Committed more fouls than anyone in the league.

2 minutes ago, torres said:

99% of the fouls we give away are the correct decision by the refs 

Sometimes it’s not the worst thing to do, stops the flow of the opposition, etc 

The trouble with us is that we give them away in stupid positions and far too many are needless 

I'd contest your 99% 

Games I've watched it's about 60%

It feels to me like we are so concerned about defending we don't ever really kill the game off. It was so obvious what was going to happen at 1 nil last night. Go get the 2nd goal and its game over.

Sounds easy I know but i feel we have to be more positive about scoring goals

10 hours ago, Beholder said:

Came up in the commentary. 

It's becoming a thing with our team. Giving away free kicks all over the park. 

Starting to question if it's the refs or if it's the way we play.

Surely all the refs can't be conspiring against us...can they?

I think they probably can...

Maybe that's one way the League can exact punishment for our Creative Accounting.

Definitely another example of how rules on free kicks and yellow cards were applied differently to Cardiff than to Wednesday last night. 

Everything about their winning free kick was a stich up. 

42 minutes ago, torres said:

It might have been 60% 20 years ago. 

Modern football the vast majority of fouls we give away are correct decisions-mostly due to lack of brains 

I have to disagree with you,  no there are many times we are cheated and the ref is conned is this what you mean ? . You saying Modern football is who can cheat the best ? 

3 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I have to disagree with you,  no there are many times we are cheated and the ref is conned is this what you mean ? . You saying Modern football is who can cheat the best ? 

Not really, I mean things like putting your hands on a players back when they are going nowhere, they go down - foul given- brainless on our part 

Little nudges, niggles, not a foul in years gone by, it is now and most of the time it’s lazy or brainless on our part. 

To think the refs are totally against us is a bit childish in my opinion. Last night for example they should have had a blatant penalty!

I would say however the refs have been poor in the yellow cards for and against us - the consistency is almost non existent (that goes for most games I watch though just not Wednesday)

3 minutes ago, torres said:

Not really, I mean things like putting your hands on a players back when they are going nowhere, they go down - foul given- brainless on our part 

Little nudges, niggles, not a foul in years gone by, it is now and most of the time it’s lazy or brainless on our part. 

To think the refs are totally against us is a bit childish in my opinion. Last night for example they should have had a blatant penalty!

I would say however the refs have been poor in the yellow cards for and against us - the consistency is almost non existent (that goes for most games I watch though just not Wednesday)

I agree but I don’t want to see any players buying free kicks really , Wasn’t Harris pulled back in the box also but he didn’t drop like a sack of spuds !! 

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I agree but I don’t want to see any players buying free kicks really , Wasn’t Harris pulled back in the box also but he didn’t drop like a sack of spuds !! 

Good point. We are equally as naive (thick) in “winning” them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meggoisgod said:

It feels to me like we are so concerned about defending we don't ever really kill the game off. It was so obvious what was going to happen at 1 nil last night. Go get the 2nd goal and its game over.

Sounds easy I know but i feel we have to be more positive about scoring goals

We had plenty of chances to kill them off in the first half, but we didn't. 

The debacle with the Ref / Cardiffs tactics / Our tactics in the second half would have been irrelevant if we had got the 2+ goals we deserved in thre first half. 

12 hours ago, Beholder said:

Came up in the commentary. 

It's becoming a thing with our team. Giving away free kicks all over the park. 

Starting to question if it's the refs or if it's the way we play.

Surely all the refs can't be conspiring against us...can they?

We've talked a lot about this over the past few years, but this season in particular we have suffered more grief from officials than ever. We get too many bad decisions (none fouls, bookings, sending offs) against us and not enough good decisions (actual fouls, bookings sendings off) for us. The bloke who sits near us has gone on about the quality of the referees that we get and their seemingly one sided approach as a group and he has something to do with assesment of referees. He was very agitated recently about us having two referees from Lancashire refereeing games we played against Lancashire clubs. I will ask him where fans should complain to officially because I am fed up with it. We never get so many game changing decisions for us, but they pile up against us in every game. Unfortunately Iorfa, who everybody is going over the top about for some reason, is very poor at tackling with his feet and does give a lot of needless free kicks away by handling players, often using both hands or arms. OK Palmer was doing this type of lazy tackling last night and even Fox, did a couple, but Iorfa and Odubajo are the main culprits for us, which combined with our smaller players trying to compete could account for a rew extra fouls, but there are still plenty of free kicks and yellow cards given against us that are not given equally against the opposition. The free kick for their "goal" last night was a prime example, another was the referee standing in line of site of the offside Flint obstructing our goalies view, not in open play where it could be missed, but before the ball was kicked with our players bringing it to the refs attention and the linesman perfectly positioned to see that Flint is offside. Clear cheating from Cardiff, against the rules of the game and well rehearsed, but allowed against us because nasty Colin, who has been in charge of so many disgraceful cheating teams and nasty moments in football, somehow or other is favoured by the footballing hierarchy! Disgraceful.   

13 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I think tonight the weather definitely played a part, and the fact they were littered with shithouses.

Regarding the season on a whole, I reckon it stems from poor balls resulting in lost possession, and us not moving the ball fast enough, so when we lose it we’re having to throw ourselves in 

look, if you play a side on their turf, with plenty of divers in the side, managed by a manger who'll stoop to most things, the ref has to be as hard as nails, he has to be consistently impartial, we have none of those to my knowledge, we have men who tow 'the party line' and often 'fold, to give an acceptable result'.