Well done Lee Bullen

I think we need to thank Lee for stepping up and doing us proud so many times in recent years. He is clearly loved and respected by the team and the bulk of supporters. I’d like to see him stay, but perhaps it’s only fair that he has a bit of hands on management elsewhere, before we welcome him back as the manager some time in the future. Good job Lee - thanks, it was a huge ask, several times, and you did well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, DidOwl said:

I think we need to thank Lee for stepping up and doing us proud so many times in recent years. He is clearly loved and respected by the team and the bulk of supporters. I’d like to see him stay, but perhaps it’s only fair that he has a bit of hands on management elsewhere, before we welcome him back as the manager some time in the future. Good job Lee - thanks, it was a huge ask, several times, and you did well. 

Welcome t’Owlstalk Lee:image:

• Haha 6

I’d be gutted to be looked over for Garry Monk if I was Bullen. Given Monk has only got big teams in this league to fail making the play-offs, I’d be thinking I could do at least as well.

If I wanted to get a manager’s job I’d be hoping that I could learn off the new manager, like he did working with Bruce. Not sure if he will feel Monk will be any great mentor for him.

• Haha 1

I feel for Bullen

In my opinion DC was hoping to give him the job

Most people knew that he was a stop gap, a great clubman, but not a manager

We had to wait for a run of defeats for Chansiri to realise this, Bullen shouldn't have been put in this position

Monk could have been announced much earlier

With the run of fixtures we've had, we could be top of the league now

But now we're playing catch up 

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Just now, mcmigo said:

Bully always steps up to the plate. 3 wins a solid start.  I am sure only a matter of time before he is in as caretaker again!

If you want my opinion

I think DC is set on the Cowley's, he's probably impressed by their loyalty to their current club

The Cowley's have said they won't leave Lincoln this season

So I think DC has hired a stop gap until they are available

He's probably told Monk you've got the rest of the season to get us promoted, do that and the job's yours

Fail and The Cowley's are coming in next season

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

If you want my opinion

I think DC is set on the Cowley's, he's probably impressed by their loyalty to their current club

He's probably told Monk you've got the rest of the season to get us promoted, do that and the job's yours

I would love you to be right. However I reckon the Cowleys will be snapped up before the end of the season by another club. 

18 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

If you want my opinion

I agree

18 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

If you want my opinion

Good shout. No better way to say to Monk - win promotion and it’s all yours.

10 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I feel for Bullen

In my opinion DC was hoping to give him the job

Most people knew that he was a stop gap, a great clubman, but not a manager

We had to wait for a run of defeats for Chansiri to realise this, Bullen shouldn't have been put in this position

Monk could have been announced much earlier

With the run of fixtures we've had, we could be top of the league now

But now we're playing catch up 

Been saying that all along Hootie, let's hope the points lost dont cost us at the end of the season

I'd got us down for at least 13 points from the 6 games

10 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

If you want my opinion

I wouldn't be unhappy with that. 

For me, the cowleys are a long term project, people to rebuild and rebrand the whole club.

But that's for the future, for now I'm hoping Mr Monk does well. 

11 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

If you want my opinion

Possibly you are correct.

Although if Monk got us 7th and got sack I'd be very annoyed.

Think with cowleys is they are a massive gamble. Lincoln is a small city and club, with little pressure on it to succeed. They just wanted to get out of the conference and are happy to be in the league. Who knows how well they'd handle the pressure at a big club like ours who expect promotion.

14 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Wonder if anyone told the cowley's..cos if they do well and lincoln are promoted..maybe they will end up at noocastle, west brom, derby, southampton..in fact we would be about 12th in the queue.

If you want my opinion

He never spoke to Cowleys would not pay compensation  It was about staying within budget as much as anything. 

Delighted Monk fell within budget.

This site is full of over excitable reactionary hypocrites.

Banging on about loyalty since Bruce left like he's stolen their girlfriend, robbed their bank and stabbed them literally in the back...Next thing is they was to get rid of Bullen, a man who knows everything about the club and players and will do everything he can for the club...

If you want my opinion

If you want my opinion.

He might have never heard of them and i'm 99 percent sure he didn't talk to them

4 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I am not so sure Lee Bullen is respected by the players. They certainly were not playing for him last week v QPR.

I can’t see why he’s respected by supporters so much either.  This season Bullen has taken a very good squad, set us up badly, panicked if we’ve gone behind and made us look ordinary.  What is there to respect?  He’s probably good with the players but in truth he’s a poor coach and needs replacing with someone with the right qualities to take us up.