Iorfa

Guest Theboylangers

Guest Theboylangers

Surprised he's not been mentioned on here today. 

I thought he was immense and reminded me of a young Carlton Palmer, especially with some of the brilliant cover tackles he made at the back today. 

Very good performance today, was best defender on pitch. The best by far defensive performance I have seen from him

His pace helped other player's. He was also good in air winning several. important headers

In last few games we often had defenders isolated, today it was more noticeable defenders had colleague(s) on hand to help out.

3 minutes ago, Jim Wonk said:

A nice cuddle can’t be underestimated...

Seriously though if I was a player things like that could make the difference and make you feel 10 feet tall... I always thought Bobby Robson was like that. I reckon I’d have tried to run through a wall for him.. just class man managment 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

Funny because I thought he was poor first half but very good second. Prefer him at RB

Agree I thought first half he looked a bit suspect at times however he was like a unit and solid second half. Also thought Moses grew into the game as time went on, I certainly ain't going to write him off like some of the fans have, I liked him when he was at Hull and I know Brentford fans were upset to lose him and they certainly have an eye for good players.

Interesting now.

Lees has to play when fit I feel and Iorfa brings a lot to the team. I would play him full back when Lees is fit.

However I would like Monk to look at 352.

Iorfa and Borner either side of Lees.

It would give us 3 in midfield and two strikers which I think is best for us and might give us more possession and control in games

However I acknowledge it takes a lot of work on the training ground to get it right and would be a big change for us.

Was immense today in his preferred position, like a cross between des and carlton!

Pounced on attackers in a flash blocking crosses and shots thanks to those gangly legs.

Thats only his 2nd start at cb and the improvement is there to see already.

Pace like his at cb helps the team too, we've not realky had that since des.

We can hold a higher line playing in attacking half more and press higher.

Leave him cb for a fair chance and moses rb, can't see how lees walks back in after that.

Borner solid too but pace at cb is a big plus imo

43 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Interesting now.

Lees has to play when fit I feel and Iorfa brings a lot to the team. I would play him full back when Lees is fit.

However I would like Monk to look at 352.

Iorfa and Borner either side of Lees.

It would give us 3 in midfield and two strikers which I think is best for us and might give us more possession and control in games

However I acknowledge it takes a lot of work on the training ground to get it right and would be a big change for us.

Iorfa isn’t good enough on the ball to play in the position. 

Neither is Lees, but Lees is much better as the anchor than Iorfa.

If you play a three at the back it has to be Hutch, Lees and Börner

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Iorfa isn’t good enough on the ball to play in the position. 

Neither is Lees, but Lees is much better as the anchor than Iorfa.

If you play a three at the back it has to be Hutch, Lees and Börner

If he plays full back and centre back I don’t see a lot of difference in terms of what he needs to do with the ball. I’m not expecting him to play like Rudi Krol.

The reason I think he would be useful in that position is his athleticism would allow him to cover the ground as a defender and support the right wing back so help take the game to the opponents.