VAR anyone?

2 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

Amazing how it looked different “live”... I thought it looked well outside but was clearly inside on that picture.

I thought the same as you.  Having said that the ref was poor.  There was a foul in the second half, a blatant one and while the ref gave it he hesitated for several seconds and you could just tell from his expression that he didn't want to give it. 

Referees are getting worse...I mean Swarbrick getting away with that at Hillsborough v Villa sums it up...unreal

The FA or who ever need to encourage ex players and coaches from decent levels to get involved who understand or have played the game. 

We are there to watch a game of football flow and played fairly for 90mins thats it.

Guest Ferkorf

Not a fan of Var. They still cant get it right with it. Stops the game every five to ten minutes because the referee can't do his job

6 hours ago, TANGLED UP IN BLUE said:

Referees are getting worse...I mean Swarbrick getting away with that at Hillsborough v Villa sums it up...unreal

The FA or who ever need to encourage ex players and coaches from decent levels to get involved who understand or have played the game. 

We are there to watch a game of football flow and played fairly for 90mins thats it.

I don't think enough is being done to get people in to refereeing but saying that Its a horrible job at times especially at grass roots .. the level of respect is pretty much non existant from players, blokes that have been out on the lash or that have a bloody screw loose ...

I've seen ref's chastised and chased off the pitch and threatened with weapons and all sorts even some assaulted ..

Ref was poor last night seemed to want to pick a fight with our players,no booking when the guy hooked Harris down when he was away,then booked a couple of ours for trivial fouls.

Got me thinking,what was the ref like on Saturday?,the fact I couldn't even remember him was probably a sign he was decent. 

1 hour ago, hodgybysea said:

Ref was poor last night seemed to want to pick a fight with our players,no booking when the guy hooked Harris down when he was away,then booked a couple of ours for trivial fouls.

Got me thinking,what was the ref like on Saturday?,the fact I couldn't even remember him was probably a sign he was decent. 

If the talking points aren't around the ref, usually they've had a decent but quiet game ...