbish , a proper manager wouldnt have signed most of them and get his club heavily into debt causing future years of problems , i said it 4 years ago what was happening back then was madness. 

Absolutely, Carlos and DC with no English league experience with the sharks Doyen advising, amazing what was achieved that 1st year, if only someone would have listened to the calls of bringing in the likes of Howard Wilkinson as director of football.

2 hours ago, handworth52 said:

Just as Monk is not responsible for whether Wednesday can afford Wickham  or not then Carlos is not responsible for the finances and debt. Only man knew what could be afforded and that was and is DCs and he 100% owns what happened then and now. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

So do you think this squad is good enough to get us promoted then?  With Pep in charge say?

I’m pretty sure this squad is capable of much better performances than we’ve seen so far this season Whether or not we can get promotion, maybe the play offs, but things would have to change quickly

5 hours ago, Daz said:

I’m hearing all of this Monk is no good, but even if you take the position of the jury being out, can anyone suggest who might replace him and why that replacement is likely to do better?

The winner of Last man standing...because he or she knows who will beat who, therefore are more itk...init:biggrin: