Committed more fouls than anyone in the league.

Came up in the commentary. 

It's becoming a thing with our team. Giving away free kicks all over the park. 

Starting to question if it's the refs or if it's the way we play.

Surely all the refs can't be conspiring against us...can they?

3 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Came up in the commentary. 

It's becoming a thing with our team. Giving away free kicks all over the park. 

Starting to question if it's the refs or if it's the way we play.

Surely all the refs can't be conspiring against us...can they?

Not the refs - they're just consistently poor and struggle with the modern game.

We need to sort the conceding free kicks issue - it puts us under too much pressure.

I think tonight the weather definitely played a part, and the fact they were littered with shithouses.

Regarding the season on a whole, I reckon it stems from poor balls resulting in lost possession, and us not moving the ball fast enough, so when we lose it we’re having to throw ourselves in 

• Like 1

Tonight was a little misleading in the fact that the ref awarded so many non fouls or soft fouls against us. I think most of us a happy to see us putting a foot in and toughening up in an area we've been weak in over previous seasons.

All that said, we need to eliminate the silly, non-sensical ones, like the push in the back from Murphy for instance. 

Thought this was a thread about Hutchinson at first not the whole team!

The frustrating thing about stats like these is that we aren’t a dirty fouling team - not sure if it’s the refs or whether the players a naive in giving away silly fouls. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Tonight was a little misleading in the fact that the ref awarded so many non fouls or soft fouls against us. I think most of us a happy to see us putting a foot in and toughening up in an area we've been weak in over previous seasons.

All that said, we need to eliminate the silly, non-sensical ones, like the push in the back from Murphy for instance. 

And the full backs getting caught out , more focus required.

all that matters is the result and where we are in the table and seen as we are in contention its hard to be critical of how we play …...if we have to kick our way to the play offs I think we can all live with that . …… it's got to be better than being a soft touch that gets bullied into defeat .  

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Regarding the season on a whole, I reckon it stems from poor balls resulting in lost possession, and us not moving the ball fast enough, so when we lose it we’re having to throw ourselves in 

Fletcher played a diabolical pass for Hutch which resulted in his booking tonight. He definitely owes him a beer for that one.

But if that stat is true we really need to look at it. We arent a strong or a dirty team, we arent a team who really gets stuck in. We are however a clumsy team. Look no further than the pens at Preston for evidence.

• Like 1

A lot of this season we’ve been smart and given free kicks away in clever areas. Tonight it just seemed we did it anywhere and in some stupid positions.

That been said the officials were poor. Feel for their players going down to soft, or if their player screamed he gave it.

It makes sense to foul if you can’t retain the call quickly in their game. Man City are experts at this. What we did last night, I don’t even know what that was.

Guest The Horse
8 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I think tonight the weather definitely played a part, and the fact they were littered with shithouses.

This is the answer.

Our passing is often so laboured and slow or passed slightly behind the receiving player or slightly off so they have to stretch to get it that our own passes often become 50/50's that mean we have to lunge in to keep control of the pass.

We really need more tempo in our play and start passing it for our players to run onto (instead of straight to them or behind them) which means the opposition player is on the back foot then and is more likely to concede the foul.

10 hours ago, Animis said:

Not the refs - they're just consistently poor and struggle with the modern game.

We need to sort the conceding free kicks issue - it puts us under too much pressure.

There’s a naivety to our game both in attack and defence. In defence we should be able to adapt, yesterday Cardiff players going down like a house of cards whenever a loose challenge went in, hand laid on them or shirt grabbed. Countless examples but Hutch yellow where the guy jumps/dives over the slide tackle, Murphy literally placing a hand on Tomlins back and Most of our defence being tight on players on halfway stood out. But surely after we see them collapsing a few times we just tighten up?? 

Then in attack we are far too honest. Not sure if commentary here in SA was same as UK but Harris had his shirt grabbed going for ball in their box 1 on 1 chasing it, stays on feet wins a corner. Flint goes down when Liam had a handful of his, ones 5’5 the others 6’5 and the commentary team kept on and on about Flint being denied a pen but not one mention of Honest Harris? 

We need to wise up! Being robbed all over the park and whilst I don’t want to see us diving around like their mob yesterday nor do I want to see us lose out week after week because the other team are playing to the ref. 

We're not a dirty team, but are naive at times, which is surprising as we've one of the oldest/most experienced squads.

I suspect that stat could be influenced by a couple of extremely poor refereeing performances, awarding an inordinate amount of unjust free kicks....weve also played Preston already and they throw themselves about so much that  their default position is to lay on the floor, occasionally getting up to kick the ball. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

There’s a naivety to our game both in attack and defence. In defence we should be able to adapt, yesterday Cardiff players going down like a house of cards whenever a loose challenge went in, hand laid on them or shirt grabbed. Countless examples but Hutch yellow where the guy jumps/dives over the slide tackle, Murphy literally placing a hand on Tomlins back and Most of our defence being tight on players on halfway stood out. But surely after we see them collapsing a few times we just tighten up?? 

Then in attack we are far too honest. Not sure if commentary here in SA was same as UK but Harris had his shirt grabbed going for ball in their box 1 on 1 chasing it, stays on feet wins a corner. Flint goes down when Liam had a handful of his, ones 5’5 the others 6’5 and the commentary team kept on and on about Flint being denied a pen but not one mention of Honest Harris? 

We need to wise up! Being robbed all over the park and whilst I don’t want to see us diving around like their mob yesterday nor do I want to see us lose out week after week because the other team are playing to the ref. 

It's the death of football if that's what everyone does.

We have a few players who do it tho, Forestieri is one. Fletcher isn't adverse to it 

99% of the fouls we give away are the correct decision by the refs 

Sometimes it’s not the worst thing to do, stops the flow of the opposition, etc 

The trouble with us is that we give them away in stupid positions and far too many are needless