Do Sky dislike us ??

ANDY

I’ve noticed that fans of every club think their team is disliked by either sky, a pundit, a local radio station etc.

I'm sure there’s a psychological explanation for it, but I just put it down to the fact that your own team is so important to you, and you surround yourself with a circle that ignites this passion further. You then subconsciously think everyone should share this appreciation/importance of your team, when realistically no one outside of it really cares about your club, including Sky, the media, ex players etc....

1 minute ago, standerino said:

I’ve noticed that fans of every club think their team is disliked by either sky, a pundit, a local radio station etc.

I'm sure there’s a psychological explanation for it, but I just put it down to the fact that your own team is so important to you, and you surround yourself with a circle that ignites this passion further. You then subconsciously think everyone should share this appreciation/importance of your team, when realistically no one outside of it really cares about your club, including Sky, the media, ex players etc....

But it doesn’t mention that it’s Monks first game tho. 

Nothing to do with psychology. 

• Haha 2

Kind of simple really... Huddersfield were in the Premier League last season, we haven't been in the Premier League since the very beginning of this millenium. Might be uncomfortable for y'all, but that means Huddersfield have a higher reputation than us. About a fifth of today's TV audience probably weren't alive the last time we were in the Premier League. Plus, Sky's little previews have a character limit... if they have to choose between giving a quick 8 word addition to the base description and they have something to say about Wednesday or Huddersfield... well as I explained above, they're going to choose Huddersfield every time. Moreso because they're at home, so the first team name that everyone sees.

Or, you can take the victim mentality and postulate that Sky hate us. Whatever floats your boat. I just know which one I think sounds the more sensible/likely explanation. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Kind of simple really... Huddersfield were in the Premier League last season, we haven't been in the Premier League since the very beginning of this millenium. Might be uncomfortable for y'all, but that means Huddersfield have a higher reputation than us. About a fifth of today's TV audience probably weren't alive the last time we were in the Premier League. Plus, Sky's little previews have a character limit... if they have to choose between giving a quick 8 word addition to the base description and they have something to say about Wednesday or Huddersfield... well as I explained above, they're going to choose Huddersfield every time. Moreso because they're at home, so the first team name that everyone sees.

Or, you can take the victim mentality and postulate that Sky hate us. Whatever floats your boat. I just know which one I think sounds the more sensible/likely explanation. 

I'm postulating right this moment, and I've just checked, my boats are floating, 

Is this an omen?

Got a good feeling about this. 

Guest The Horse
3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

The last time I got sent a message this arousing is when I had a girlfriend

Girlfriends are pretty much like Sky.
Only interested when we we have money. If not, it's like you don't exist!

Edited by The Horse