Iorfa - stick to RB

8 hours ago, S W F C said:

Think he’s been great at CB personally. Not put a foot wrong 

Against Town and Fulham he was outstanding.

He (and 10 others) was dire against QPR, but being thrown into a new set-up 10 minutes before KO won’t have helped.

I hope to see him RB though. Lees is a shoe-in, and Iorfa looks at least as good as Odubajo defensively, and a titan going forward.

I think he's done pretty well at CB, but last night showed we need a natural CB in there. He should have been shouting at Moses to mark their winger, get things organised, move the defence over to get men marked. Too often we weren't marking down that side (yes, Reach wasn't helping, but some direction from a CB would help 100%). I play CB and do this, so am sure professional ones do too. 

12 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Did well against Fulham at centre back.  

And believe it or not positional at right back he is all over the place.

Think the calibre of player may need to be taken into account tonight. Richarlison is twice as good as anyone in the championship.

Agree with you. He looks far more shakey at RB and where he never wants to receive the ball so always passes it backwards. He got caught out so much last season

Better at CB for me and should be nowhere near RB

Had a decent game last night

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Iorfa cost us 2 goas was constantly out of position and all round very poor, he was our worst player.

His positional sense is terrible, his attributes of pace, strength and size get him out of this at RB, at CB he cant.

Seems nobody agrees with your assessment .

Hope Gary reads it :duntmatter:

51 minutes ago, smhouston said:

Agree with you. He looks far more shakey at RB and where he never wants to receive the ball so always passes it backwards. He got caught out so much last season

Better at CB for me and should be nowhere near RB

Had a decent game last night

Pretty sure he used to carry the ball forward quite well last season?

He’s played well recently but to me still doesn’t look like a natural CB. Ball watching last night and at fault for the first goal, didn’t have a clue that his man had drifted behind him. 

Besides playing him at RB means we then have 3 players capable of attacking set pieces which is a part of the game we seem to have been poor at as long as I can remember.

51 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Pretty sure he used to carry the ball forward quite well last season?

He’s played well recently but to me still doesn’t look like a natural CB. Ball watching last night and at fault for the first goal, didn’t have a clue that his man had drifted behind him. 

Besides playing him at RB means we then have 3 players capable of attacking set pieces which is a part of the game we seem to have been poor at as long as I can remember.

The very first few games he did and looked a menace. Something changed though... Maybe it's a confidence thing? Looked like a deer in headlights last part of last season

2 hours ago, smhouston said:

The very first few games he did and looked a menace. Something changed though... Maybe it's a confidence thing? Looked like a deer in headlights last part of last season

Maybe they were trying to coach the forward runs out of him in favour of more solidarity and he was thinking too much instead of doing what comes natural to him?  Think this also then unfortunately rules him out of any ideas of him being a Carlton Palmer DM type player in the future which would have been fantastic and much needed. 

Needs to nail down a place be it CB or RB this season and kick on, very rare for a player at this level to play in different positions and progress, they tend to end up being average at both rather than good in one.

Edited by 83owl

17 hours ago, ozzieowl said:

I’d say Big Dom was solid last few games. Bit of a beast n takes no sh!t

like him a lot

Absolutely...he looked like the youngster I first saw in that final game against Wolves... CC's first season. I said to our lot " that lad's got everything ". Not sure how we ended up with him lol