Do Sky dislike us ??

ANDY

45 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Kind of simple really... Huddersfield were in the Premier League last season, we haven't been in the Premier League since the very beginning of this millenium. Might be uncomfortable for y'all, but that means Huddersfield have a higher reputation than us. About a fifth of today's TV audience probably weren't alive the last time we were in the Premier League. Plus, Sky's little previews have a character limit.... if they have to choose between giving a quick 8 word addition to the base description and they have something to say about Wednesday or Huddersfield... well as I explained above, they're going to choose Huddersfield every time. Moreso because they're at home, so the first team name that everyone sees.

Or, you can take the victim mentality and postulate that Sky hate us. Whatever floats your boat. I just know which one I think sounds the more sensible/likely explanation. 

I note your argument but raise you that Monk beats Cowley and Owls beats Terriers when saving on characters! :ph34r: ..............they fecking hate us

lol

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, The Horse said:

We were the absolute darlings when Carlos was here. Especially in his first season.
We're just not that attractive....

At the moment. ;-)

Fans all over the country still talk about the football we played in that what is now becoming legendary first season 

..........when we finished 6th !

I don’t get how this post suggests that ?? It’s points out the game is ad Huddersfield ground John Smith which is no lie and that the home

team first game with new manager ! Not really showing they don’t like us when they are just pointing out fact. 

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

No mention of it being Garry Monks first game. 

67AA281C-F171-4EC3-A535-7E8A71DDE749.jpeg

I know someone who works as a camera man for Sky and he told me that the top brass called a mass meeting of all employees 

They were told to not say anything good about swfc under any circumstances 

Sounds too daft to be true ....

Sky do have a spreadsheet (I've seen it) with three columns Teams We Hate, Teams We love, Teams we Don't Care About One way or the Other.  

They are ranked in order within those columns so if two teams from the same column meet the highest rated team gets all the  good publicity.

They do some brilliant formatting so if a team from Teams we Don't Care About One way or the Other beats a team from the Teams we love, then they get changed to a nice golden colour (conditional formatting) and should they beat other teams from the other two columns over the season and they can throw in a good back story then they can get promoted to Teams We Love, no cut and paste involved all done automatically.  Amazing stuff.

Wednesday are in column...  Andy!!!

I have a dilemma today. Mrs Bonvin is dragging me out shopping when the match is on. Do I risk having BBC goal alerts on (although when I've done this in the past we seldom win) or alternatively spend the whole 90 minutes checking phone constantly, thus ignoring her saying how nice yet another set of bedding and curtains look and inadvertently agree to spending loads of money on new floral patterned accessories. What do I do?

Guest Grez Bez
11 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

I have a dilemma today. Mrs Bonvin is dragging me out shopping when the match is on. Do I risk having BBC goal alerts on (although when I've done this in the past we seldom win) or alternatively spend the whole 90 minutes checking phone constantly, thus ignoring her saying how nice yet another set of bedding and curtains look and inadvertently agree to spending loads of money on new floral patterned accessories. What do I do?

Tell her to go shopping on her own...