Monk no better than Jos

39 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Not Monks fault.

Players don't give a damn and are taking the easy money. Most of them use and abuse the club and fan base.

Worst set of skivers and don't cares this club has ever seen.

Professionals my ar5e

I didn't see any lack of effort at all in last nights performance.

I think someone has probably said this in another thread - but the side needs freshening up and it's an important transfer window coming up in January.

Yes, recent results have been disappointing, but the jury's still out on Monk as a manager IMHO. 

10 hours ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

There, I've said it. 

Far far far too pedestrian, backwards negative football. No movement on the odd occasions we do venture forward, and wrong formation is isolating the only decent striker we have. 

Very very poor. I give it 12 months tops. 

Head straight to A and E and ask for your medication. You should never let it run out. :ph34r:

Guest LittleG
11 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I refer the honorable gentleman to Steve Burtenshaw , who made Jos look like Pep .

And don't forget Peter Eustace!

11 hours ago, debram said:

Why start with 1 upfront at home against a very average side, can't blame it all on the players, he is coaching them. 

Don't agree with the OP, but I was also miffed at the line-up.

The main problem is, we have no raw potential.

Raw potential doesn't know their level.

Our squad is fully aware of their level. 

I'd say based on age and attributes, Dawson and Iorfa have ability to progress, then your looking at Borukov. Jos was aware of this issue, starting Baker, Preston etc.. but at the end of the day, he burned too many bridges

Guest Kagoshimaowl

The OP is an idiot. My gran is better than Jos and she’s been dead almost 20 years. Monk is miles better. Ridiculous statement 

15 hours ago, Flat Owl said:

I believe Eaton...

Lets See how long it takes for the penny to drop that we are morphing into a version of his Birmingham City side, almost man for man.

Why not blame the chairman and previous managers, monk has spent sweet fizz all and brought no players in. 

I know it’s Owlstalk but some opinions on here are really beyond the pale. Remember when Bruce came and the fans on here generally accepted it would take 3transfer windows before he could be fairly judged. Why is that different now?The team are creating more chances than they have in a long time, but the system he uses is suspect. Really?

He doesn’t pick our best player. Yet neither on a regular basis did our last 3 managers plus Bullen and his attitude at times last night tells you why.

Monk should be supported until he has the opportunity to develop his own side and I believe we will then see a successful team which is what we all want. 

4 minutes ago, Tommycraign10others said:

I know it’s Owlstalk but some opinions on here are really beyond the pale. Remember when Bruce came and the fans on here generally accepted it would take 3transfer windows before he could be fairly judged. Why is that different now?The team are creating more chances than they have in a long time, but the system he uses is suspect. Really?

He doesn’t pick our best player. Yet neither on a regular basis did our last 3 managers plus Bullen and his attitude at times last night tells you why.

Monk should be supported until he has the opportunity to develop his own side and I believe we will then see a successful team which is what we all want. 

How many transfer windows has monk had by the way? 

Those of you bringing in transfer windows and other factors ... let me clarify my opinion. 

On the basis of what I've seen on the field in every home game since Monk took over, hes absolutely no better than Jos. 

He might sign a team full of galacticos in 4 weeks and that's totally different, but tactics currently are as bad as Jos. 

11 hours ago, Andy30 said:

Not sure how people can blame monk , at least matched if not bettered every side we played under him. Balls just not hitting the net how many more easy chances are we going to miss.

a few,team selection ain't right imo,all his 2nd plan is throw Nuhui on,not good enough,Monk is ok but he's no Bruce,deffo

8 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

The OP is an idiot. My gran is better than Jos and she’s been dead almost 20 years. Monk is miles better. Ridiculous statement 

First i ain't no jos fan...but jos has a better win rate here than monk...and had all the crocked players to juggle.

So perhaps not as ridiculous as you think....right now.

May get better, it may not.

20 hours ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

There, I've said it. 

Far far far too pedestrian, backwards negative football. No movement on the odd occasions we do venture forward, and wrong formation is isolating the only decent striker we have. 

Very very poor. I give it 12 months tops. 

Scary post.

Jos wasn't even qualified to manage non league. He was a retired gardener, brought in to generate a fee for you know who.

Monk is suffering because half his senior players are still here and were spoiled by old 'Clueless I've supported them since I was a boy giz a job'.

Never judge a Manager until he has a least half his own team.