EFL Statement

A what point do we bring somebody in to run the clubs finances effectively ?

This question has been asked repeatedly since DC came into the club.

It started with spunking money up the wall on players who never played, were past it, or we didn't even need.

It's continued with not understanding and frequently falling foul of league rules.

We need a qualified CEO not afraid to tell DC how it is. Quick.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well this just made my evening after only just reading about it.

To my mind this is not on a par with Birmingham so I fully expect a more severe punishment.

I won't lie, I think rather than implode we need to galvanise as fans and a club.   This is going to happen so we need to come together, no one else will help us so let's get on with it and forge ahead no matter what they throw at us.

I don't know if we have it in us as a fanbase or a club to do this though.   I hope I am wrong.   We need a leader and fast on the fans side of things.   A well organised massive body of fans could achieve almost anything.   We absolutely need unity right now.

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

After years in the financial doldrums only us could attract a bonkers rich individual and end up in a worse position than when we started.

If he’d sold some players after the Huddersfield game then things wouldn’t be too bad. His stubbornness over transfers has been our downfall. The squad was absolutely huge and continued to be for the next two seasons. 

Haven’t read the whole thread so don’t know if I’m repeating what has been said. We must remember that a form of auditors signed off these accounts so it is not just Wednesday in the dock here but our auditors too. They will have had to satisfy themselves that there was enough evidence to allow us to book the sale in an earlier period.

All of that being said, there is an old accounting concept of “substance over form” and whatever DC might argue and has convinced the auditors of it is clear to most observers that the substance of this transaction is that it should have been booked a year later.

In his heart DC must have known this was wrong and I’m afraid we will deserve all that is coming to us.

2 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

THE FOOTBALL LEAGUES CORRUPT 

AND NOW YOU’RE GUNNA BELIEVE US

AND NOW YOU’RE GUNNA BELIEVE US

AND NOW YOU’RE GUNNA BELIEVE USSSS

Have to change it to Chansiri’s corrupt if you wanna get this forums attention lad 

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

A what point do we bring somebody in to run the clubs finances effectively ?

This question has been asked repeatedly since DC came into the club.

It started with spunking money up the wall on players who never played, were past it, or we didn't even need.

It's continued with not understanding and frequently falling foul of league rules.

We need a qualified CEO not afraid to tell DC how it is. Quick.

Everything I’ve learnt about DC in the last few years suggests he won’t bring someone in to tell him what to do. He controls everything.

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

And then what? 

Absolute can of worms. 

Not saying we will come out of this well, but I suspect the EFL may live to regret this too. 

I have a feeling this will end in the EFLs FFP rules up in smoke.

However, for that to happen we'll have to be the whipping boys.

A season in L1 may do us good actually, get rid of all the poo and start again. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, SwellOwl said:

This isn’t going to be resolved for some time. The fact it was approved originally must be a positive. However, now EFL have flagged this, can’t see it ending well. Maybe need to take the hit and start again.

There is always something! 

That would be my first questions to the EFL: 

Why did you approve the accounts in the first place? 

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

Everything I’ve learnt about DC in the last few years suggests he won’t bring someone in to tell him what to do. He controls everything.

Then he'll never take us forward, and will continue to spunk money up the wall whilst ripping us off in ticket prices.

He isn't learning.

I hope Chansiri takes this on the chin and asks for the points deduction to be implemented straight away and not dragged out. 

Let's deal with it,get through the season and stop up.

Next season clean slate, all out of contract players gone, any high earners sold. 

Start again with a strict players pay policy and also reduce match day and season ticket Prices.

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The EFL are certainly inept. 

They’re not corrupt though. FFP is a ridiculous rule, but it’s a rule. Like Asteener said, if you drive over the limit you can’t then complain and say ‘yeah but it’s the laws fault’.

They gave us previous warnings with embargo’s. They gave us time to get our finances in order. But instead we kept handing out improved contracts, refusing to sell assets and plodding a long with our heads in the same