EFL Statement

2 minutes ago, Brad_owl said:

I don't agree. For example, How can you substantiate the EFL banning FF when he was found not guilty in a court of law?

The same reason that has been said repeatedly on here.... The EFL are not the courts and do not have to have the same burden of proof

Pretty obvious they’re looking for to try and make an example of someone - they need a big enough name to make an impact, and it looks like we’ve potentially given them just enough rope to have a bit of a go. 

Will end up in court, and I don’t think there will be a shortage of lawyers lining up for a run at the whole FFP system.  It will end up going places the EFL don’t want it to, strap in. 

11 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

From what I read...Its when you should show it in the accounts...Not how much the sale was...

So you can sell the ground for double it’s market value ?    Financial what ?  FAIR play !? Hahahaha 

Jokers 

1 minute ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

That play off final defeat could be our most expensive defeat ever.

To be honest this whole sorry saga just highlights the ridiculous rules and regulations in football and how much money is ruining the sport.

The fact that the Premier League and leagues below are two separate entities where teams who get up to the top division cant face punishment whilst there after breaking rules to get promotion just encourages teams in the championship to massively overspend.

The fact teams getting relegated from the prem get obscene amounts of money in parachute payments just encourages championship teams to massively overspend.

The split of money between the divisions is not enough for clubs to spend the money they need to pay the wages players are now commanding, premier league reserves earn absolutely obscene amounts of money.

Football is a sport which only exists because of the fans, the fans, who may earn in a year less than some players earn in a week, are the ones who really suffer. Players at the clubs punished will just move elsewhere and still get paid obscene amounts of money and wont care one bit about their former club.

Football and the way it is structured is absolutely messed up and overcome by greed.

Match of the day showing tweets of players after games, papers printing stories about players lives like a gossip column, fans supporting teams they just watch on tv who are in another country or city and thinking they get football. 

What the hell happened to our sport?

It’s been taken over by parasites who see opportunities for a quick buck ( Definitely not including Milan or DC in this statement) 

Personally I would love for SKY and BT to pull the plug tomorrow and the game to go bust. Once the dust settles the fans, clubs, players, staff and volunteers would still be there. The agents, executives, foreign billionaires, sponsors, entrepreneurs would all have p1shed off to leach off another cash cow and we could all start again and rebuild the sport / game we love with a business model where income exceeds expenditure and unsustainable and obscene salaries were a distant memory

Guest The Claw
2 minutes ago, blueandwhitematt said:

Pretty obvious they’re looking for to try and make an example of someone - they need a big enough name to make an impact, and it looks like we’ve potentially given them just enough rope to have a bit of a go. 

They did Birmingham 

14 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Depends on terms of credit extended and also the Transfer Of Ownership clause. 
i.e. if transfer of an asset takes place at the point a contract is signed and an invoice is raised one month after the contract is signed and 360 days payment terms is extended the sale is completed but the money can be paid 1yr and one month later. 
Credit terms and transfer of ownership may be freely negotiated between contracting parties so no civil or common law has been broken. The issue will be whether EFL regulations supersede the law of the land. This will be the point contended by DCs legal team. 
one would sincerely hope that this was considered and mitigated before the decision was taken to declare the sale in a different accounting to the receipt of monies owed

The key date under FRS102 is the date the "risks and reward of ownership" changes from seller to buyer.

This isn't necessarily the date monies change hands.

All down to the terms of the contract/agreement for sale which would assume was signed pre 31.7.2018.

Swfc obviously convinced auditors the terms had transferred risk and rewards on that date, EFL arguing otherwise.

It's a bit like tax rules for buying property off plan, when you pay deposit/echage contracts is the date you are deemed to have bought it for CGT purposes even if it's not built for two years and you don't complete until well after the deposit paid and contracts exchanged.

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl

We can all probably agree that its unfair to stop Chansiri spending money if he wants to..Like its some sort of restriction of trade...But the sad fact is..

The laws of the governing body of the Sport we signed up to...Don't allow it.

On top of that, We had several warnings that we were on the edge of it...We apparently ignored it.

I can have a car capable of 150mph...It can do it....Sadly the speed limot is 70....

I spend 2 years roaring up the M1 at 90...I get warned...."its 70"

The next year...I career up the m1 doing 100....even tyhogh I know they have me reg....and I know the Cameras are on me...But I still think 120 mph is fair enough....

I get done..

Who's fault is it?

8 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Whether you think that they have it in for us or not, facts are we've been caught out and going to pay a very hefty price. All down to one man..Chansiri. 

Do you honestly think that an unbelievably successful and honourable business man like DC has not consulted legal and commercial advice. 

Stop looking for a scapegoat without any knowledge or understanding of the facts. If it turns out to be DC to blame it will come out in due course and I will owe you a massive apology. If it turns out that DC was doing everything in his power to promote the interests of SWFC will I hear from you?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

I just hope Chansiri won't try to defend us himself. For some reason, I always think of him as the angry Oriental bloke from the Hangover movies.

He probably wants out of the club as soon as possible. The problem is that no one wants to pay the asking price. Just like with the player transfers.

I really feel sorry for Monk right now.

the only people what can get us out of this mess are monk and the players ,we need 70points 70 is the new 50 for us this season . if anyone thinks this storm is just passing there from another world . if this club is to even survive we have to beat the efls points deduction . id sooner we get the hit now as the players might see this as a siege mentality and get us the points we need . we could easily end up been the next Coventry ,portsmouth.  I dread to think what sh*t creek we would be up if the efl sent us down to league 1 . this aint doom and gloom this is reality and its sadly happening . 

3 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

The key date under FRS102 is the date the "risks and reward of ownership" changes from seller to buyer.

This isn't necessarily the date monies change hands.

All down to the terms of the contract/agreement for sale which would assume was signed pre 31.7.2018.

Swfc obviously convinced auditors the terms had transferred risk and rewards on that date, EFL arguing otherwise.

It's a bit like tax rules for buying property off plan, when you pay deposit/echage contracts is the date you are deemed to have bought it for CGT purposes even if it's not built for two years and you don't complete until well after the deposit paid and contracts exchanged.

Then we agree? 

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

We can all probably agree that its unfair to stop Chansiri spending money if he wants to..Like its some sort of restriction of trade...But the sad fact is..

The laws of the governing body of the Sport we signed up to...Don't allow it.

On top of that, We had several warnings that we were on the edge of it...We apparently ignored it.

I can have a car capable of 150mph...It can do it....Sadly the speed limot is 70....

I spend 2 years roaring up the M1 at 90...I get warned...."its 70"

The next year...I career up the m1 doing 100....even tyhogh I know they have me reg....and I know the Cameras are on me...But I still think 120 mph is fair enough....

I get done..

Who's fault is it?

Yours Fernando

• Haha 1