Monk no better than Jos

9 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Scary post.

Jos wasn't even qualified to manage non league. He was a retired gardener, brought in to generate a fee for you know who.

Monk is suffering because half his senior players are still here and were spoiled by old 'Clueless I've supported them since I was a boy giz a job'.

Never judge a Manager until he has a least half his own team.

Well done on shoe horning in a dig at Carlos

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Those of you bringing in transfer windows and other factors ... let me clarify my opinion. 

On the basis of what I've seen on the field in every home game since Monk took over, hes absolutely no better than Jos. 

He might sign a team full of galacticos in 4 weeks and that's totally different, but tactics currently are as bad as Jos. 

Disagree. Dirtyleeds barely let us have a touch when we played them under Jos, Norwich scored 4 goals in 15 minutes, I doubt we will see a repeat of that under Monk. 

It may not be great to watch but the dross that Jos produced all too often is seemingly too easily forgotten. We didn't have any discernible game plan at times under his management. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Chow said:

Why not blame the chairman and previous managers, monk has spent sweet fizz all and brought no players in. 

If only Nando would play in the Che Adams role behind Fletcher aka Jutkiewicz, my oriental friend...lol

The real sad thing is.....I really do believe if Bruce didn’t shaft us we would be in the auto mix around the top 4 , this league was there for the taking this year, and in typical Wednesday fashion we are slowly drifting away to mid table 

On another note Can we just sack him and have another LUMP ON thread because that would be more entertaining than the football at the minute 

All seriousness i think he needs a transfer window, and see if he can give us some monk magic  

I'd like to see us play two upfront and be a bit more dynamic - but we created enough to win the game last night.

My worry is that the atmosphere round Hillsborough is as dire as I've known it. I don't know how many were in the ground last night  - 17k?  Apathy is gaining strength - if that's possible - making Hillsborough a depressing place akin to what it was like under Yorath etc. Season ticket holders who've already coughed up can't be arsed to turn up and who would bother paying £30 minimum on a night like last night. It can't be good to play in.

23 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Remember the zero strikers game?

Or the dropping Hector after getting POTM game?

Or the Hutch as #10 game?

Or the Joost van Aken games?

Or the delicious football in our own box games?

Or the throwing random kids in games?

Or the refusing to play good players games?

Or the mute coach on the sideline games?

Or the rocking back and forward on the bench games?

Do you remember the Jos games?

What fun that was.

And he couldn’t say half... he used to say Alf.

On 27/11/2019 at 22:59, S36 OWL said:

I refer the honorable gentleman to Steve Burtenshaw , who made Jos look like Pep .

Can you believe we didn't sack him until we made a bad start in Div 3? Picking up 2 points after the New Year or whatever it was wasn't bad enough to get the sack!

Having said that someone posted a comment in passing on here the other day that talked about Burtenshaw putting in place a youth system that led to players like David Grant, Mark Smith, the Shirtliffs, Ticker Taylor, Zico etc come through the ranks. It's been a while since we had a good crop of young players.  

21 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Scary post.

Jos wasn't even qualified to manage non league. He was a retired gardener, brought in to generate a fee for you know who.

Monk is suffering because half his senior players are still here and were spoiled by old 'Clueless I've supported them since I was a boy giz a job'.

Never judge a Manager until he has a least half his own team.

Except that monk has a better team than jos..

With a worse record.

On 27/11/2019 at 22:40, Eaton_Swfc said:

There, I've said it. 

Far far far too pedestrian, backwards negative football. No movement on the odd occasions we do venture forward, and wrong formation is isolating the only decent striker we have. 

Very very poor. I give it 12 months tops. 

Anyone else in agreement yet ? 

On 28/11/2019 at 21:54, Markowski77 said:

The real sad thing is.....I really do believe if Bruce didn’t shaft us we would be in the auto mix around the top 4 , this league was there for the taking this year, and in typical Wednesday fashion we are slowly drifting away to mid table 

On another note Can we just sack him and have another LUMP ON thread because that would be more entertaining than the football at the minute 

All seriousness i think he needs a transfer window, and see if he can give us some monk magic  

Absolute rounduns that in my opinion,  Bruce or no Bruce the squad isn’t good enough and hasn’t been good enough for a few seasons