I’m glad we’ve hired Monk instead of the Cowleys...

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yep I’m hilarious. Just being realistic mate. 

Cowley never spoke to us

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Cowley will go on to manage in the Premier League. Bit worrying he rejected us for a side bottom of the league. 

Cowley was never offered the job because he didn't speak to us

But if it suits you're agenda

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

13 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Cowley will go on to manage in the Premier League. Bit worrying he rejected us for a side bottom of the league. 

Not like you to believe the made up bad stuff and massively overreact...

:duntmatter:

Our new manager already has and may just do so again and there is zero evidence that we ever spoke to Cowley apart from some betting spiv on Twitter saying so.

i have a horrible feeling we are going to regret this. we needed a root and branch renewal of the entire club and i think the cowleys would have given us that. The way this has gone will put even more pressure on Monk and the chairman. As much as I am grateful to DC for what he’s done for Wednesday, the club still seems to be run in a disconnected amateurish way. to get where we all want to go will take years of work, investment and longterm planning. In the light of all that’s gone on this past week or so, Monk’s appointment smacks yet again of short-termism - one last throw of the dice for an ageing squad. 

Having got all that off my chest, we obviously have no choice but to give Monk a real chance and see what he can do. i will quite happily munch on a large portion of humble pie from the sausage cottage if we wee wee the league and march into the prem, passing wilder on the way out. 

Edited by SkegHubro

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Cowley never spoke to us

Cowley was never offered the job because he didn't speak to us

But if it suits you're agenda

Yes he did. 

https://t.co/3w85w5vmHt

Spent way too long looking into sources of football news in my life. Will believe these two sources over most people on this forum, no disrespect.

EDFA5F1E-8DEA-4B18-B554-0238133F138A.png

3 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Not like you to believe the made up bad stuff and massively overreact...

:duntmatter:

Our new manager already has and may just do so again and there is zero evidence that we ever spoke to Cowley apart from some betting spiv on Twitter saying so.

For the record, I know Vernon and he’s way too busy to make up rubbish and post on the internet. I’ll take his word. 

• Haha 2

Just now, SkegHubro said:

i have a horrible feeling we are going to regret this. we needed a root and branch renewal of the entire club and i think the cowleys would have given us that. The way this has gone will put even more pressure on Monk and the chairman. As much as I am grateful to DC for what he’s done for Wednesday, the club still seems to be run in a disconnected amateurish way. to get where we all want to go will takes years of work, investment and longterm planning. In the light of all that’s gone on this past few week or so, Monk’s appointment smacks yet again of short-termism - one last throw of the dice for an ageing squad. 

Having got all that off my chest, we obviously have no choice but to give Monk a real chance and see what he can do. i will quite happily munch on a large portion of humble pie from the sausage cottage if we wee wee the league and march into the prem, passing wilder on the way out. 

These types of posts, although sensible, make me smile.

The average fans view of long-termism is about 5 matches, 3 at a push on here.  Wait for the reaction if we lose on Saturday.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yes he did. 

https://t.co/3w85w5vmHt

Spent way too long looking into sources of football news in my life. Will believe these two sources over most people on this forum, no disrespect.

EDFA5F1E-8DEA-4B18-B554-0238133F138A.png

You'll be trying to tell me there's a father christmas next

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

21 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s even come out of his own mouth that Sheffield Wednesday have not approached Lincoln for permission to even speak to him so how can we get rejected when we’ve not even tried to get him And to manage in the Premiership you got to prove yourself first in the championship which he hasn’t done And for the last three games he’s been struggling In league one

2 minutes ago, SkegHubro said:

i have a horrible feeling we are going to regret this. we needed a root and branch renewal of the entire club and i think the cowleys would have given us that. The way this has gone will put even more pressure on Monk and the chairman. As much as I am grateful to DC for what he’s done for Wednesday, the club still seems to be run in a disconnected amateurish way. to get where we all want to go will take years of work, investment and longterm planning. In the light of all that’s gone on this past week or so, Monk’s appointment smacks yet again of short-termism - one last throw of the dice for an ageing squad. 

Although I would have liked Cowley to come here, there would be no cast iron guarantee he’d be successful. As with any manager it’s a gamble, but Monk is more experienced at this level. He’s more experienced at big football clubs. I’m still on the fence with Monk to be fair, but I don’t understand why you’d consider his appointment short-termism? He’s 40 years old and got more experience than Cowley who’s the same age. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

I don’t understand why you’d consider his appointment short-termism? He’s 40 years old and got more experience than Cowley who’s the same age. 

yeah, i take your point. i really hope he stays with us for years and builds something great. i was thinking more of the way it was handled in the media. maybe it was out of DC’s hands, but the way it came out of the blue after a week of Cowley speculation, and the way in the press conference he said that Monk was “the best choice at this time”. it just could have been handled better i reckon. 

9 minutes ago, SkegHubro said:

yeah, i take your point. i really hope he stays with us for years and builds something great. i was thinking more of the way it was handled in the media. maybe it was out of DC’s hands, but the way it came out of the blue after a week of Cowley speculation, and the way in the press conference he said that Monk was “the best choice at this time”. it just could have been handled better i reckon. 

i mean, compare DC’s quote to Huddersfield’s quote today: 

Chairman Phil Hodgkinson added: “From the outset, [head of football operations] David Webb and I knew how important this next appointment is for the club. We undertook a very detailed and thorough process to identify the right person to lead the first team forward, first outlining the qualities we were looking for in the right candidate and then establishing which managers matched them.

“Our research, due diligence and work resulted in a shortlist of four candidates, and Danny Cowley was number one. Our character references revealed a man who is one of the most detailed managers around; meticulous in his preparation, and highly regarded by his peers.”