1 hour ago, Tudders said:

It’s people offering their opinion, not professing to be doctors, psychologists etc

so are you a Professional Football Manager/Pro footballer/Ex pro to validate you having over 5000 posts on this forum? Or weren’t any of those 5000 football related?

Sorry was just on the phone to Jordan asking him how he is and if he's free on Tuesday/Saturdays. Told him to man up too. 

If we want to be a success in this division we need to score goals, simple as. For me a Fletcher/Nuhiu combo just isn’t  the answer so I would like to at least have a few games with a Fletch/Rhodes partnership just to take a look. We’re paying him so we may as well at least try to get something out of him.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Reports don't say what the fee was, but that it was 'agreed'. Don't think a derogatory fee would have been agreed. I suspect there's more to the whole saga than we'll ever hear. His comments about the dressing room alluded to problems, and I still don't know why his dad left sharpish the way he did. Then begs the question why he's become so fecking useless on the pitch. 

I don't think there is anything mysterious about Andy Rhodes departure from the club.

Wasn't he appointed as assistant manager at Oldham Athletic, one of his former clubs in June last year?

Perhaps a little more mysterious why he was sacked by Oldham after only 4 months.:wacko:

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Something very weird about Rhodes' situation. Been said this week that Norwich agreed fee and terms to sign him in summer, then DC blocked the move. All very bizarre. 

Reports at the time suggested there was a verbal agreement for a permanent deal after the loan period.

Being a man of his word Mr Chansiri, (probably naively) expected the whole of the agreement to be honoured.

Apparently it wasn’t so he said no. Norwich pretty much confirmed this by saying there was never anything in writing.

Guest wilyfox
15 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Reports at the time suggested there was a verbal agreement for a permanent deal after the loan period.

Being a man of his word Mr Chansiri, (probably naively) expected the whole of the agreement to be honoured.

Apparently it wasn’t so he said no. Norwich pretty much confirmed this by saying there was never anything in writing.

I believe that was the case earlier in the summer. Recent reports refer to a deal just before deadline that was agreed in principle and then pulled.

Guest LondonOwl313
6 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Your argument was well voiced in his early days here, me included.

What were Huddersfield tactics when he scored goals for fun? 

Some say he should have adapted. Perhaps had Carlos set up a system to get the best out of him we wouldn't be in this position now. 

No club should buy a player and then play him out of position or not play to his strengths. Its all been said and i think its too late for him here. 

Many would still love him to start scoring again but he would have to score a hat trick in his first game and then at least a goal a game for the rest of the season. There would still be some who would want him gone. Poor lad cannot win. 

If it is anything to do with any sort of mental health problems then he should get everbodies understanding and help.

We will probably never know . 

We aren't going up without FF and one of Rhodes or Winnall playing and scoring as there's just not enough goals in the team. Harris and Reach will get half a dozen each playing in a front 3 and it's not enough. Fletcher will get maybe 12-15. Then probably less than 10 goals from midfield (Luongo, Bannan, Lee and Hutch) and another half a dozen from the centre halves at corners. 

We need FF to get 12-15 too, and one of the strikers to get 15-20. Maybe they're both shot and not up to it, and in that case we need to bring replacements in in January

3 hours ago, Tudders said:

I’ve not diagnosed anything. I’ve merely suggested it as a possible reason for his loss of form.

You said you genuinely believe it's a mental health issue , so what draws you to that genuine belief bearing in mind there are a million and one other ailments it could be ?

It may be just down to not being good enough or lack of desire,  not as dramatic as your diagnosis but I'm no doctor 

5 hours ago, Mr Hooper said:

Jack Stobbs used to score goals for the under 23's.

Rhodes just isn't the player he once was. He can't run, and for someone with 200+ goals to his name, he doesn't seem to be able to shoot, which is strange.

He's ran out of chances.

I thought you said he couldn't run? lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Guest Bulgaria

I would give him a run of 3 games Along side Fletcher.

I really do think if he bagged a goal we would see his chin off the floor.

Obviously I don't see him in training or know what his attitude is like, I've no doubt Monk would be using him if he thought beneficial, but playing two up top seems to be his plan b.

2 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

I would give him a run of 3 games Along side Fletcher.

I really do think if he bagged a goal we would see his chin off the floor.

Obviously I don't see him in training or know what his attitude is like, I've no doubt Monk would be using him if he thought beneficial, but playing two up top seems to be his plan b.

Him alongside Fletcher would give us the slowest pairing in the league No thanks

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Him alongside Fletcher would give us the slowest pairing in the league No thanks

Obviously it's not ideal but what other options do we have right now?

21 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Obviously it's not ideal but what other options do we have right now?

At the moment, stick with Fletcher, Harris and Reach Yes it’s pretty crap goals wise, but it’s kept us in the top 10 so far Quite frankly, if we could, I’d change all three, but it might take a couple of windows to do that