Jump to content
Lord Snooty

Hull City - V - Wednesday

Recommended Posts

Just now, 2roland2 said:

 

See my edited response, if you want to defend the dickheads that do this with every defeat that’s upto you. 

 

I will call it how it is thanks

Which edited response?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Costello 77 said:

Which edited response?

 

My initial response to your post. 

 

Anyhow thought you had me on ignore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2roland2 said:

 

My initial response to your post. 

 

Anyhow thought you had me on ignore?

I honestly don't know what you're talking about.. best leave it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've only managed to win two of our last ten games against Hull, so it isn't a club we do particularly well against anyway.

 

I can't say that tonight's result really surprises me, it being midweek and all.

 

We're not top two material, and never have been since Chansiri's been here.

 

And unlike the Blades, we've never had a manager who can get us much higher up the league than we ought to be...correction, we did but Chansiri sacked him when he first arrived.

 

But we can make the play-offs IMO.

 

And we usually improve in the second half of the season.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Costello 77 said:

I honestly don't know what you're talking about.. best leave it.

 

Im sure you can read back a page, without me having to go and quote the edit. 

 

Anyhow put me back on ignore fella can’t be arsed arguing with people on here fickle as fizz 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

In all seriousness, I'll be having Hull in my bet tonight. We can say "let's be positive" but anybody who has followed Wednesday for longer than a week knows this is exactly the type of game we will lose. Midweek game, away from home, good win away at the weekend, looking towards breaking into the top six, confidence high, options in the squad = annoyingly weak performance and probable defeat. Classic Wednesday.

 

Tonight was being a Sheffield Wednesday fan in a nutshell. 

 

 

  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, erowl said:

We're a team that throws in the odd good performance but on the whole we always come up short ... This was similar to Millwall where we couldn't score against 10 men for almost an hour.

 

Really poor tonight ... Reach, Bannan, Winnall, Nuhiu all poor

 

Come back very soon Fletch

Harsh on Bannan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

 

See my edited response, if you want to defend the wee pipe heads that do this with every defeat that’s upto you. 

 

I will call it how it is thanks

 

Which is what most have done tonight with regards to Reach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lightweight and out muscled especially in midfield .

Winnall looks out of place in the Championship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were the victims of our own success really. 

Two up front was good against Boro but tonight just goes to show how good Fletcher is and how Hoofing the ball up to Winnall and Nuhiu all game with the midfield nowhere to be seen just doesn't work.  

 

All round a terrible performance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They always say "win your home games and draw away".

 

Well two draws would have gleaned 2 points from the last two.

 

We've just got 3.

 

We're not going to win game after game, especially away from home, because we're not good enough for that.

 

We've got to concentrate on winning our home games, and if we win one from two away we'll be OK.

 

It's the draws that kill you.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

We were the victims of our own success really. 

Two up front was good against Boro but tonight just goes to show how good Fletcher is and how Hoofing the ball up to Winnall and Nuhiu all game with the midfield nowhere to be seen just doesn't work.  

 

All round a terrible performance. 

I’m sorry but you can’t say we were terrible. We weren’t great, but look at the chances we created. We didn’t deserve to lose.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

I’m sorry but you can’t say we were terrible. We weren’t great, but look at the chances we created. We didn’t deserve to lose.

We should have got something from the game but didnt really deserve to because we were so terrible in front of goal. 

I have never seen Westwood kick so many balls to Nuhiu's head in my life and the amount of times we were offside was unreal.

 

Boro were very naive against us.  Hull were not and we didnt have the quality or the know how to finish them off. 

 

Must do better against Wigan.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

Which is what most have done tonight with regards to Reach.

 

It isn’t just tonight though is it. I fact it isn’t just reach is it????

 

but reach and Hutchinson are the usual suspects for owlstalk to jump all over. Even when the entire team are poo . 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

 

It isn’t just tonight though is it. I fact it isn’t just reach is it????

 

but reach and Hutchinson are the usual suspects for owlstalk to jump all over. Even when the entire team are poo . 

 

 

 

There are some people who like to single out specific players. This happens on here, on twitter I would imagine on Facebook and it certainly happens in the ground. It is possible to debate the performances and just leave these people to it because you aren't going to change them and responding to them just feeds them.

 

I think Reach has been poor this season. I said he needed to produce the goods on Saturday and was definitely a contender for man of the match, sadly tonight he was way off it. There is sometimes more of a focus on Reach than others, maybe due to his fee, maybe due to the supposed interest other clubs have shown in him over the past year or so and maybe due to the fact he plays in a role where he needs to create or get shots on target. We got the ball to him in decent positions a few times tonight and he didn't do anything with it.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

There are some people who like to single out specific players. This happens on here, on twitter I would imagine on Facebook and it certainly happens in the ground. It is possible to debate the performances and just leave these people to it because you aren't going to change them and responding to them just feeds them.

 

I think Reach has been poor this season. I said he needed to produce the goods on Saturday and was definitely a contender for man of the match, sadly tonight he was way off it. There is sometimes more of a focus on Reach than others, maybe due to his fee, maybe due to the supposed interest other clubs have shown in him over the past year or so and maybe due to the fact he plays in a role where he needs to create or get shots on target. We got the ball to him in decent positions a few times tonight and he didn't do anything with it.

 

If we micro analyse players we could say the same about bannan too but the sane amongst us recognise players like bannan reach and hutch are quality but are not particularly playing well this season, but this site isn’t sane, and most on here can’t understand that even the best players have bad spells of form....

As I said earlier, within a minute of the game ending  the usual reach threads appeared, even though no one turned up today.   And in this thread digs at reach and hutch and certain other players. 

 

Tbf most of the people who who use this forum wouldn’t know a quality player from a dog turd. So why I get wound up and even come on here god knows. 

 

Theres about a couple dozen posters on here who are reasonable the rest are absolute loonball crackpots 

Edited by 2roland2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night was a typical Wednesday midweek game. No team deserved the win, had a draw all over it. One cross wasn’t dealt with and we got punished. Can’t believe the penalty call, how the referee has not given it sums up the quality of ref’s.

 

Anyways, from this period of games since we have returned:

 

Hudds (W)

Fulham (D)

Boro (W)

Hull (L)

Wigan (?)

 

Got to win on Saturday... Achieve that then that is 10 from a possible 15 points. I think that is a good return from those games just the defeat coming against the wrong club! :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boooo...that was an unwelcome reversion to type. I'm hoping The Monk feels the same....why can't we hit the fkn target. UTO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shouldn’t have lost last night. Didn’t deserve it. It wasn’t a bad performance by any means. I thought Winnall and Rhodes looked very poor and Reach didn’t do a great deal after the first 20 mins. Otherwise, the team and individual performances were ok. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iorfa was bad again tonight. Against Everton he was continually out of position and if you watch the action, just about all their chances came because he either wasn't marking up or had gone walkabout. 

It was exactly the same last night. I know he's not a regular cb but reading the game should be fundamental to a footballer. Other teams will see this worrying weakness in our defence and exploit it. That's also fundamental to football management 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...