EFL Statement

3 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Everybody understands season tickets are cheaper Mal...sadly some can't fork £500 out and can't go further into debt....

Yeah, I understand that Andy.

But I will guarantee,  that there are more people "won't" buy one, than there are that "can't" buy one. 

When you look at this rationally and objectively it doesn't paint us, Reading or Derby in a great light. To compound the distasteful element of 'selling' our ground to ourselves to keep us afloat and hovering above financial penalties, we seemingly don't even file the accounts correctly. This is the key issue of the EFL, not the ground sale per se. Of course this needs to be proven, but the charges remain.

I would like to think we could all discuss the intricacies of this matter, which is related to the wider financial management of the club rather than throwing (increasingly) random abuse at fellow posters.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, trumbullowl said:

I wonder if the 60 million 'spent' to buy the ground came out of before tax or after tax 'money'. If it's before tax wont there be parties beyond the EFL rather keen to investigate?

Cheer us up why don't you.

Give us chance. We can only fiddle one party at a time.

HMRC can get in line.

:tango::tango:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Animis said:

When you look at this rationally and objectively it doesn't paint us, Reading or Derby in a great light. To compound the distasteful element of 'selling' our ground to ourselves to keep us afloat and hovering above financial penalties, we seemingly don't even file the accounts correctly. This is the key issue of the EFL, not the ground sale per se. Of course this needs to be proven, but the charges remain.

I would like to think we could all discuss the intricacies of this matter, which is related to the wider financial management of the club rather than throwing (increasingly) random abuse at fellow posters.

Oh you mean let's kick the club we support a little bit more. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MAL said:

Yeah, I understand that Andy.

But I will guarantee,  that there are more people "won't" buy one, than there are that "can't" buy one. 

It's north of £500 for a ST - well over if you don't go Early Bird and you don't want to sit on the Kop - of course a lot of people won't buy them. You're basically writing off the more casual fan completely plus the die hards who can't afford it.

I'm no accountant by my trade,

me moneys all being labour made

strength by sinew, not by brain

Its money!..so its all the same

One day, although I forget when 

I sold  me house back.... to me sen!

and as the cash did not flow in

I sold  it............to meself......again

This money makin' foolproof scheme

was not the cast iron fing it seemed

bewildered by financial strain...

I sold , then bought it back ............again

Me balance was plunged in the red

so I thought of sumfink else instead..

I charged meself a massive rent

each week a massive cheque I sent

unto meself, i paid me loads...

I now live on...Jordan...Road (s)

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Oh you mean let's kick the club we support a little bit more. 

I genuinely want the best for the club - I've been a supporter since 75 and seen many ups and downs. 

You need to differentiate questioning the club and even players abilities, to 'kicking' them. If it wasn't for the fans' questioning, we might still have Jos in charge.

4 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Proof of funds....

prepared to take losses incurred

Whats the problem

Thats more or less the "Fit and proper" persons thing

Heres us, ground sold, and maybe floundering...

I suppose when asked how come Hillsborough was suddenly worth 60 mill Chansiri could say "Rhodes and Abdi were inside at the time......"

Salary cap based on attendances ?

3 minutes ago, Animis said:

I genuinely want the best for the club - I've been a supporter since 75 and seen many ups and downs. 

You need to differentiate questioning the club and even players abilities, to 'kicking' them. If it wasn't for the fans' questioning, we might still have Jos in charge.

We need to get behind the club not finding other ways to have a pop at them. 

67 by the way 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

As far as I am aware Chansiri has had no stick inside the ground on match days at all. There has be no "kicking" just some harmless criticism online. 

4 minutes ago, Animis said:

And Uncle Dave.

At least 2 of the venomous posters trying to stifle debate now, also backed the Cretin hater.

God knows what they get out of it.

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

67 by the way 

I understand your frustration, but we, as fans must surely be allowed to challenge and ask questions. It's not disloyal, providing it's based on fact as the events show. In this case, we are currently charged by the EFL for misconduct. It's serious, and irrespective of the outcome I would like to investigation and debate how we got here without being accused of kicking the club.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

67 by the way 

And just how many years has that been trotted out Mycroft....Don't get me wrong...I agree.

But ive been nodding like a dog to that mantra for 2 decades...I nodded like a dog to that mantra all the way through the 70's

I can't argue with it, sadly nor can I argue with any Owls fan who says

"FFS!...give over"

There are some Wednesday fans, me probably among them, who don't help the situation by blind loyalty and sad obsequience

9 minutes ago, Animis said:

Agree with everything you’ve said. 

I haven’t seen anyone “kicking the club” - on a whole it’s been well articulated discussions on where the club has failed and let supporters down - most of which isn’t based on hindsight. 

The ones unable to see this, also seem unable to say anything positive either - just bemoan the fact actual supporters are unhappy at the situation 

1 minute ago, Animis said:

I understand your frustration, but we, as fans must surely be allowed to challenge and ask questions. It's not disloyal, providing it's based on fact as the events show. In this case, we are currently charged by the EFL for misconduct. It's serious, and irrespective of the outcome I would like to investigation and debate how we got here without being accused of kicking the club.

Its well documented how we got here (read the last 100 pages for a start), we would be better off debating how we move on.  

If the EFL punishment is greater than a 12 point deduction, they need to seriously consider what they’re trying to achieve with P&S.

if we go down (I don’t think we will btw) the they the EFL again need to defend what the p&s rules are doing.

ultimately, the rules will keep the already top clubs at the top and others will struggle to compete. Football has changed and is changing all the time. Money is king and is the only route to competitiveness.