Hull City - V - Wednesday

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Had a proper finisher been on the pitch we'd have been 3 clear before Hull scored.

Without Fletcher we have no striker with any conviction in front of goal. Be interesting to see what Monk gets out of FF when he's available. Nuhiu is Nuhiu and as I said in an earlier post Winnall and Rhodes have been shocking signings.

4 minutes ago, erowl said:

We're a team that throws in the odd good performance but on the whole we always come up short ... This was similar to Millwall where we couldn't score against 10 men for almost an hour.

Really poor tonight ... Reach, Bannan, Winnall, Nuhiu all poor

Come back very soon Fletch

and what a sad state of affairs when we miss one guy so much

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Had a proper finisher been on the pitch we'd have been 3 clear before Hull scored.

Without Fletcher we have no striker with any conviction in front of goal. Be interesting to see what Monk gets out of FF when he's available. Nuhiu is Nuhiu and as I said in an earlier post Winnall and Rhodes have been shocking signings.

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Classic Wednesday away on a Tuesday night that. 

Close game but we never really got going.

That's why we will come up short. 

Felt just like Millwall away. 

When we’re 1-0 down might as well pack up. Just huffing and puffing with no end product.

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

You dont think it’s fickle for the same group of fans to jump on a player they constantly slag?

thats your view mine is our fans are fickle as fizz  especially fans on this forum 

If you play well there's no stinting in praise on here..if you're having a mare you get pelters.. it's not Mumsnet FFS..

Only positives were Odubajo who is looking more composed and confident lately which is a much needed sign. Looks like there is still a player in there.

And Iorfa who goal aside was very strong and solid again. 

Hutch was off his game, time to give Luongo a start for once.

But main problems were up front where Winnall just isn't good enough, and Adthe isn't reliable enough in terms of goals. Fletch and FF with Nuhiu as an impact sub would be my preferred choice. Jordan has become a total afterthought now, don't think he even had a touch today did he.

Edited by swfc-dan

Potential blessing in disguise Hutch being out Saturday, big change hopefully for Luongo to see what he can do. 

Don’t get me wrong, I love Hutch. But a lot of the time if he’s not sticking tackles in he’s a massive bystander, we need a lot more from him if we’re playing a 2 man midfield. 

We've only managed to win two of our last ten games against Hull, so it isn't a club we do particularly well against anyway.

I can't say that tonight's result really surprises me, it being midweek and all.

We're not top two material, and never have been since Chansiri's been here.

And unlike the Blades, we've never had a manager who can get us much higher up the league than we ought to be...correction, we did but Chansiri sacked him when he first arrived.

But we can make the play-offs IMO.

And we usually improve in the second half of the season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

In all seriousness, I'll be having Hull in my bet tonight. We can say "let's be positive" but anybody who has followed Wednesday for longer than a week knows this is exactly the type of game we will lose. Midweek game, away from home, good win away at the weekend, looking towards breaking into the top six, confidence high, options in the squad = annoyingly weak performance and probable defeat. Classic Wednesday.

Tonight was being a Sheffield Wednesday fan in a nutshell. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, erowl said:

We're a team that throws in the odd good performance but on the whole we always come up short ... This was similar to Millwall where we couldn't score against 10 men for almost an hour.

Really poor tonight ... Reach, Bannan, Winnall, Nuhiu all poor

Come back very soon Fletch

Harsh on Bannan

10 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

See my edited response, if you want to defend the wee pipe heads that do this with every defeat that’s upto you. 

I will call it how it is thanks

Which is what most have done tonight with regards to Reach.