VAR anyone?

2 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

It was a penalty (just) but did look to be outside box in real time. Whilst I thought referee was poor overall, I wouldn’t blame him for missing this one. 

As for VAR, please god no!  

We'd be on 17pts if var was in action..

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, daleblue said:

The moment the foul occurred he WAS inside the box, but it was close, and even with VAR not sure they would have overruled the ref.

8 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

It was a penalty (just) but did look to be outside box in real time. Whilst I thought referee was poor overall, I wouldn’t blame him for missing this one. 

As for VAR, please god no!  

5 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Amazing how it looked different “live”... I thought it looked well outside but was clearly inside on that picture.

Specsavers ought to advertise more around football games, a fair few clearly need as much help as the ref!

Of course VAR would have overruled the decision, where the line is and where the foul occurred is not a subjective matter. Still prefer football without it though.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Specsavers ought to advertise more around football games, a fair few clearly need as much help as the ref!

Of course VAR would have overruled the decision, where the line is and where the foul occurred is not a subjective matter. Still prefer football without it though.

Does VAR only come into effect when the Ref asks for it, and he was in no mood to do so.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

What about my idea?

2/3 appeals per captain at any time during the game and VAR forbidden outside of that..

2 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Does VAR only come into effect when the Ref asks for it, and he was in no mood to do so.

Don't think so. Think VAR checks on possible penalty incidents and refers to the ref. Even if not he would have had to check that had he had the option to do so.

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

What about my idea?

2/3 appeals per captain at any time during the game and VAR forbidden outside of that..

Use it like cricket,captain allowed 2 referrals per match.onlymajor decisions will be questioned and the correct decision arrived at. Tonight’s big decision would have gone our way (justifiably) 

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Don't think so. Think VAR checks on possible penalty incidents and refers to the ref. Even if not he would have had to check that had he had the option to do so.

was there not talk on Match of the day saying when the ref does not give a foul inside the penalty area (Chelsea game I think), and other matches they never over rule his decision, they so far

have used VAR in a negative way, in so much as cancelling goals for offside or fouls committed before the goal.

4 minutes ago, daleblue said:

was there not talk on Match of the day saying when the ref does not give a foul inside the penalty area (Chelsea game I think), and other matches they never over rule his decision, they so far

have used VAR in a negative way, in so much as cancelling goals for offside or fouls committed before the goal.

I agree in general about the use of VAR but a decision on whether a foul - which the referee already agreed it was - was inside the area or not is an objective decision, a clear yes or no, like the ball being over the goal line, there is nothing that might be interpreted differently.