Win and we go top

3 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

There you go the yearly it’s an average league this season yada yada 

The championship is always competitive season in season out you make no mention of Preston there I notice nor Forest two of the form teams nor Derby,always in the mix.

I think it’s as it always is as shown yesterday with Millwall gubbing Leeds Stoke doing Swansea etc anyone can beat anyone is a cliche for a reason 

Totally agree you only have to look at the small points spread from top to bottom, year in year out, to see that this league is competitive than most. Fact is we’ve performed bang average for a number of years due to several factors including injuries. This year we are taking points and keeping players fit - all in all we have reasons to be happy and confident. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

You want to be as high as you can but for me a good judge of where we are likely to finish is the start of January, normally by then we have played everyone as least once. If we are within 5 points of the play off then there is no reason why we cannot force our way into the reckoning. If we are in the top 6 then why not aim for top 2. 

For me though our squad is too inconsistent considering they are seasoned pro's - if we had a team of younger players, you would say, so be it, that happens but with seasoned pro's who can be so hit and miss game to game - my personal view is there is something still not right in the club the problem is getting to the route of what is causing it. 

Edited by room0035
  • Like 1

Tbf, we are doing pretty well and we haven't really played all that well. 

You've got to hope (or believe) that we've got a few more levels to go up with respect to performances. 

Traditionally, we always seem to come good in the 2nd part of seasons, so it is somewhat encouraging that we are picking up points at the rate we are. 

Still - early days, but we do have a chance this season. West Brom probably the most impressive team so far and even they are only 3 points ahead of us. 

On 06/10/2019 at 12:10, McRightSide said:

We’ve pretty just had the most favourable start we could ever wish for.

The next 2 months will tell us more about how good we actually are.

I’d anticipate we are one of about 10 teams fancying 6th spot

I agree, i personally feel we have been bang average so far and am reserving judgement on Monk.

On 06/10/2019 at 12:24, agentwalker said:

I can remember a lot on here saying the same about the blunts, they were 2nd at the time and hadn't played any of the top 6. Believe people its happening. 

Problem is if we are clear by how many points for promotion by the end of the season. You just know that gibson will ask the United nations to dock us 10 points with the full backing of the efl.

• Haha 1

We have a manager who has a good track record in this league and I think he can turn us into a top 8/10 outfit. 

Monk needs to keep us within 3 points of that playoffs by January - assess the squad, our weaknesses in the next few months and when the transfer window opens - hope Chansiri will allow us to strengthen. 

If we can strengthen in January I think we've got a big shot at top 6. 

• Haha 1

On 06/10/2019 at 11:30, Lee Davies said:

If we win at Cardiff by two goals we go top of the league (for a few hours anyways).

So, does this mean we are doing well or could you say the league is very poor? We are average right now so how the hell can we go top after 12 games. 

Both in my opinion

On 06/10/2019 at 11:36, owls maniac said:

Win and we could get Colin the sack WTF:

Harris to score. Former players scoring is just the physics of football. I would absolutely love to get Colin the sack. But i am sensing a 1-1 draw.

On 06/10/2019 at 11:30, Lee Davies said:

If we win at Cardiff by two goals we go top of the league (for a few hours anyways).

So, does this mean we are doing well or could you say the league is very poor? We are average right now so how the hell can we go top after 12 games. 

It's bang average at the moment.  Who would have put Leeds down for defeats and low scoring.  We're right in there, albeit our generally older legs will have to be kept well massaged until the end of the season.  Great test of management skills, when it's so wide open.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Cardiff’s home form......If you are of a weak disposition look away now!!!

QPR won 3-0

Boro won 1-0

Fulham drew 1-1

Town won 2-1

Luton won 2-1

If that was us though we'd be saying gotta lose sooner or later

• Haha 1