Well done Lee Bullen

46 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

I can’t see why he’s respected by supporters so much either.

I'll give you a clue regards win rate:

57% this season

47% from 15 games (which is much better than Bruce from a similar amount of games)

Yet some fans want to lick bruce's strawberries.

Strange, Bullen gets a bit of respect.

Hope that helps. :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

I'll give you a clue regards win rate:

57% this season

47% from 15 games (which is much better than Bruce from a similar amount of games)

Yet some fans want to lick bruce's strawberries.

Strange, Bullen gets a bit of respect.

Hope that helps. :rolleyes:

No it doesn’t. Bruce built the team that Bullen inherited.  Bruce had to work with a broken team for much of his time but apart from full back positions we finally now have what we need. I’ve seen all the games this season and it’s clear that Bullen has no clue how to play the high pressing 433 that Bruce set this team up to play.  In my view Bullen lost the game against QPR playing a 442 with no one seeming to have any idea where they were playing.  Even when we’ve won Bullen’s tactics have been dubious, and everyone could see the Preston and QPR defeats coming. Using win rate after 6 bang average performances to justify Bullen doesn’t wash. 

13 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

But you have failed to explain the win rate:biggrin:

AND bullen took over from a crocked team first time, second time it was fully broken by jos...or do you mean it was only broken for bruce and not bullen?

Btw bruce has never ever never ever been a 433 coach

I don’t think we’re going to agree on this.  I accept that Bullen inherited a disaster after Jos and steadied the ship for a while.  First time round I thought Bullen was possibly worse than Carlos.  I think Bruce did build a 433 team - not in the past but this time round with Harris, Fletch, Reach / Murphy.  We now have a front 3 as good as any team, and I think if the full backs could be sorted out and Hitch kept fit (big ifs) we could challenge.  My disappointment is then the failure in the games Bullen has managed to use the width and just playing it long to Fletch with big gaps in the middle. This is down to Bullen. I thought even Barnsley outplayed us through the middle at times. 

1 hour ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

No it doesn’t. Bruce built the team that Bullen inherited.  Bruce had to work with a broken team for much of his time but apart from full back positions we finally now have what we need. I’ve seen all the games this season and it’s clear that Bullen has no clue how to play the high pressing 433 that Bruce set this team up to play.  In my view Bullen lost the game against QPR playing a 442 with no one seeming to have any idea where they were playing.  Even when we’ve won Bullen’s tactics have been dubious, and everyone could see the Preston and QPR defeats coming. Using win rate after 6 bang average performances to justify Bullen doesn’t wash. 

Pathetic.

23 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

I don’t think we’re going to agree on this.  I accept that Bullen inherited a disaster after Jos and steadied the ship for a while.  First time round I thought Bullen was possibly worse than Carlos.  I think Bruce did build a 433 team - not in the past but this time round with Harris, Fletch, Reach / Murphy.  We now have a front 3 as good as any team, and I think if the full backs could be sorted out and Hitch kept fit (big ifs) we could challenge.  My disappointment is then the failure in the games Bullen has managed to use the width and just playing it long to Fletch with big gaps in the middle. This is down to Bullen. I thought even Barnsley outplayed us through the middle at times. 

‘A front 3 as good as any team’ is the most ridiculous part of any post on here in many years.

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Bullen has not managed enough games for any serious examination of his win ratio.

I respect what he has done for Wednesday in his time as coach and player. 

15 games with us, similar to bruce..? Seems to me some people have bad mems, bruce won two out of his last eight with us..once he put his stamp on it..

22 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

‘A front 3 as good as any team’ is the most ridiculous part of any post on here in many years.

We’ve been crying out for wingers with out and out pace for years, and Fletch holds the ball up and distributes as good as most in this league. I’m obviously not comparing to Man City or Liverpool but in this league we have a great front 3.  Not sure why that’s rediculous.  Knocking long balls down the middle and not using our width on the other hand is. 

12 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

We’ve been crying out for wingers with out and out pace for years, and Fletch holds the ball up and distributes as good as most in this league. I’m obviously not comparing to Man City or Liverpool but in this league we have a great front 3.  Not sure why that’s rediculous.  Knocking long balls down the middle and not using our width on the other hand is. 

I am sure Fulham look on our front 3 with envy compared to the poverty they have up top.

21 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I feel for Bullen

In my opinion DC was hoping to give him the job

Most people knew that he was a stop gap, a great clubman, but not a manager

We had to wait for a run of defeats for Chansiri to realise this, Bullen shouldn't have been put in this position

Monk could have been announced much earlier

With the run of fixtures we've had, we could be top of the league now

But now we're playing catch up 

The chairman should have either backed him for the management position from the start or not at all.

if this was some kind of interview for the job - he’s hardly had a disastrous start - what did he need to do to get it?

i think the chairman’s now put him in an awkward position where he’s perceived to have failed - when he’s hardly had a chance.

i didn’t want bullen to be our manager - not because I don’t like him but because we need an experienced manager in the mould of Bruce - we’ve now got something in between bullen and Bruce and if I was bullen I’d be a bit annoyed.

13 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

I am sure Fulham look on our front 3 with envy compared to the poverty they have up top.

I don’t think they’ll look on with envy but they’ll have to defend well.  Fulham have a great attacking line up.  I thought Sessegnon was the best player on the pitch when I went down a couple of years ago and he can’t have been much older than 17 but I think he’s gone to Spurs. 

21 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

If you want my opinion

I think DC is set on the Cowley's, he's probably impressed by their loyalty to their current club

The Cowley's have said they won't leave Lincoln this season

So I think DC has hired a stop gap until they are available

He's probably told Monk you've got the rest of the season to get us promoted, do that and the job's yours

Fail and The Cowley's are coming in next season

Monk is streets ahead of the Cowleys, he has top level experience

Our club will benefit from that experience

A lot of people have banged on about how thorough and hard working the Cowleys are and how they would instantly transform our club

Monk will do that and more,, we are in a good place right now

Let the hard work and fun begin