Win and we go top

38 minutes ago, Lee Davies said:

If we win at Cardiff by two goals we go top of the league (for a few hours anyways).

So, does this mean we are doing well or could you say the league is very poor? We are average right now so how the hell can we go top after 12 games. 

We’ve pretty just had the most favourable start we could ever wish for.

The next 2 months will tell us more about how good we actually are.

I’d anticipate we are one of about 10 teams fancying 6th spot

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

We’ve pretty just had the most favourable start we could ever wish for.

The next 2 months will tell us more about how good we actually are.

I’d anticipate we are one of about 10 teams fancying 6th spot

I can remember a lot on here saying the same about the blunts, they were 2nd at the time and hadn't played any of the top 6. Believe people its happening. 

25 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I think it’s a very average league this year. Fulham, Leeds and the Baggies look the best sides and I would expect them 3 to be top 6. There are 3 spots up for grabs and we have a chance given how poor the league is. 

There you go the yearly it’s an average league this season yada yada 

The championship is always competitive season in season out you make no mention of Preston there I notice nor Forest two of the form teams nor Derby,always in the mix.

I think it’s as it always is as shown yesterday with Millwall gubbing Leeds Stoke doing Swansea etc anyone can beat anyone is a cliche for a reason 

1 hour ago, Greengrass said:

I don't understand this 'it's a poor league' business, you play what's put in front of you, we will do well if we can avoid injuries to key players, unlike the last few seasons.

You make the best of situations like taking chances and capitalising on them.

You do indeed play what’s in front of you. Doesn’t mean all teams are equal ability though

I don't get the 'poor league' statement. It's the second tier of a country's league and there is currently sat at the top:-

West Brom - Have a manager who has managed internationally, knocking out England of qualification in the process. Also managed in the Premier League. Team littered with former or current internationals. 

Leeds - Have a manager who has managed in the Europa League to decent success. Managed some of the biggest teams in Europe, as well as Argentina and Chile. Littered with former and current internationals. 

Fulham - Spent over £100m last year, and built on that this year. Littered with former and current internationals. 

Our own team - Current ROI, Scotland, Australian and Kosovan internationals. Former u21s throughout the team. 

It might be a comfort blanket to those that think the Red fifth of the City went up because its a 'poor league', but it isn't. It's a ridiculously competitive league with lots of money invested into it for not even the main league in the country. FFP has brought that competitiveness closer as teams with rich owners can't just spend their way to success as much as they could before. 

If you want a poor league you should see some of the 5 a sides I've played in, to say the Championship is poor is not only a really vague comment, it's also not even remotely true. 

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

I don't get the 'poor league' statement. It's the second tier of a country's league and there is currently sat at the top:-

West Brom - Have a manager who has managed internationally, knocking out England of qualification in the process. Also managed in the Premier League. Team littered with former or current internationals. 

Leeds - Have a manager who has managed in the Europa League to decent success. Managed some of the biggest teams in Europe, as well as Argentina and Chile. Littered with former and current internationals. 

Fulham - Spent over £100m last year, and built on that this year. Littered with former and current internationals. 

Our own team - Current ROI, Scotland, Australian and Kosovan internationals. Former u21s throughout the team. 

It might be a comfort blanket to those that think the Red fifth of the City went up because its a 'poor league', but it isn't. It's a ridiculously competitive league with lots of money invested into it for not even the main league in the country. FFP has brought that competitiveness closer as teams with rich owners can't just spend their way to success as much as they could before. 

If you want a poor league you should see some of the 5 a sides I've played in, to say the Championship is poor is not only a really vague comment, it's also not even remotely true. 

The managers come here for the money, not the quality 

We have had countless opportunities to go top/get in the top 2 or back in the top 6 over the last few seasons when playing Friday or early Saturday and I cant think of many times we actually stepped up and did this.

Long trip south, Friday night in front of the cameras and Colin W suggests we wont be doing it this time either.