Do Sky dislike us ??

ANDY

11 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

I have a dilemma today. Mrs Bonvin is dragging me out shopping when the match is on. Do I risk having BBC goal alerts on (although when I've done this in the past we seldom win) or alternatively spend the whole 90 minutes checking phone constantly, thus ignoring her saying how nice yet another set of bedding and curtains look and inadvertently agree to spending loads of money on new floral patterned accessories. What do I do?

You still have time to get to the game someone in a pub will have a spare ticket. Go man Go remember you wear the trousers, this is your moment.

If you bottle it I'd suggest this, goes with most things and the women like that sort of thing.

image.png.fec4cc154d51b286777bab3581d3d65e.png 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

I have a dilemma today. Mrs Bonvin is dragging me out shopping when the match is on. Do I risk having BBC goal alerts on (although when I've done this in the past we seldom win) or alternatively spend the whole 90 minutes checking phone constantly, thus ignoring her saying how nice yet another set of bedding and curtains look and inadvertently agree to spending loads of money on new floral patterned accessories. What do I do?

Man up

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

You still have time to get to the game someone in a pub will have a spare ticket. Go man Go remember you wear the trousers, this is your moment.

If you bottle it I'd suggest this, goes with most things and the women like that sort of thing.

image.png.fec4cc154d51b286777bab3581d3d65e.png 

Thanks for that.  She's just seen your post. Loves that bedspread. Wants to know where you got it from...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

Kind of simple really... Huddersfield were in the Premier League last season, we haven't been in the Premier League since the very beginning of this millenium. Might be uncomfortable for y'all, but that means Huddersfield have a higher reputation than us. About a fifth of today's TV audience probably weren't alive the last time we were in the Premier League. Plus, Sky's little previews have a character limit... if they have to choose between giving a quick 8 word addition to the base description and they have something to say about Wednesday or Huddersfield... well as I explained above, they're going to choose Huddersfield every time. Moreso because they're at home, so the first team name that everyone sees.

Or, you can take the victim mentality and postulate that Sky hate us. Whatever floats your boat. I just know which one I think sounds the more sensible/likely explanation. 

Think it's simpler than that. Huddersfield is the home team so take top billing.

1 hour ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Mrs Rev always lets me watch the game if there's any sort of conflict of interest.

What you need is a relative to watch it with.

For me it's either father-son bonding with my son or father-son time with my dad or like today all three generations watching match together.

Family outranks soft furnishings.

Either that or throw a sickie, putting your foot down is a non-starter. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, darra said:

Think it's simpler than that. Huddersfield is the home team so take top billing.

Yep that's Sam on BBC sports App.

When you follow the SWFC page you see that the home team get top billing even on what's supposed to be our BBC homepage.

Lord Snooty does it too. You read the match day thread there's an unconscious bias towards the home team.

lol

• Haha 1

They don't dislike us...

They just don't give a crap about us right now.

Unless you are pushing for promotion/tipped for promotion or one of their darlings (Leeds), then Sky don't really give a throw.

Heck, on the opening graphic for their EFL coverage, some clubs have their manager, star player shown, whilst others don't. 

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't draw the conclusion that Sky have any kind of issue with us, and how we're billed on the Sky TV Guide is probably not indicative of much, but even from a neutral's point of view, it's unquestionably sloppy to summarise a game in which both teams' managers are taking charge for their first game as a game between two teams one of which has a new manager.

After all, if that a team has a new manager is deemed to be a point of interest to an armchair fan, then surely that both teams of new managers would be even more so?

Pretty sure I just witnessed loads of positive stuff said about our squad, describing Bannan as the best player in the league, about the fact we are a sleeping giant and Monk will have us in the playoffs. There’s more important things to worry about in life, for example, why does 0% Bavaria smell like Ovaltine?

4 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Divorce sounds like a feasible answer to this conundrum, FFS lol 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Kind of simple really... Huddersfield were in the Premier League last season, we haven't been in the Premier League since the very beginning of this millenium. Might be uncomfortable for y'all, but that means Huddersfield have a higher reputation than us. About a fifth of today's TV audience probably weren't alive the last time we were in the Premier League. Plus, Sky's little previews have a character limit... if they have to choose between giving a quick 8 word addition to the base description and they have something to say about Wednesday or Huddersfield... well as I explained above, they're going to choose Huddersfield every time. Moreso because they're at home, so the first team name that everyone sees.

Or, you can take the victim mentality and postulate that Sky hate us. Whatever floats your boat. I just know which one I think sounds the more sensible/likely explanation. 

The home advantage and the side dropping out of the PL are likely to have impacted on what was previewed within the character limit.

Think the Cowley's being the big new story and them being the managers of the moment also had a lot to do with how the build up has been portrayed this week. They were the main focus of football focus as well outside the PL.

Glad Monk quietly went about his business and enabled us to produce a professional away display that deservedly won us the points.