I’m glad we’ve hired Monk instead of the Cowleys...

18 minutes ago, SkegHubro said:

i mean, compare DC’s quote to Huddersfield’s quote today: 

Chairman Phil Hodgkinson added: “From the outset, [head of football operations] David Webb and I knew how important this next appointment is for the club. We undertook a very detailed and thorough process to identify the right person to lead the first team forward, first outlining the qualities we were looking for in the right candidate and then establishing which managers matched them.

“Our research, due diligence and work resulted in a shortlist of four candidates, and Danny Cowley was number one. Our character references revealed a man who is one of the most detailed managers around; meticulous in his preparation, and highly regarded by his peers.”

Leadership. It’s DC’s club and I’m grateful for the amount he’s invested and the time he’s spent. But we really do lack a leadership figure at the club. A statement like this goes along way. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

Guest Kameron
On 06/09/2019 at 21:15, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Small clubs don't take 40 odd thousand to Wembley

Small clubs don't take 5,000 to Preston for a meaningless end of season game

Three of the clubs you mention can only dream of a fanbase like ours

The other has nothing else to do at weekends baa shag sheep

Do you like what I did there?

And big clubs don't spend soon to be twenty years outside of the top division.

I cant believe our fans are wetting themselves over a manager who has done well at one small club. What evidence does anyone have that the cowley's are the next big thing

I know what our fans are hoping to copy the snorters but wilder proved himself at a lower level with many clubs. If DC had appointed the cowley's and had they failed people on here would have absolutely hammered him. Get over this and support monk a man who knows this league rather than a massive gamble in the cowley's

3 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Only Wednesday fans could spin another team getting a manager into a negative against our own Chairman/Club.

Some of the stuff I’ve seen and heard since Monk was announced is a disgrace, it only serves to harm the club. 

We’ve been beaten to a manager by bottom of the league Huddersfield. I don’t agree with the bile that gets chucked around, but no one can convince me that this club is in a particularly good place atm. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313

I’m not feeling envious at all, not expecting him to be successful at Huddersfield.

Why do people think that a manager, who’s highlight of their playing career was playing in the 6th tier, and only notable management experience is a promotion from the 5th and 4th tiers, would be able to walk into a second tier club and completely turn things around from the bottom up. There’s nothing there to suggest that’s likely.. particularly going into somewhere like Huddersfield which is basically a sinking ship. He’s going to have to learn so much on the job.. people who think he can do it through sheer force of personality, being ultra prepared and confident clearly think that the experience is unimportant.

Monk is the same age and has done much more in the game at the right end of the football pyramid. Let’s get behind him, we’re far more likely to get to the play offs under Monk than under Cowley

1 minute ago, vulva said:

We’ve been beaten to a manager by bottom of the league Huddersfield. I don’t agree with the bile that gets chucked around, but no one can convince me that this club is in a particularly good place atm. 

The only people claiming we were ever in for Cowley, or ‘beaten’ to him, are the people that were saying it was nailed on he was coming to Wednesday last week. It’s just nonsense from people trying to cover their arses.

Look at the people that are verified and respected journalists. They all say we never spoke to Cowley. Look at Cowley himself, 2 days after we’d actually approached Monk, he says he’s not spoken to Wednesday.

It’s just spin and now people are using it as a stick to beat the club with. As always!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

I don't think we've been beaten by Huddersfield, I don't think we were interested in the race in the first place so could hardly get beaten.

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

We’ve not spoken with Cowley 

43 minutes ago, SkegHubro said:

i mean, compare DC’s quote to Huddersfield’s quote today: 

Chairman Phil Hodgkinson added: “From the outset, [head of football operations] David Webb and I knew how important this next appointment is for the club. We undertook a very detailed and thorough process to identify the right person to lead the first team forward, first outlining the qualities we were looking for in the right candidate and then establishing which managers matched them.

“Our research, due diligence and work resulted in a shortlist of four candidates, and Danny Cowley was number one. Our character references revealed a man who is one of the most detailed managers around; meticulous in his preparation, and highly regarded by his peers.”

Tbf, do you really expect Chansiri to come out with a statement like that? 

English isn't exactly his first language. 

Just now, NeonLeon said:

The only people claiming we were ever in for Cowley, or ‘beaten’ to him, are the people that were saying it was nailed on he was coming to Wednesday last week. It’s just nonsense from people trying to cover their arses.

Look at the people that are verified and respected journalists. They all say we never spoke to Cowley. Look at Cowley himself, 2 days after we’d actually approached Monk, he says he’s not spoken to Wednesday.

It’s just spin and now people are using it as a stick to beat the club with. As always!

Fair point. Just my guess that we made an approach but they were put off due to control issues. I think they order the bog roll at Lincoln. 

Cowley may not have spoke with Wednesday, but he might have spoken with our intermediaries. Just a hunch. 

I’ve had serious concerns for a long time. DC has spent a well intentioned c£100m. We are in a lower league position, a training ground with limited improvements and a ground that can barely get a safety certificate. We’ve got a better team, but our rivals have got better teams than they had when DC came in. 

None of that is spin. 

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

I’ve had serious concerns for a long time. DC has spent a well intentioned c£100m. We are in a lower league position, a training ground with limited improvements and a ground that can barely get a safety certificate. We’ve got a better team, but our rivals have got better teams than they had when DC came in. 

None of that is spin. 

Don't dispute any of that.

The spin was in reference to the Cowley situation being manipulated to beat Chansiri.

Good to see the knives are out already though. 

Monk was appointed two days ago and already some are seemingly waiting for the first defeat, dropped point etc., to go absolute schizo and tell us they were right all along. 

When did we become such a delusional set of fans? I swear it wasn't always like this, but perhaps I'm wrong. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

We’ve not spoken with Cowley 

6 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

No wonder that he didn't want the job if that's the way we went about it..

4 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

It was an awkward interview from start to finish 

VengefulUnfitAmericanwarmblood-size_restricted.gif