Monk no better than Jos

getting jos was a huge mistake but he had 15 players unavailable ,had embargos and had to choose a system to scrape results , the tactics at b lane were awful but with what was available if we threw players forward that game they we would be hearing for next 50 years how they beat us 6-0. everything at the club is down to chansiri and carlos the clown until its washed down the sink and that wont be fully until end of next season then we can start blaming others , carlos spent 100 million plus on transfer fees/and big costly contracts a wage bill went up from 14 million to 42 million per season 9 million on Rhodes etc etc . has any manager since had this? im sure if bullen,jos,bruce or monk suddenly had that war chest to spend the football on the pitch/results would improve , we have so many short sited supporters who expect instant miracles . if Klopp or pep the best managers in the world wernt given billions to spend do you think they would be winning everything on free transfers etc?  or could take what we have available and make them into a promotion team? I think not. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kenners3896 said:

Bielsa struggling? They are 2nd? 

And watching the highlights they tore wigan apart yesterday. 

Unlucky not to win 3 or 4 nil 

We were lucky to finish with a point yesterday.

One glancing header from reach was as good as it got. 

Monk cannot and should not be trusted with our biggest summer in years. 

If this is his audition 

He ain't getting the part 

On current form he's struggling, look I'm not saying he or the other examples haven't done great. I'm saying you need at least let Monk have a transfer window and see what that brings. We have been awful recently and obviously that can't continue but let's see how we are with our new signings before start calling for his head. 

14 minutes ago, deano said:

On current form he's struggling, look I'm not saying he or the other examples haven't done great. I'm saying you need at least let Monk have a transfer window and see what that brings. We have been awful recently and obviously that can't continue but let's see how we are with our new signings before start calling for his head. 

Giving monk the summer is a huge huge gamble.

For the 1st time In 5 years we can overhaul this squad where the wrong players  have been brought in on huge long contracts. 

We need the right man to be in charge of that overhaul otherwise we will have to wait another 3 or 4 years for Another shot at it. 

There are coaches out there. We just need to find the right one. 

Garry 14th place Monk isnt that man. 

He has had 5 fairly big jobs in football now and hasnt really achieved anything with any of them? 

What makes us think that all of a sudden he will be the next Eddie Howe? 

8 minutes ago, Kenners3896 said:

For the 1st time In 5 years we can overhaul this squad where the wrong players  have been brought in on huge long contracts. 

We need the right man to be in charge of that overhaul otherwise we will have to wait another 3 or 4 years for Another shot at it. 

He has had 5 fairly big jobs in football now and hasnt really achieved anything with any of them? 

Let's see how the rest of the season pans out before we make any hasty decisions on Monk, but either way at the end of the season the decision needs to be made within the first few days and plans put in place for the following season.

16 minutes ago, Kenners3896 said:

And get......??

Given Monk sights Brendan Rogers as one of his biggest influences, I'm surprised he plays the style of football that he does? Is it down to the players he inherited, maybe? But some would rightly say a core group of these players played fluid attacking football in that first season Carlos was in charge but I think a big difference is the quality of full-backs Carlos had then. Hunt and Pudil were and are better full-backs than Palmer and Fox. Keeping faith with our current full-backs will probably bring more of the same? Defensively solid they may be, good going forward despite the odd moment aren't.

On 27/11/2019 at 23:00, McRightSide said:

Remember the zero strikers game?

Or the dropping Hector after getting POTM game?

Or the Hutch as #10 game?

Or the Joost van Aken games?

Or the delicious football in our own box games?

Or the throwing random kids in games?

Or the refusing to play good players games?

Or the mute coach on the sideline games?

Or the rocking back and forward on the bench games?

Do you remember the Jos games?

What fun that was.

and we have total clowns who wont even let monk put 1 of his players on pitch before he has to be sacked , I guess there all carlos the clown supporters who want there messiah back to finish the job off and that will be to completely have this club ruined and liquidated . those were jos faults but no1 and I mean no1 could have sorted out Carlos's mess quicker , 2-3-4 year contracts were and are still locked in , im sure monk,bruce or anyone wlse would have liked there 100million pot in 2015/16 2016/17 and done a better job and with younger sellable assets. 

18 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

and we have total clowns who wont even let monk put 1 of his players on pitch before he has to be sacked , I guess there all carlos the clown supporters who want there messiah back to finish the job off and that will be to completely have this club ruined and liquidated . those were jos faults but no1 and I mean no1 could have sorted out Carlos's mess quicker , 2-3-4 year contracts were and are still locked in , im sure monk,bruce or anyone wlse would have liked there 100million pot in 2015/16 2016/17 and done a better job and with younger sellable assets. 

Do you really think Carlos dealt with contracts?

I’m not sure, I think the contract debacle has got DC’s prints all over it.

We should be seeing signs of what the manager is trying to do, but nothing, nothing at all People are saying, we’ll be having a clear out in the summer, and let Monk bring his own players in. We’ve already brought in 10 players since the start of the season, we can’t possibly keep doing that every year. We need to find a coach/manager, who can work with what we have

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We should be seeing signs of what the manager is trying to do, but nothing, nothing at all People are saying, we’ll be having a clear out in the summer, and let Monk bring his own players in. We’ve already brought in 10 players since the start of the season, we can’t possibly keep doing that every year. We need to find a coach/manager, who can work with what we have

There probably will be 7 or 8 players that leave this summer though so it makes sense to let Monk have a go at trying to shape the team after that.

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

There probably will be 7 or 8 players that leave this summer though so it makes sense to let Monk have a go at trying to shape the team after that.

Surely we have to see signs that there is a plan All we hear from Monk, are excuses

22 hours ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Anyone else in agreement yet ? 

Nope 

I’ll judge him on next three games that’s a reasonable amount if time to have his forward line bedded in 

that said he’s only got three of his players and non of his staff with him 

I’d still expect to see a massive improvement on our attacking play and an points starting to get added to the table again 

11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Ah the points deduction, that’s the only excuse he’s yet to use

His game plan needed Fletcher. Clear to see he was vital to us.  Think the new signings will help us though. Wickham is what we need along with the energy of Windass and Da Cruz around him.  Let's judge him on what he does in the next six games when he has better forward options to pick from.

12 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

His game plan needed Fletcher. Clear to see he was vital to us.  Think the new signings will help us though. Wickham is what we need along with the energy of Windass and Da Cruz around him.  Let's judge him on what he does in the next six games when he has better forward options to pick from.

No I’m in agreement with you, in fact I’m putting all my hopes on the new signings. In fairness, Fletcher was a key player for us, and hopefully Wickham will be an able stand in. However, even before Fletcher’s injury, we were a bit one dimensional, and I was hoping that would change with what we could do in the window The introduction of Forestieri, and Da Cruz seemed to open up a few more avenues, so there is hope. For that to work though, we have to return to a three man midfield, and preferably one that doesn’t include Reach. He looks even less a midfielder, than he does a wing back