Iorfa

Guest Theboylangers

On 15/09/2019 at 18:18, Holmowl said:

He was awful v QPR and excellent today.

Faster to the ball, super-quick over the ground, harried well, lots of blocks and one top class headed clearance.

agree but he was told at 250pm he was playing with borner who he has never partnered before in centre defence , this time with lees injured has had 2 weeks training with borner as a centre back pairing which everyone can see made a difference. 

Massive fan of Big Dom, he's one hell of a unit.

Scored some important goals from set pieces last year and will always be a threat. I want him in the team either at CB or when Lees is fully fit then move him to RB.

He's too good not to play, and showed he's more than capable at RB.

The speed/height/strength attributes he has don't grow on trees. 

Edited by swfc-dan
  • Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I like Iorfa. I still think he’s our best option at right back to be honest. Had a great game on Sunday but is he really a centre half? I’m not so sure.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 16/09/2019 at 18:12, Dutch McLovin said:

Agree, scares the life out of me at CB.... at RB he gets caught out of position loads but his pace and strength get him out of it, plus he has the impact he does going forward. At CB (as against QPR) he can be costly.... thought he was gonna be today but to be fair had a good second half.

Would much rather have him RB next week with Thorniley CB.

Why Thorniley instead of Bates? Jordan on the right side of the cb’s would be an absolute disaster. He can barely stand on his right foot let alone kick with it!

8 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Why Thorniley instead of Bates? Jordan on the right side of the cb’s would be an absolute disaster. He can barely stand on his right foot let alone kick with it!

But Borner can. And to be honest I think that's harsh on Thorniley.

Having not seen much of Bates (clips and seen him play for Scotland twice, plus Rotherham) and seen a lot of Thorniley from him coming into the first team I think he is light years ahead of Bates, I'm as much of a fan to say he should be pushing Lees and Borner.

Always find it amazing that no one bats an eyelid if you play 2 right footers at CB but if you have 2 left footers people go mental. In an Ideal world you have a right and left footer as CB's in a back 4. But over that you have the best 2 CB's available. IMO our best 2 are Lees and Borner but Thorniley isn't far off them.... Bates as back up to those three and Iorfa at RB, only CB in emergencies

Iorfas preferred position is cb and we are starting to see why vs hudders. With less ground to cover hopefully he can stay fit playing there.

Moses played well vs hudders too so would be amazed if thats changed.

Not sure about palmer at lb tho but thats another debate

On 16/09/2019 at 01:55, oldishowl said:

The reason I think he would be useful in that position is his athleticism would allow him to cover the ground as a defender and support the right wing back so help take the game to the opponents.

Overlapping centre halves?

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

But Borner can. And to be honest I think that's harsh on Thorniley.

Having not seen much of Bates (clips and seen him play for Scotland twice, plus Rotherham) and seen a lot of Thorniley from him coming into the first team I think he is light years ahead of Bates, I'm as much of a fan to say he should be pushing Lees and Borner.

Always find it amazing that no one bats an eyelid if you play 2 right footers at CB but if you have 2 left footers people go mental. In an Ideal world you have a right and left footer as CB's in a back 4. But over that you have the best 2 CB's available. IMO our best 2 are Lees and Borner but Thorniley isn't far off them.... Bates as back up to those three and Iorfa at RB, only CB in emergencies

Thorniley is an average cb. Madine has just taken the wee wee out of him in the under 23 game this week.I don’t dislike him but he isn’t good enough for where we hope to go. If Bates isn’t better than him then he was a pointless signing.

Also, I get your point about two right footed cb but it’s out of necessity due to a lack of left footers in the game. Left footers on the right side look so awkward. Why move Borner when he’s been amazing on the left side so far? No decent manager will do that and neither will Monk.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, Ash77 said:

Iorfas preferred position is cb and we are starting to see why vs hudders. With less ground to cover hopefully he can stay fit playing there.

Moses played well vs hudders too so would be amazed if thats changed.

Not sure about palmer at lb tho but thats another debate

Needs must. Fox is crap so by default Liam is our best left. He has t put a foot wrong defensively there and weirdly he was crap when he reverted to right back against QPR!

52 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Thorniley is an average cb. Madine has just taken the wee wee out of him in the under 23 game this week.I don’t dislike him but he isn’t good enough for where we hope to go. If Bates isn’t better than him then he was a pointless signing.

Also, I get your point about two right footed cb but it’s out of necessity due to a lack of left footers in the game. Left footers on the right side look so awkward. Why move Borner when he’s been amazing on the left side so far? No decent manager will do that and neither will Monk.

Have to disagree, Think Thorniley has the potential to play higher and be better than Lees.

I just think at that level a CB shouldn't worry about playing on the left or the right, and Bates was just a back up CB signing like Sasso and Venancio, but Venancio actually turned out to be a lot better than that.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
8 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Have to disagree, Think Thorniley has the potential to play higher and be better than Lees.

I just think at that level a CB shouldn't worry about playing on the left or the right, and Bates was just a back up CB signing like Sasso and Venancio, but Venancio actually turned out to be a lot better than that.

Not in a million years will Jordan be better than Lees! Laughable comment. Lees is one of our indispensable players.

11 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Not in a million years will Jordan be better than Lees! Laughable comment. Lees is one of our indispensable players.

Couldn't disagree more with this comment but its all about opinions.

Had Hector signed instead of Bates Lees and Thorniley would have been our back up CB's.

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Couldn't disagree more with this comment but its all about opinions.

Had Hector signed instead of Bates Lees and Thorniley would have been our back up CB's.

I honestly think you are talking out of your arse mate. No Thorniley and Borner would have been. No way would he gave dropped our captain for an unknown German. Hindsight is a wonderful thing my friend. Borner has been excellent but no way would he have started in front of either Lees or Hector. Now he’s probably the second name on the team sheet behind Harris but it would definitely have been different if Big Hec was here.