VAR anyone?

On 01/10/2019 at 22:32, daleblue said:

The moment the foul occurred he WAS inside the box, but it was close, and even with VAR not sure they would have overruled the ref.

If you’ve conclude it was in the box without VAR assistance, then surely it’s a pen and would of been ruled as such. 

Contact was in the box and therefore should of been awarded

1 hour ago, Half time Bovril said:

If you’ve conclude it was in the box without VAR assistance, then surely it’s a pen and would of been ruled as such. 

Contact was in the box and therefore should of been awarded

Chelsea asked for a penalty for handball ref declined went to VAR they agreed with ref, no penalty, later on motd it was a conclusive penalty, how ever given that the ref gave us a free kick would

make you 100% certain of a penalty, I'm still not sure they would over rule.

Just as an after thought it was also said on motd that all the decisions so far with VAR have been to cancel goals not once to go in favour of the attacking side, this was a couple of weeks back

so stats could have changed.

It's not so much I don't think VAR could and should have given a penalty but the people using it.

I hate VAR it will ruin football. 

Let the game go, mistakes happen and it’s a talking point after. 

We were on wrong end of it this time, next time we will be on the right end.

If push come to shove, let teams have one appeal per half each to be looked at by a video ref on the touch line with a 15 second deadline for a decision. 

We never get penalties anyway, so 99% of the time were so surprised we've won one we miss it!!!. 

That said pretty solid claim that should have been given, though remembering the var from the world Cup (don't bother with Premier league football) it's that damn inconsistent, half the time the decision is wrong anyway, so knowing us we'd have not got one anyway lol

On 01/10/2019 at 22:24, Costello 77 said:

For the championship..or do we let points go begging due to injustice?

It obviously works both ways..

No , i hate this outside interference during the game. Refs and lino`s make mistakes , its part of the game and usually evens itself out over a season. No need for all this technology ruining the game. 

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

No , i hate this outside interference during the game. Refs and lino`s make mistakes , its part of the game and usually evens itself out over a season. No need for all this technology ruining the game. 

When Lees chests it off of the line doesn't cancel out Hull's movable pelanty area tho..

Doesn't it?

2 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

We never get penalties anyway, so 99% of the time were so surprised we've won one we miss it!!!. 

That said pretty solid claim that should have been given, though remembering the var from the world Cup (don't bother with Premier league football) it's that damn inconsistent, half the time the decision is wrong anyway, so knowing us we'd have not got one anyway lol

Atdhe Nuhiu takes a pretty mean penalty ....

Rarely misses ......