EFL Statement

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

Then he'll never take us forward, and will continue to spunk money up the wall whilst ripping us off in ticket prices.

He isn't learning.

As far as I'm aware, we have spunked any money away since the summer of 2017. We've cut our cloth according since then, tried some creative accounting and its backfired.

In a sense he's learned, he's hired 2 well known managers who are British and know what they're doing, stopped the crazy transfer fees but he made an error in the books. Doesnt mean he hasn't learned. Creative accounting is all the range in business. 

Just now, Bigblueowl said:

I hope Chansiri takes this on the chin and asks for the points deduction to be implemented straight away and not dragged out. 

Let's deal with it,get through the season and stop up.

Next season clean slate, all out of contract players gone, any high earners sold. 

Start again with a strict players pay policy and also reduce match day and season ticket Prices.

This. 

we gambled, failed and made a mess of things. Take it on he chin and move on. 

The league is garbage this year, so even with a pints deduction we should be okay.  

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I have a feeling this will end in the EFLs FFP rules up in smoke.

However, for that to happen we'll have to be the whipping boys.

A season in L1 may do us good actually, get rid of all the poo and start again. 

I think we can get rid of all the poo but whislt stopping in the championship even with a 12 point deduction.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

They’re not corrupt though. FFP is a ridiculous rule, but it’s a rule. Like Asteener said, if you drive over the limit you can’t then complain and say ‘yeah but it’s the laws fault’.

They gave us previous warnings with embargo’s. They gave us time to get our finances in order. But instead we kept handing out improved contracts, refusing to sell assets and plodding a long with our heads in the same 

I don't disagree. 

Difference between ineptness and corruption. 

Think there are real questions about whether they are fit for purpose. 

Put it this way: this doesn't not put the EFL in a good light. 

Strengthens the views that they don't know how to apply their own rules properly. 

5 minutes ago, Dandrewchaz said:

It will be, what it will be. We've move in cycles of good and bad. We'll still be here at the end of it. Happy to write this season off and build on the solid signings we've made this season. WAWAW

I hear this a lot.

Though I’ve been going 20 years now and we’ve been fuuckiing sh!t for all of it.

We’ll be reet.... if the sale of the ground is not covered for those years, then that income will be used for 19/20 and we shall have poo loads of money to spend next season

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

They’re not corrupt though. FFP is a ridiculous rule, but it’s a rule. Like Asteener said, if you drive over the limit you can’t then complain and say ‘yeah but it’s the laws fault’.

They gave us previous warnings with embargo’s. They gave us time to get our finances in order. But instead we kept handing out improved contracts, refusing to sell assets and plodding a long with our heads in the same 

Mate. Literally some fans won't ever accept that we've done wrong. 

They can't see it. Can't accept it. 

1 minute ago, LoadABallacks said:

This. 

we gambled, failed and made a mess of things. Take it on he chin and move on. 

The league is garbage this year, so even with a pints deduction we should be okay.  

I'm pretty confident we would stop up..

Barnsley and Luton are doomed IMO. 

What we can't afford to happen is our fans to turn on the players now! We've got to stick together...cheesy I know but its the only way we get out of this shiz.

Guest Theboylangers
41 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

not offering now...

I had a tenner on. The one time I've bet on Wednesday and I hope I lose. 

14 minutes ago, SiJ said:

And then what? 

Absolute can of worms. 

Not saying we will come out of this well, but I suspect the EFL may live to regret this too. 

If they are challenging the inclusion of the sale in the 2018 accounts it opens up big can of worms!

The independent auditors have signed off on those accounts as showing a true and fair view, and that the accounts have been correctly prepared under UK GAAP.

Since introduction of FRS102 revenue is recognised based on the date the significant risk of rewards of ownership have transferred from buyer to seller. This isn't necessarily th final legal completion date.

For example you sign a contract with a buyer for your car, in the contract the buyer agrees at 31 July he will buy your car for £10k irrespective of anything happens to the vehicle before you complete the sale and sign off the sale with the DVLA.

A month later you complete sale.  The risks of ownership actually transferred on 31 July because if the car had been written off a week later the buyer had already agreed to buy it irrespective of condition.

Under above case you would recognise sale at 31 July not a month later when settled.

Key would be the details of the agreement at 31 July and if the terms transferred the risks and rewards of ownership at that date.

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Mate. Literally some fans won't ever accept that we've done wrong. 

They can't see it. Can't accept it. 

can accept we’ve done wrong, not an issue for me , what I won’t accept

though is that Derby , Villa and countless other clubs haven’t done the same .. how they got away with it then ?   

And I also won’t accept that the EFL have the best interest of any club at heart when they stood idly by and watched Bury go

to the wall and are doing everything in there powers to further punish Bolton for daring not to go bankrupt 

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Spot on...also..If under the rules you aren't allowed to do summat.....You don't f.ookin' do it

Correct

And if you do do it and get caught you put your hands up.

You don't bleat on about others that have got away with it, or invent conspiracy theories.

This is our bad and we will be punished.

I'm more sick that we've tried to pull this stunt in the first place than the fact we've been caught.

Football is diseased, and until recently I thought we'd managed to stay clear, but no, we succumbed in the end.

UTO

FTB

8 minutes ago, Dandrewchaz said:

It will be, what it will be. We've move in cycles of good and bad. We'll still be here at the end of it. Happy to write this season off and build on the solid signings we've made this season. WAWAW

Whats another year of poo gonna matter when its been preceeded by about 20 years of poo anyway.